[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tried of being just an observer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
I feel like such shit /adv/. I feel like I am doomed to only ever be an observer. I look at my friends on facebook and snap chat and their lives seem so exciting.

I have one dude on snap chat who gets to go to so many parties and be the life of the crowd. Girls like twerk on his snap chat and blow him kisses and shit. It looks like they have a lot of fun. They are funny and I guess a blast to be around.

What am I doing? I sit here just watching all this shit with envy and knowing that I could never do that. not at this point.

I am fucking 26 and it feels like I am trapped in a cage. Never had a girlfriend. Never really partied. No clubbing. The problem is I am not even sure if I want to do any of those things. I realize how shit it can all be after the party is over but god damn.. I am lonely, bored and sick of just watching.

What the fuck can even be done? The people on snap chat are in their fucking early twenties. I am late 20's so I would look out of place hanging out with them.

Help me. Is there any hope? So sick of just WATCHING.
>>
Same age here, similar trouble, but with experience.
search fb events and if something seems interesting, go there, if nervous, take afriend with you.

do that and repeat, find hobbies... can´t help you with relationships, but you will find friends this way...

little hint: most of those snapchat happy people are making it glamorous even though they feel like shit most of the time too.... it´s mostly just fake...
>>
>>16970373

but the snap chats look so fucking HYPE.

I wish I had more hobbies. I feel like shit because my hobbies are shit. I am really envious of a friend who is like a wood carver. He makes excellent carvings. I wish I could do something like him but I don't have the capital(it seems like any hobby worth doing.. you always need a workshop or garage to fucking do it. I live in a studio apartment so none of that would be happening).
>>
Go travel. For real. Go travel to a different country. especially over New Years.

I'm a lot like you. I'm a quiet guy, no clubbing or anything crazy. never go to parties. Last winter I went to Europe on a personal vacation. Man it was Nice. Just go get away and explore something interesting and exciting. Also, I was in Venice for New Years and stayed in a Hostel. Great experience. I'm not good at approaching strangers and starting a convo. But in the Hostel it was easy because everyone there was open and interesting. You could comfortably just talk with people. So I hug out with a cute Canadian girl and these 2 cool dudes from Brazil and Germany and we explored all over Venice. Then we went to the NYE celebration, saw the fireworks and then got drunk as fuck at the hostel (the Hostel had a huge party for its guests) and it was so fun!
>>
Their lives only seem exciting. The worth of their lives is dependent on others. You can fill your own void.

Go the other route. Slow things down for yourself. Learn an applicable skill or two. Live life in the real world. It will be much more fulfilling, and you won't be left wondering, "What will they think of my new Facebook profile picture?"
>>
>>16970400

I am not even that big of a social media ingester. The problem is the little social media I do consume.. it makes me really envious. I just feel like I am not doing enough. I am 26 and it feels like I am already.. I hate to say this but.. dead? It feels like I missed the chance to live and now all that is left is to just work and wait in my room until I expire.
>>
>>16970383
Have you tried asking him to teach you? I'm sure he'd love some company in his shop.
>>
>>16970383
Painting - for as cheap as 50 USD (estimating, European here and we have higher prices) you can get decent supplies to start + youtube tutorials on basics

Sculpting - the same, but you´d better go into polymer or clay to learn

Outdoor excersise can begin without anything and you can buy things as you go

Going out on events sometimes doesn´t cost a thing (seriously)

I could go on, but I hope you get the jist...

Anyway snapping a picture and editing it doesn´t cost anything either (if you have a smartphone).. you can appear that way too...
>>
>>16970408
go tell this to someone who's 50 or 60 years old and let them tell you how big of a fucking retard you sound like. you are TWENTY SIX years old, not sixty two. you probably haven't even had time to really figure out what interests you in life. there's no solution to your problem except one that you create, but stop feeling fucking sorry for yourself. you are so ridiculously young and it sounds incredibly fucking asinine.
>>
>>16970491
>26
>Young
Friend his life is about half way over. Most people start dying around 40. If you live to see your senior years you're lucky.
>>
>>16970440

none of those things seem even remotely interesting
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.