[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop feeling bad/cringy about my past? I sometimes think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
How do I stop feeling bad/cringy about my past? I sometimes think of my life in retrospect, and I feel so down because I was a loser and acted like a legitimate autist K-12, and it translates a little into my everyday life
>>
Live a present that you will be proud of.
>>
I feel this so strongly OP.
It's been 5 years since high school and I've gotten less cringey every year.
But it still comes back to bite me on the ass, like a person I was cringe toward in HS talking shit about me to my coworkers, that kind of thing. I find most people have forgotten or don't care. A lot just dismiss it as the past. I'm different now, so that helps.

Basically this >>16980346 I really like who I am now and have plans to be even better. So that helps. Being cringey in the past means my absolute progress is even better, so that's cool.
>>
>>16980352
So… uhh… what happened to feeling bad? Doesn't sound like you feel bad about yourself at all, Mr. Patshimselfonback!
>>
>>16980339
There are key moments in life - leaving school, going to university, getting a new job, moving, etc. - that give you the opportunity to re-invent yourself and start all over, because no one knows what you used to be like.

Grab the next one that comes along, or create one, and start fresh, forgetting the loser you think you once were.
>>
>>16980357

I feel weird about it a lot. I'm kept up thinking about embarrassing things over and over. I actively avoid people from my past, even if I miss them, even if it means missing out on awesome shit. I'm the kind of person who embarrasses myself in a situation and never goes back. My career choice was basically based on which department at my college I hadn't yet made an ass of myself socially in yet.

It still sucks, but I'm less cringey than I was and I realize 99% of people I interact with daily don't have any idea of my past.
>>
Just think of other peoples past. Do you remember their fuck ups often? No, because no one cares
>>
File: 03a.jpg (32 KB, 509x385) Image search: [Google]
03a.jpg
32 KB, 509x385
>>16980339
I used to be cringy to OP, the fact that you grew out of it just proves you have grown as a person.

just be positive and look forward, fuck the past.
>>
Realize that you are just a human being and life is a chaotic mess
>>
>>16980339
You can pretend it never happened, as long as you've learned not to do it again -- this part is essential -- that's how MLP fans, chris chan, and the like are created.
>>
I had the same but i've literally improved so much that i can laugh at my past because I'm proud of how far I've come.

The past, however awful it may have been, contributed to who you are today.

For example, I never did sports as a child, I was totally out of shape and I felt shameful at my lack of athletic ability. But in late highschool I joined a cheer team and gave it my all and spent so much time and dedication that I learned and improved super quickly, and a few years later I went from having never played a sport to being the captain of three teams.

The same goes for my social life- I was a shut in and had serious social anxiety, but I kept pushing myself and trying my best and sticking to my values of honesty and kindness, and people appreciated that. I was a good friend, and as a result people really appreciated having me around and included me in things. The more practice I got, the better I became. Now I'm the social chair in my sorority.

The last area that I really improved in was academically. I was dosorganized and didn't have a lot of my stuff together, so I'd lose assignments or forget about turning them in. I resolved to try my hardest in highschool and got admitted to the honor's college of a top 5 university with a scholarship.

basically, if I hadn't failed so miserably at the beginning, I would have never had the resolve and dedication that I do now.
Those failures are extremely valuable to me, and I am proud of them.

Op, keep trying your best until the old version of you is laughable in a good way. If you used to be cringy, become so socially charming that your friends find it FUNNY to imagine you as someone who was once awkward.
You've got this! You can do it!
>>
Follow after Christ, ask for forgiveness and forgive others. Don't worry about tomorrow. Don't think about the past after you've handed it over to God. God's will be done.
>>
>>16980963
Man, you sound like the American Dream in the 21at century. Gratz!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.