[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do YOU Want /adv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: yo1.jpg (52 KB, 540x418) Image search: [Google]
yo1.jpg
52 KB, 540x418
So /adv/, recently I was swerved by a girl and it's got me rethinking all the shit I want in my life.

What do you want in life? And how are you working towards it?
>>
To explore.
I'm working to get a good enough job to have the means to do it.
>>
>>16973426

for the most part i just want to be a TV writer. that goal will likely never happen in a real sense, so ive built my life in a way that lets me work out my creative kinks the same way. mostly with web series. im learning 3d animation (cuz the new motion capture is amazing) and will likely transition into doing 3d animated series instead of live action in the future.

outside of that i just want to be happy. so if something doesnt bring me joy, i get rid of it. ripping a bandaid off is only temporary pain. everything i do i do becuase it gives me joy, or it will give me joy due to the reward.
>>
To love, I don't think I'm capable of it
>>
>>16973437

wanting to love is a silly goal. love is random, its chemistry, and to seek out chemistry is a paradox.
>>
Make mad bank programming and play video games

After that:
1) play piano half decently
2) go to various places
3) marry girlfriend
4) Make a cool program on my A500 Amiga Commodore using M8080 ASM
5) bring back the biff and get my abs back
6) get a cool job making 890-900/day as a CIO or high level manager in a technical/consulting company
7) finish my PhD in either compSci or math and actually advance humanity's understanding of something

So yeah, life goals right there atm.
>>
>>16973445
>seek out chemistry is a paradox
tell that to a chemist
>>
>>16973452
does your name start with an r?
>>
File: 1453135314545.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1453135314545.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>16973455

>the figurative term 'chemistry' in relation to the random way romance works is the same as the literal study of chemistry
>>
File: eb7.jpg (123 KB, 942x943) Image search: [Google]
eb7.jpg
123 KB, 942x943
>>16973458
no humor
>>
>>16973426
To have both a decent job and build a family. My mother told me that women are only able to have either a good job or a family, we can only pick one. So I want to prove her wrong and make a life for myself and others where we'll be content/happy and live well enough.
>>
I would like to leave this world behind and go to some other dimension. I don't see it happening but I can never be truly happy here. I would like to wander in world unknown to everyone. If they will ever need help with some dimensional portals I would sign up in a second
>>
>>16973426
to wake up. How do I even start, I can't remember what is actually happening.
>>
>>16973426
What do I want?
>Top quality pussy
>Lots of money
>To live forever

I want three things that I will never have.
>>
For someone to love me.
>>
>>16973426
>family
>own a fckin house (yeah I know)
>finish my masters degree
>travel some as I didn't yet
>be somewhat successful

I'm working on that by studying. Gonna start the masters program in april and study the fuck out of my university. I do have a gf - sorry bout your situation OP - which I do love, but I'm just waiting how things go with her. Too many girls turn out crazy as fuck. Other than that I'm in a somewhat leading position here where I can gather tons of experience, and I just relax when not studying.
>>
>>16973501
Awww c'mon dude. That's like so baity, I almost bit that bait because it was so obvious.
>>
I want to live the six-figure freelancing lifestyle abroad. I want to never go back to my home country if I can help it. I want to get away from my family that's held me in a dependent state for decades. I want to go wherever I want whenever I feel like it.
>>
self sufficient reasonable level of isolation:
>isolating myself
>maintainting my brain
>learning new skills
>learning to live without what society has brainwashed me into wanting

However every so often i am forced to interact with a QT3.14 and i want to hold,care and friken them with my penis in a loving way, but i must remind myself that i do not get to have relationships and so i keep on trucking.
>>
I want to fix things with my bf and move in with him next month
>>
I want somebody to take a huge life changing decision out of my hands and make it for me.
>>
>>16973426
I just want a girl (more specifically a soul mate) to do all the cool things I am doing with me,
I got laid but never had relationship of any kind, now I am 22 and I got all these interests and no-one to share them with
feel empty honestly.
>>
Get my 02 electrical license. Only a year left.
Get a project camaro, new pistol or rifle, new girlfriend.
I want to learn more "manly" skills when it comes to mechanical or building things.

I'm working towards it by saving money and focusing on my trade, taking the necessary classes for it as well. I'm not too focused on the girlfriend thing, but sometimes I miss having one around.
>>
I want my book series to be finished and sell well and i want my art career to be successful. I want my son to grow up happy and healthy, and to keep having a good marriage.

I've been working my ass off on a project that will hopefully put my books on the map, an animated trailer for them. I've been working really, really hard on it for the past year and a half and am nearing completion.

The animation is boosting along my art career, and I'm looking at tool I can use to improve my workflow, and also investigating alternate mediums to try out, such as sculpture.

As for family life, I'm doing my best while I can but I know that it has been shoved aside for this current project. To maintain the health and happiness of my family I have to not work so hard and let everything be balanced. Once this animation is done I plan to ease up on working in order to find a better balance. My current work habits are not sustainable.

Also trying to remain patient in stressful situations, stay on top of stuff like paperwork, and get better at remembering things so I can become more organized and efficient in all aspects of life.
>>
>get my shit together, finish my Bachelors in Economics & Social Science with a better grade than 2,0
>do a year abroad
>get my Master's degree or maybe a PhD
>apply at BMW, Audi, Mercedes, SaudiAramco, Shell, BP, BCG. Someone's gonna hire me
>buy a small, heated garage somewhere in the US where I can wrench and live in
>buy an M235i
>>
>>16973426
i want a farm in the middle of nowhere and for people to leave me be. i want to tend the fields by day and shitpost/vidya by night, and party with friends occasionally.
>>
>>16973426
motivation to work out and apply for ROTC
>>
I want to live a life that I didn't give myself when I was growing up.

I've been living an incredibly unfulfilled life for the past few years due being in college and having no income other than my internships. Part of that definitely is my fault though -- I could've picked up side jobs so that I could have more disposable income. Internship money always went to tuition and food and other shit. I budgetted my money and food expenses and it should last me until graduation (three more semesters to go).
In addition, my life prior to college wasn't that exciting either. Throughout my childhood, I was not allowed to rollerblade, ice skate, skateboard, or swim because my mother was afraid that I would get hurt, so I don't know how to do any of those. She believes that kids shouldn't get hurt. And whenever I did get hurt (like scrapes and bruises), she would freak out (ie. "i work so hard to give you guys a good life and you kids go and hurt yourselves", "dont you love yourself??", "i dont want you guys to have any bruises", "you dont need to get hurt", "i try so hard to make sure you guys dont get hurt, and you do this? shame on you"). I feel like this kind of fucked me up later on in life, as getting hit by something like a soccer ball really fucks me up for some time (i get shakey, eyes get watery, get jittery). Love her to pieces though. Moms will be moms. I feel like nowadays she regrets how much she freaked out when she was raising me, cause now she wants to see me do stuff like rock climbing and stuff.

After I graduate and find a job I'll move out. Then I'll learn how to ice skate, rollerblade, and swim. It just feels weird to try to learn this stuff while I'm at home. I also want to take boxing lessons or jiu jitsu. On the side I also want to take stand up comedy classes and acting classes. The acting classes are going to be expensive as hell, so I'll definitely need to really think about that one.
>>
What do I fucking know? I feel like there's something missing in my life but I don't know what it is. I guess I want to go back to the city I lived in during childhood for now, but that would probably accomplish nothing.
>>
What I truly want is to explore space, but since I can't volunteer myself to just ship out and stay in space for 20-60 years, I just want to be stable

Though if NASA did make a program like that, ID gladly volunteer and give up all my worldly possessions to do so.
>>
File: lookin for wub.jpg (67 KB, 470x634) Image search: [Google]
lookin for wub.jpg
67 KB, 470x634
>>16973437
>>16973499
>>16973501
>>16973942
>>
I want to recover from depression via electroconvulsive therapy, then get a bachelor's, and then also a doctorate, in neuropsychology; and also to learn to speak fluent French. And also become more widely read in philosophy -- Russel, Kant, etc.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.