[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Crowdfunding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: mksjxpxfciavuwdjzcod.jpg (25 KB, 330x220) Image search: [Google]
mksjxpxfciavuwdjzcod.jpg
25 KB, 330x220
Hi everyone, my friends and i are filming our first professional short film, to raise what we need for it to be possible we started an Indiegogo campaign but so far it hasnt been the best. ¿Do you guys know how to make a crowdfunding as succesful as posible? This film means a lot to us. Thanks
>>
step 1: be famous, or work on something with a rabid fanbase

step 2: start a crowdfunding campaign
>>
>>16979694

prove your potential. if your proof of concept or plea video doesn't show any potential, why would anyone donate?

you can create great and amazing things with the shittiest of equipment these days.

put together a 5 minute proof of concept and see what happens. but no one wnats to throw money at a random person whos going to squande that sucking.
>>
>>16979694
Firstly, crowdfunding is not a very good exposure tool. What I mean by that, you should not use crowd funding if you do not already have people following/interested in your project. You get peoples' eyes on you, THEN you say "you should support us", not both at the same time. This is essentially where 90% of campaigns fail.

You should have been talking to press, utilising social media and following an entire communications strategy for the AT LEAST 3 months period in the lead up to the campaign.

So in short, you are fucked. The only way you might pull it back is if you sit down and write a clever pitch as a press release ("Indie Film Breaks Barriers by Being Super Weird in Lots of Ways!!!) and getting it posted on as many film/indie sites as possible.

Lastly I would say that entering into any indie scene is very difficult if you are expecting the world to just shit money onto your chest. Indie projects are typically labors of love, and only really people with an existing following can expect to be funded externally. You might get lucky, but it is very rare.
>>
>>16980131

this. my channel has a big fanbase, about 100 thousand views per month on videos that have been there for years.

and we still only for 2k out of 10k we needed for the next project.

100 thousand people watch us a month and we sitll only got 2k bucks
>>
>>16980143
what's your project?
>>
>>16980152

theres no reason for me to say.
>>
>>16980158
except to get more exposure retard
>>
>>16980166

wow you're right. if i post a link to my show that has over 100 thousand views a month, all 4 posters in this thread might watch it. subtract me, and thats 3 whole new views.

one step closer amirite?
>>
>>16980178
Roundtable Podcast is trash either way
>>
>>16980220

whatever that means.
>>
>>16980234
You heard me
>>
>>16980238

i literally have no idea what you are talking about but yes, i read what you typed.
>>
>>16980242
Mathas, stop shitposting
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.