[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have utterly failed at college and developing a normal life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: o-LIFE-AFTER-DEATH-facebook.jpg (195 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-LIFE-AFTER-DEATH-facebook.jpg
195 KB, 2000x1000
I have utterly failed at college and developing a normal life. If I go on like this, I will kill myself.

Where can I go to start over?
I welcome suggestions such as the military, a monastery or some organisations. The more specific, the better.
>>
That's a huge range, OP. You'll learn a lot by asking this as a series of questions on Google.

>going into military
Research different branches. Read blogs. Ask questions.

>going into monastic life
This is one I considered myself. But the choices are limited. You need to have faith in a diety. You need to know what you want, what to expect, and what you would be sacrificing.

See what I mean? That's just two of the options.

Peace Corp
Missions
Orphanages

Serve others locally and start to see what floats your boat.
>>
>>16976617
Having no real friends nor success in college or work for the past 2,5 years has worn down my psyche to this point where I am at now.
Today has been one of those days. I spent all night wrestling with suicidal thoughts and plans, called in sick at work after not even an hour of sleep and now I'm roaming the internet to find the answer that will save me.

I can see myself and how pathetic I am acting. I am totally convinced that I need professional help. At this point, I even look crazy.

WHAT THE FUCK CAN I DO
THIS IS GOING DOWNWARDS SO FAST
HELP PLEASE

I can see myself and how pathetic I am acting. I am totally convinced that I need professional help. At this point, I even look crazy.

WHAT THE FUCK CAN I DO
THIS IS GOING DOWNWARDS SO FAST
HELP PLEASE
>>
>>16976657
Hahaha you sound just like me man

Can't give you mich advise though, I've failed my fair share of stuff and everytime things look good they find a way to turn around

But thats the thing, you can think about going to the extremes (but you wont)
You can think about suicide (but you wont do it, everyone has someone they care to much about)

My only advise based on experience is to just ride it out and not care to much, things'll be good sometimes and sometimes bad
>>
>>16976647
>This is one I considered myself.
I believe that there's truth to be found in the bible and I believe in a god as portrayed by Christianity.

>>16976694
>you sound just like me man
So what do you do now? Have you found your place, your home, your thing, your contentment?
>>
Why don't you just change your life around? Like do the things that you wouldn't normally do. Fuck playing safe man. Just start a new life. Get a new job, go to a new college / start in a new field, if you never drank, start drinking, if you smoke, stop smoking. See what I mean? Just do the opposite of what you're doing now because obviously whatever you're doing now is not working too well.
>>
>>16976716
What area are you in? I've known of places in New Mexico and Texas where you can go to a monastery for a weekend/week. It's a way to contemplate, weigh life in a peaceful environment. It's always good to get away and consider what you want.
>>
>>16976647
>This is one I considered myself.
What has come of it?
>Peace Corp
I would need a Bachelor's degree which I don't have.
>>
>>16976725
I'm not from the US.
I live in Germany.
>>
>>16976716
>>16976730
Guy from earlier here, seems we're even neighbours as I'm dutch myself

Anywho to answer your question you never really get out of it, sometimes you go to sleep thinking you have it horrible while the next you might be going to sleep thinking you got it pretty good

Also the monostrary thing is mostly shortterm in europe so I always figured it wouldn't help, staying for a year in a thai one always interested me

But once again best thing to do is not let it get at you to much, just enjoy what you do have
>>
>>16976730
Also I have found my own appartment and job theae days, don't change shit to the way the mind wanders though
>>
>>16976726
I decided that I could pursue a life of service in other ways. My parents were very against it. I teach and got married.
>>
>>16976617
hey OP why have you failed at life?

people are giving you tips but we don't even know your situation
>>
>>16976772
>>16976772
I'm 22 and I have no more close friends other than my flatmate.
I will drop out of university after 2 semesters of struggling there.
I want to drop out of college but I have no clue what to do next.
I have no higher education than German high school (finished at 19) and only few experiences in internships & voluntary services.

>>16976738
>>16976737
I will consider going to a psychiatry. Maybe professionals can help me.
>>
>>16976737
>sometimes you go to sleep thinking you have it horrible while the next you might be going to sleep thinking you got it pretty good
To be honest, I just feel worse every day.
>>
>>16976799
It isn't awful to realise uni isn't for you. It could be not for you just now or not something you ever want. You're young. Failure at one thing simply means you move on to something else. Or you decide it is what you want and you grow up by making it work choice much too young to be a failure.
>>
>>16976805
>>16976799
well I've been in the worse everyday spot to but honestly you just gotta do what feels right to you man

psychiatry might help if you just see a psych, they won't house you permanently with these conditions but for some people it might help

I don't have any education higher then dutch high school either but I'm making due so far, anywho maybe you'd like to talk over skype or something maybe I'd be a better help that way
>>
What is a normal life? There's no such thing. If college wasn't for you find a trade which u enjoy, something less stressful. Keep at it you'll find your niche eventually. Fuck everyone else, live your life on your terms. Remember your owed nothing, everything you want in life has to be earned
>>
>>16976617
Take a deep breath.

The fact is that you are not as much of a total failure as you think you are.

You made it through adolescence, which is an accomplishment in itself. You didn't succeed in college, which does not necessarily mean that you're not good enough. It could have been the wrong school or the wrong major or just the wrong time in your life. (Some people who fail college the first time go back 5 or 10 years later and succeed.)

You got and held a job. That's more than a lot of /adv/ posters manage. You can function around others. You can express your unhappiness coherently.

What it seems to come down to is that your social life sucks and that has gotten you down.

Quick suggestion (because this reply is getting too long): forget friends or lovers for a while. Look for interesting or fun activities. Join clubs, join a gym, go to concerts, hang out at a coffee shop. You'll meet others doing the same thing, and already have something in common. Chat. Friends happen while you're doing something else.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.