[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you fags take a job that's 30-50% travel if you'll
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: SHOWTIME.jpg (19 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
SHOWTIME.jpg
19 KB, 300x225
would you fags take a job that's 30-50% travel if you'll make ~$200k ($150k minimum) in ten years?
>>
>>16966302
Not only would I take it, I'd kill you and take it
>>
File: 1458347935402.png (1 MB, 970x1510) Image search: [Google]
1458347935402.png
1 MB, 970x1510
Suppose I'll accept it then.
>>
>>16966302
$150K ten years from now sounds OK. Not a shitload of money, but a very healthy salary (I'm pretty old, so I don't really remember how long it takes to get to six figures, but my first thought was that ten years seemed like along time to wait for $150K).

As for the travel, if I were young and single, I would certainly do it. I had a job for several years that required about 25% international travel, and I enjoyed aspects of it quite a lot, even though it's exhausting and traveling for work isn't anything like traveling for fun--eventually it came to be too much, especially once I had kids.
>>
What do you make in the meantime?
>>
yolo
>>
>>16966302
Hell at my current office job I can make at least 400k take home in ten years just sitting on my ass and occasionally doing actual work. If you meant 150k/year, then fuck yes take it.
>>
fuck no.
150k in 10 years is like 15k a year which is absolute shit quality.
You can make a lot more money doing nearly anything.

Do you LIKE travel? Is that why you're willing to compromise on the bad salary? There are plenty of other jobs that have a lot of travel and pay better.
Shit, even being like a traveling photographer or a photojournalist is better than that
>>
I'd take any job that required me to travel. My biggest worry is that if I get a quality career, I won't be able to often, and it's my favorite thing to do by far.
>>
>>16966762
I think he means like you'd be making 150-200k every year after 10 years but I'm not sure.
>>
>>16966736
>...at my current office job I can make at least 400k take home in ten years just sitting on my ass and occasionally doing actual work
Story of my life
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.