[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to understand humans. I had a chance in Japan to participate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3
File: cc-library010011007.jpg (356 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
cc-library010011007.jpg
356 KB, 1024x640
I want to understand humans.

I had a chance in Japan to participate with some foreigners (many of them exchange students) to help some 'all-girls' high school students with English assignments.

In Japanese high schools, students aren't allowed to wear makeup, that being said, there are makeup-less beauties in beautiful uniforms everywhere.

You and I know that it's not hard to tell when a guy likes a girl. Many of these girls are 15-17.
I am confused because people preach about how savage and disgusting it is to be attracted to anyone below 17, barely even 18 these days. They say it's gross, it's against the rules and whatever their reasoning may be. But when arrogant foreigners are introduced to beautiful high-schoolers, they contradict their claim-to-be beliefs.

>Are people saying ‘it’s wrong to like be attracted to someone under 17’ just to sound like a good person?
>From my experiences, people say that, but can’t follow up on it at all, especially when they have a safe(r) opportunity.

>Thoughts?
>>
>Are people saying ‘it’s wrong to like be attracted to someone under 17’ just to sound like a good person?

No they say it because it fucking wrong , there are plenty of beautiful girls above the age of 18 why would you want to go to children for that sort of thing , attraction to 16 and 17 year olds is somewhat understandable these days because of how the dress and present themselves they don't look that young but either way it's just a no go zone
>>
>>16987165
Depends on who's saying it. Most people agree with it because it's simply society's standard of behavior. Note the variation by country in whether the age is 17 or 18 (or something very different).

I personally think it's wrong because high-schoolers generally are not emotionally mature enough to participate in sex or relationships, and can easily be seriously hurt. Those of us that are older have the responsibility to try to protect them from trauma until they're ready to engage romantically in safe and mutually beneficial ways. I'd say my absolute limit would be around 20 or so.

Of course, not everyone thinks this way. After all, in many places the average age at which people lose their virginity is around 17, which implies that for every person that loses it at 19, one person first had sex at 15. On top of that, in many places boys under the legal age are expected and pressured to be sexually active, hence the constant posts on here by people saying "i'm 19 and haven't lost my virginity yet, i'm a worthless neckbeard and going to die alone aren't i".
>>
>>16987165
there's no denying that there are some really beautiful looking kids and teens. a lot of supermodels are around 16 years old. it's natural to feel attracted to them, but it would be wrong to act on it.

they aren't mentally stable or mature enough to handle a relationship with someone who has more life experience.

hell, at this age, they'll fall for the "nigerian prince scheme" under the right circumstances. this puts them in a vulnerable position to be manipulated. and when they are this young and impressionable, how you will treat them will shape and affect their mentality for life. you can easily make them a sex slave at that age and fuck them up for life. this is why people think pedophiles are disgusting, because they literally fetishize kids and get off on the fact that they're so naive and easy to manipulate.

if someone is an adult and don't understand this yet, and still chooses to act on their sexual desires on kids, they're probably weak in character, morals, and empathy and should therefore be treated as the subhuman that they are.
>>
The motivations are complex, just as complex as peoples inner thoughts and feelings. Some will want to cover up their real feelings, some will feel put off by it, some are submissive to any authority etc. There are a lot of people with a lot of different mindsets.
>>
>>16987299
>weak in character, morals, and empathy and should therefore be treated as the subhuman that they are
funny to hear this on /adv/, i fully agree but a lot of the advice people give here sounds to me like "you're not sociopathic enough, you need to be forget the morals you were taught, develop severe character flaws, and bury your empathetic instincts if you ever want to get a girlfriend".
>>
>>16987299
It's like people magically become adults once they hit 18, because the law says so.

>>16987311
A lot of the advice here is just "kill yourself" but the point is to separate the good advice from the bad.
>>
>>16987311
your first mistake would be to assume everyone on /adv/ is one body of the same opinions. there's definitely a kind of culture and way of language around here, but everyone has different advice to offer.

>>16987316
everyone develops differently, obviously. but by majority, it's assumed that by 18 they have enough experience to know how to make decisions that wouldn't fuck them up for life.
>>
you're a pedophile.
>>
>>16987165 (OP)

Most of the time yes, they say it to be okay with todays sick society, its a fact that if you don't agree with the majority of the people today, you will be burn alive by then, therefore, they have no choice but to agree with a statement in public, the majority of society is just mid-age people that have those rules with themselves, and so the younger part (18~25) will have to agree with it, even if they aren't confortable with the "society rules", and those who disagree are called sociopaths... this is how disgusting it can be.
>>
You're clearly of some reasonably adult age, so you must have figured out (or at least suspected) by now that what people say and what people practice is not always identical.

Having said that, being attracted to young girls - especially ones who have physical characteristics nearing those of grown women - is fine. There's nothing inherently bad about attraction, I'll bet women are attracted to younger boys who tick the right boxes but are less willing to admit that.

The problem with acting on that impulse is that children (and they are children) between 16-17, or even up to 18-19, simply lack things necessary to make informed romantic and sexual choices, including but not limited to:
>comprehension of the risks (preg, STIs, etc.) involved with sex
>experience with adult social interactions and subtleties
>self-awareness of their own wants and needs

This inexperience makes them extremely vulnerable to manipulation by frankly much smarter and more experienced adults. That's why relationships between adults and kids are a huge no-no: it's not just that the kids are "too young, ew", it's that even if you're trying your hardest to make the relationship fair, they're always going to defer to you as an adult figure, and that isn't a healthy relationship.
>>
The age of consent in America is not the same age of consent in Japan
>>
>>16987165
Have you ever tried to have an actual conversation with a 17 year old? It is one hell of a mindfuck, let me tell you. It's like they can barely string one comprehensive sentence together
>>
>>16987630
Woah... really? Did you figure it out all by yourself?
>>
I have the same problem. I'm 19year old woman and 2years ago I met a boy through the Internet. He's 13.We talked a lot like funny things happened in our life or on the Internet nothing sexual. And his mom knows who I am He is my friend. And recently I kinda feel I am having a crush on him. I can't help thinking about him all the time, keep checking my phone if he sends me messages. I am confused and don't know How to deal with this.But there's one thing I can be sure is he will never know this and we will still be friends (i guess )until he gets bored of me.
>>
>>16987316
>It's like people magically become adults once they hit 18, because the law says so.
no, but most people are ready to take on a new level of independence at or around 18, and they do learn a lot and have more freedom to start figuring their life out at that age. so I wouldn't say that someone who just turned 18 is more mature than someone who is 17. but someone who is 19 generally is, and it's partially because they got those extra freedoms and responsibilities at 18.
>>
>>16987630
No, but if you're an American citizen and travelling in Japan, or any other country, age of consent is 18 or higher.

>>16987236
>attraction to 16 and 17 year olds is somewhat understandable these days because of how the dress and present themselves
You say this as if attraction to 16 and 17 year olds hasn't been viewed as normal throughout most of history.
>>
>>16987165

>They say it's gross, it's against the rules and whatever their reasoning may be. But when arrogant foreigners are introduced to beautiful high-schoolers, they contradict their claim-to-be beliefs.

You sound like a fucking NAMBLA pamphlet.

Lets get one thing straight from the get-go. Having sex with children is wrong. Human beings 17 and below are children.

"Society" saying having sex with children is wrong is not an isolated piece of moral code. We as adults have a responsibility to teach children the difference between right and wrong.

The reason its wrong is because children make shitty decisions that sometimes can effect them for the rest of their lives. Its easy to convince them of things. Its easy for them to think they're "in love".

Taking advantage of a child's naivety just in order to satisfy your sexual urges is called being a predator. While predatory characteristics are sometimes coveted in our society using it to prey on innocent or weak people is flat wrong, no matter what undermining logic you try to use by calling it "society's standards".

So in conclusion. Taking advantage of a child's naivety just so you can get your rocks off is fucked and you're fucked in the head if you think for even a second that you can find some way to justify it.
>>
Other people aren't of one ambiguous mind, dumbass
>>
>>16987165
>hey say it's gross, it's against the rules and whatever their reasoning may be. But when arrogant foreigners are introduced to beautiful high-schoolers, they contradict their claim-to-be beliefs.
You're painting with a broad brush.
>CORRECTION
Pussy whipped men allow their insecure and jealous women to squash their natural primal instincts because MUUUUHHH feminism.

THAT is what's happening. Women get insecure and jealous and come up with bullshit to justify their feelings, i.e.:
>They're "children"
>They don't know what they're doing
>Your male attraction is disgusting
Blady blady fucking blah.

It's MEN'S fault. MEN. of course women are going to be jealous bitches. Welcome to women. Their biological priorities dictate extremely selfish and self serving behavior.

But it is MEN caving to female FEELINGS that causes this issue.

200 years ago, 9 year olds were determined to enlist and fight in the civil war.
>John Clem was born on august 13, 1851. At the outbreak of the Civil War (April 12, 1861) he was only nine years old. Less than a month after the start of the war, he attempted to enlist in the union army. He was rejected because of his age, and the fact that he was small for his age, looking more like a six or seven year old. He was turned down by both Ohio and Michigan regiments.
>John was not discouraged by this rejection, and decided to march with the army anyway. Officers soon took note of his determination, and adopted him as an unofficial drummer boy. The officers chipped in to pay him the regular soldier’s wage of about thirteen dollars a month.
>In 1862 at the Battle of Pittsburg Landing John’s drum was hit by an artillery shell, and the press soon dubbed him "Johnny Shiloh". He was finally allowed to officially enlist in 1863.

Throughout human history, "CHILDREN" have:
>fought wars
>fucked each other and made babies
>helped build modern society.
But SOMEHOW, MAGICALLY, today they:
>Don't know what's good for them.
Bullshit.
>>
I'm 28. I had sex with a 17 year old about half a year back, who was just down for sex. I don't feel bad about it in the slightest. I was having sex at the age of 14/15. It's legal. I enjoyed her company, enjoyed the sex, so did she, I enjoyed talking to her. Yes, she's not completely mature, but she was more energy driven, which honestly rubbed off on me.

The issue is you treat people that age as if they are children. They really aren't. People that age are capable of thinking for themselves, making their own decisions about things. They have their own sense of personality, likes and dislikes. Aye, I'm more mature now than when I was 16. But people never really stop changing. I've changed a lot since my mid 20s, and will probably change in another 5-10 years. Some things don't change and haven't changed since I was 16, such as my passion for guitar/gaming/music.

So no, I don't think there's anything wrong with being attracted to a 17 year old. Girls that age have developed physically, and they have their own identity.
>>
>>16988693
>>16987165
And this issue is near and dear to my heart because I was licking girls' vaginas at the ripe old age of FOUR. I knew exactly what I was fucking doing. Those girls knew exactly what they were letting me do.

My whole life I've had asshats like these idiots trying to tell me I'm somehow "wrong" and "don't know what's 'best' for me":
>high-schoolers generally are not emotionally mature enough to participate in sex or relationships
>they aren't mentally stable or mature enough to handle a relationship with someone who has more life experience.
>children (and they are children) between 16-17, or even up to 18-19, simply lack things necessary to make informed romantic and sexual choices
WOOOOOW so a bunch of low IQ nerd boys on advice know what I can and can't do. HM. Interesting.

Believe me, society is the best form of hypocrisy. The same prosecutors vigorously prosecuting people for prostitution... suddenly are using prostitutes. The same politicians talking about "pedophiles" are then tweeting their dicks all over the place to "children."

People are such utter shit in the United States when it comes to sexuality and "children."

I knew EXACTLY what I was doing when I was licking those girl's vaginas... and they ASKED ME to do it.

So yeah, irrational, illogical, pussy whipped bitch boys will tell you all day about "Children" when in fact, they're only pointing out their own inability to logic and reason and see reality.

it's sad to me. especially since I constantly had to fend them off my whole trying to modify my behavior when they had no fucking right. No right.
>>
>>16988659
this guys an idiot and you should ignore him
>>
Not having sex with 16 year olds because you are scared of judgement is weakness, desu. If it's legal, go for it. People have been doing it for all of human history up until 30 years ago in certain rich white people countries. THe only reason the "youre supposed to be the same age" thing exists is because of our school system, we are surrounded by people of the same age until we're 22. Men and women go through mental and sexual maturation at different times, 17 year old girls are naturally attracted to a man in his mid to early twenties more than 17 year old boys. It's not manipulation just because shes young, just don't fucking manipulate her..
And some in this threadare talking about its wrong because you are in a dominant position because you are the "adult"... lol that's called a normal, healthy, mutually beneficial male-female relationship. Where the fuck do you think the "daddy" thing comes from?
>>
>>16988693
>THAT is what's happening. Women get insecure and jealous and come up with bullshit to justify their feelings, i.e.:
this. a study that hooked men up to sensors to measure signs of arousal has shown that the most attractive age for females is 17, and most men showed signs of arousal for girls as young as 12 (but I'm not advocating going that far).

The reason this whole thing exists is because women intuitively understand their whole life after 18 is a long downward slide in terms of attractiveness, so in our female-centric society we have norms that tell you youre supposed to like older women
>>
>>16987892
that kinda weird but don't let society control you bby girl. just be careful not to go to jail.
>>
Honestly, I wouldn't fuck anyone under the age of twenty. Teenagers are terrible. They're usually severely lacking in maturity, even the ones that are "mature for their age."

Not even going to get into the morality bit, teenagers being obnoxious is enough for me to never want to touch one.
>>
>>16987165

people like to tell others what to do but not listen to their own advice.

Advice is a gift always given but rarely recieved.
>>
>Pedo trying to justify his pedoness
>Actually thinking a 15-17 year old is mentally capable of consenting to sex to a greasy old man
>>
>>16988860
what happens at 18 that they are suddenly capable of "consenting".
>>
>>16987165
Anyone at the age of 13 and above has hit puberty, therefore humans have evolved to be sexually attracted to thoes who are young, healthy, fit, primed for healthy babys. Rather than old, unhealthy less fertile woman.

The idea of 18+ is a new concept in human western society and varies country to country. France has its age about 15 years old. Laws are not always reasonable or right.

So yes its natural to feel sexual attracted to young females becuase thats how humans evolved.

Ignore the femanons here, they just want you to be disgusted in what comes natural for all men.

Woman want older strong men
Men want younger softer woman

If it was any different than the system would not work.
>>
>>16988876

That's just the law of land. I'm gonna have to side with this guy >>16988830. Teenagers are incredibly immature and anyone looking to date them most of the time isn't doing so because of what great persons they are, but to get off to their younger girl fetish. That, and the fact that at that age they're still easily influenced and manipulated. They may think being with an older guy makes them mature but I know too many girls who dated men 10-15 years older than them. From my own anecdotal experience, my ex-gf dated a guy who was in his mid-30's when she was 15/16 and she was an emotional train wreck with daunting trust issues. They're not called "daddy issues" for no reason.

A line has to be drawn somewhere and it got drawn at 18. You can make all the logical arguments about how you know girls who are "mature for their age" but that's pure bullshit.
>>
>>16988860
Liking 17 year olds is not the same as wanting them to have sex with you, I think it is ok to feel attracted to them.
>>
>>16988894

>This pedo apologetics

You do know that some girls hit puberty, (start getting their periods) as early as 8 years old right? Do you want to be able to sleep with those girls too?
>>
>>16988910
Personally no, but you should recognize plenty of people have done it in many cultures, and it was viewed as a perfectly normal thing.
>>
>>16988876
You have to draw the line somewhere. That you can't make a perfect distinction doesn't mean there shouldn't be legal protection.

Age of consent doesn't mean "up until this age they're mindless babies". It's just a means of protection. Shit happens to you as an adult but that's on you, you had roughly two decades of being a dumb fuck while being protected by your parents and the law. After that you're mostly on your own.
A teenage girl has a brain that is not fully developed and makes accounting for long term consequences hard - hence the batshit stupid risks teens take. She is being flooded with hormones and in a phase where your self image is quite vulnerable and you are very susceptible to the idea of being cool and mature. Also quite susceptible to peer pressure.
These are all factors that one cannot personally help, but make it more difficult to make an informed decision. It can also be difficult to perceive what could be wrong with a relationship with someone older if you've never experienced it. Just to name something: someone does not have to treat you wrong or push you into things you don't want in order to strain your personal development. Experiencing a pressure to match the level of maturity of someone much older than you can make you look back on that time in life and conclude that you did not fully get to be a dumb kid. Or that you were trying so hard to fit into a different lifestyle that there was little time left to think about what you wanted and who you wanted to be.

And because of this there's age of consent, which gives the younger and weaker party in the (sexual) relationship something to defend themselves with and make things more equal if necessary. Being attracted to anyone or anything is legal, it's about how you act on it.
>>
>>16988910
It makes sense to round up to 13 because by then the mass majority of females and males heve undouptly hit puberty.

So its not wrong to be attracted to them
Im 18 in HS, these 14 year olds dont look like fucking 14 year oulds.
>>
>>16988925
Times have changed, people live longer and remain childlike for much longer. There were times in history where a thirteen year old woman was deemed fit to have kids and run a household. It's hypocritical and weird to say that those things are now unthinkable and we all accept that someone of that age is too young to take on those tasks, but when it comes to sex we must suddenly forget about our current culture and pace of development and instead focus on hunter gatherers for our cues.
>>
>>16988910
It makes sense to round up to 13 because by then the mass majority of females and males heve undouptly hit puberty.

So its not wrong to be attracted to them
Im 18 in HS, these 14 year olds dont look like fucking 14 year olds.
>>
Old man here. Anyone 25 or younger is likely still a shithead kid
>>
>>16988935
yeah the times have changed, women are going through puberty 2-4 years earlier than they used to due to diet and possibly environmental estogenics. so if anything it should be even younger
>>
>>16988953
How does this make sense in your head? Hormones in our food cause them to grow bodies that make them look more mature than they are so we better fuck them like the woman they look like despite being a kid?
>>
>>16988956
this is the fundamental difference between our attitudes, and why youre a fucking cuck. it shouldn't be about how they feel, it should be about how you feel
>>
>>16988962
I'd rather be a cuck than a rapist. Maybe you'll understand if you have a daughter some day and have to live with the knowledge of men like you walking around.
>>
>>16988962
that being said, in reality they don't feel bad about it.
>>
>>16988693
Lol who hurt you?
>>
>>16988947
Yeah, which is why I wonder about everyone insisting that 18 is any more mature than 17 or even 15. Sexual maturity comes from having sex, so are you expecting them to avoid sex until their 20's? 35 year old virgins have the same sexual maturity as a 15 year old. Should I feel bad about having sex with them? Not being sexually mature as a premise for not being ready for sex seems to be a cyclical argument.

And to another point, do any of you think that another "child" is any more qualified to have sex with another "child"? They have as much or less experience as their peers, and are more likely to make mistakes and do stupid hurtful things to each other.

The frame of reference I get from many is that "anyone who wants to justify someone older (25+) having sex with someone younger (15-17) is just a pervert deviant rapey person. But pervert deviants overstep boundaries of their partners at any age group. You cannot assume the only people who will have sex are pervs as this is, from people's own accounts of their lives, not always the case.
>>
>>16989154
(Continued)

I think a better distinction is that young women's bodies are not always prepared for child bearing, and can have severe complications from becoming pregnant. Not to mention severe problems for their lives as a whole. But again, these same problems could come from them having sex with their peers. Another good distinction is that children who have not hit puberty cannot consent because there is no scenario in which they would physically desire sex in the first place.

Moreover, I disagree with the entire premise of sex involving someone being taken advantage of. If one party has been exploited from sexual acts, then a more appropriate description is sexual abuse or assault. Which is inappropriate at any age. The other side of this is an assumption that an adult is always being coercive or deceitful when interacting with a younger person (pubescent or post pubescent) sexually. To repeat my point form earlier, I reject the idea that sexual inexperience = inability to consent.
>>
File: bE65jZH[1].jpg (69 KB, 509x300) Image search: [Google]
bE65jZH[1].jpg
69 KB, 509x300
>>16989154
>>16989158
One last thought is I don't particularly like that girls are always used as an example of this, because people do not view younger men having sex with older women as being exploited (nice). I think this is because of the way society views sex in general. It is a view in which virtuous women have something, and deviant men take it from them. I also think this is an anti-feminist approach to thinking about sex, and undermines women's free agency as a whole. Women are typically cast as an innocent victim of sex, rather than a mutually benefiting partner.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.