[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are Catholics too sensitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Christians be like.jpg (76 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Christians be like.jpg
76 KB, 720x720
So I posted that picture on facebook and my super catholic aunt commented on it....
Aunt: Why the post Anon? Are you agreeing with the sight that Christianity is a myth? I let the other post slide but I'm beginning to wonder if you are doubting the faith you were raised in. I know you don't celebrate 1 special day for the death and resurrection of our Lord but do you still celebrate him at all? :(
Anon: I saying I don't believe that easter is the day Christ rose or that we should celebrate it as such. Same with Christmas and using it to worship the day jesus was born.
The only "religious holiday" that should be celibate as Christians is on the on the first day of the week. We take part of unleavened bread and fruit of the vine to remember Christ's sacrifice: his death, and rising 3 days later. That's what we are commanded to do. Nothing more, nothing less.
Aunt: Christians (at least this Christian) do not "worship" the days of Easter or Christmas or any other Holy day. God alone is worthy of worship. But because I and other Christians choose to commemorate those special times when we as humans can look back and say see here is God's hand makes us worthy of mockery? I love you Anon and know your better than what this appears to be.
Anon: I'm sorry if I offended you, but it was a joke. Easter did start as a pagan holiday.

TL;DR: Aunt got offended by picture and said I wasn't being a true Christian. was she right or just sensitive???
>>
Can't your ask your Rabbi about it, Schlomo?

srsly, who gives a damn
>>
Easter isnt pagan. This bs has been debunked ad nauseam
>>
She's wrong about Christianity, it's a myth:
>Jesus died for three days, resurrected
>walked on water
>born of a virgin
Jesus is Horus the Sun God, who we know to be a myth, representing the sun:
>for three days in winter the sun rises on the same spot, and then continues rotation
I'm not saying there isn't a god, but the Christian religion is definitely a myth.

You can't argue with the ignorant, just ignore her if she comments.
>>
>>16970433
I forgot to mention that Horus was born of a virgin, could walk on water, and died for three days and was resurrected, that's why they're the same.
>>
>>16970399
>just sensitive???
Her faith is weak, and now she's taking it out on you.

Religions tell people what to believe, and when somebody brings logical facts to the table which counter such beliefs, religious people feel threatened.

Don't you worry, OP. Keep on asking questions.
>>
>>16970450
>Don't you worry, OP. Keep on asking questions.

This is why nobody likes Atheists

You are not meant to understand God and nobody likes someone who acts like a rebellious little child and asks the same shit they probably have already heard a million times before which you can just google but you decide to annoy people instead.
>>
>>16970399
Tell her and any other adults who still need an imaginary friend to grow the fuck up.
>>
>>16970399
>>16970399

>Caring about this

OP is clearly underage
>>
I grew up in the bible belt OP. These people revolve their lives around the church so much that they can't conceive of the idea that, if there is a God, he probably doesn't approve of organized religion. They're the sort of people who make snake oil salesmen preachers rich, keep silent when religion is used as an excuse to oppress people, and resent anyone with an iota more education than they possess. If you pointed out to them that their pastor pockets most of their tithes, that what Christ actually said about a person's behavior conflicts sharply with the way that they practice their religion, and that their church was a place used for social networking and to emphasize status they would lose their shit.

That said, edgy atheists are only a step better.
>>
>>16970471
Christians and atheist liberals should get along better. They both hate questioning their beliefs and attack anyone who does it for them.
>>
>>16970544
I never question my beliefs I get fucking annoyed at grown ass motherfuckers acing like children.
>>
>>16970552
>pointing out logical fallacies on a social media playform designed for sharing opinions is acting like immature children

Wew
>>
>>16970569
>Implying I meant online and not in real life.
>>
>>16970581
>implying I can know that when this whole thread is about facebook

That was a nice save, I can let this one slide.
>>
>>16970399

Catholics may say they don't worship those holidays, but they sure as fuck worship Mary.
>>
>>16970399
Anon here.
UPDATE

my Aunt just gave me a catholic website to read about what easter means to her.

and my fem cousin (she is older than me) is now scolding me saying im intolerant.
>>
Easter comes from the Jewish tradition of passover, and until recently it was always called Pascha, demonstrating it's clear Abrahamic roots.

If a family member of mine started posting stupid shit about my religion then I'd say something too, nothing over sensitive about it. If someone else did it I'd probably just remove them from my friends list for being way more fucking stupid than I thought they were.
>>
>>16970433
>>16970441
zeitgeist please go
>>
>>16970525
>if there is a God, he probably doesn't approve of organized religion.
And you know this how?
>They're the sort of people who make snake oil salesmen preachers rich
Catholics supporting televangelists? What?
>keep silent when religion is used as an excuse to oppress people
Because Catholics are very known for oppressing others in modern times, right? Catholic countries are the ones that don't allow minority religions to be practiced and kill atheists.
>and resent anyone with an iota more education than they possess.
At no point was OP's aunt's education level mentioned. For all you know she could be a college professor. This is just strawmanning.
>If you pointed out to them that their pastor pockets most of their tithes
This is demonstrably wrong in Catholic churches
>that what Christ actually said about a person's behavior conflicts sharply with the way that they practice their religion
Not Catholics or Orthodox
>and that their church was a place used for social networking and to emphasize status they would lose their shit
And that's all it's for, right?
>That said, edgy atheists are only a step better.
Says the edgiest, least informed person in this thread
>>
>>16970433
Did you just get done watching Zeitgeist or something? You know like 95% of the religious stuff is fake as shit?
>>
The word "Easter" has pagan origins, and I'd imagine the fucking bunny and eggs do as well, but saying it is a pagan holiday is dense. The context of the holiday is entirely Christian (the death and crucifixion of Christ). Easter, as it is now, has fuck-all to do with Eostre, and I don't think I have to tell you this.
You don't "have" to celebrate an event on its anniversary. Take the 4th of July, for instance. It was many more weeks after the fucking thing had been adopted before everyone could get around to signing it. It's just a nice thing to do, when you're able to do it.

Also, Christianity is very clear about rules pertaining to that which you cannot eat.
>Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Your image isn't meant to just insult Christians, it's blatantly inaccurate and taking liberties with language. It WAS a pagan holiday, now it isn't.

She was being sensitive, but I don't see why you're giving your aunt grief like this. Don't they teach you crazy Christian types to respect your elders?
>>
>>16971467
Anon here.

My aunt saw the picture with my name attached. I didn't go out of my way to show it to here.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.