[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any Military out there? What is the Military like? Do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: baldeagle4.jpg (63 KB, 964x650) Image search: [Google]
baldeagle4.jpg
63 KB, 964x650
Any Military out there?
What is the Military like? Do you guys also have to do Math, Science ect .... along side the physical parts of it?
>>
>>16985865
You clearly don't know anything about the military. The answer to that question depends greatly on what MOS a person is.
>>
Haha, you don't know shit, do you?

Go on the about.com page and read up.
>>
It all depends on what branch you choose and what job you do within it (mos/rate is the term for your job)

Assuming you're American it generally breaks down like this
Army-join if you want to be a soldier or drive colossal vehicles
Navy-join if you like ships, the sea, and lots of travel
Air force-join if you like planes, it also has the best living conditions
Marines-like the army but for people who take pride in doing things the hard way over the smart way
Coast guard-for people who actually want to defend America, you'll need to like being on the water.

Got any specific questions?
>>
>>16985950
>>16985985
Plz no bully

>>16986007

All seem so good ......

I want to drive some big as vehicles
I like travel and see
I like planes
I sense irony here, but everyone says the Marines is the hardest so I want to do that
Egh I would rather do Navy then......
Well what is the hardest over all, physically and mentally?
>>
>>16986021

Still depends on your rate and what you consider hard. Other poster gave good nutshell overview. Just realize that once you're in you have no control over what they have you doing.
>>
>>16986021
It's not bullying you lazy fool. Just go onto the GoArmy or whatever branch you are interested in and look at all the different jobs. As you might imagine, some will require more STEM-type knowledge than others.
>>
>>16986021
You're coming at this with the wrong attitude. It's not about what's the hardest it's about what you think you can excell at, won't drive you mad since you'll be forced to do it for years and you can't just quit if you hate it or your boss is a cunt, and critically think about what will afford you the most opportunity once you're out.
>>
>>16986034
>Just realize that once you're in you have no control over what they have you doing.

I don't really care as long as it is not boring desu

What do you mean by "rate"?
>>
>>16986045

Thomas up there already said what it was.

It has potential to be boring. You sound like an idiot and a liability all rolled up into one directionless sack of shit.

More or less what>>16986038 said, though.
>>
>>16986038
>and critically think about what will afford you the most opportunity once you're out.

What do you mean? I really could not give a shit about that desu with you.

> It's not about what's the hardest it's about what you think you can excel at

eh...... I suppose playing to your strengths and all making sure you can handle it
But I really just want whatever is hardest on all levels.

>>16986035

Can't they just force you to learn what you need to once you get there?
>>
>>16986058
>Can't they just force you to learn what you need to once you get there?
That's true of all the jobs. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to put up with and how much they'll let you (having high ASVAB scores).
>>
>>16986045
Rate is the Navy and CG term for your job.

Many jobs are mind numbingly boring. Go through the Wikipedia page that lists all the Navy rates and come back when you find a few that sound interesting to you and we'll tell you more about it.
>>
>>16986058

They will train you for your MOS, but obviously not all are available to all levels of education. What I do in the Air Force involved going in with a STEM degree, and getting my doctorate while in the Air Force. I work with people doing a similar job who just have a BS, some of whom got it after they joined, but there is no one I work with who was just trained or "forced" to learn what they needed to know to do this job. There are those who decided it was something they wanted to aim for, went to school, and by some miracle ended up here. Doesn't always/usually work out.

Totally not the case for other jobs, obviously. They're not going to force you to learn something they think you'll suck at, and you are competing with people who have more drive and direction than you.

I don't know what you mean by mentally challenging. If you find forcing yourself to put you and you friends in danger mentally challenging, than infantry is just fine. If you find directing the operations of satellites mentally challenging, then there isn't going to be much physical challenge in it for you.
>>
>>16986058
>but I really just want whatever is hardest on all levels
Alright then, join the army as an 11x which is infantry airborne. During training recruiters from ranger battalion will come around and if you're as hard as you say they'll let you join the rangers. From there if you continue to excell you can join Delta and be a real operator.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.