[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Syphilis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2736x3648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2736x3648
Fuck... I think i might have syphilis. The symptoms atarted showing yesterday. It's a holiday today. What do i do? Do i wait till tomorrow and make an appointment with my doctor or go to the hospital today? I kissed my baby nephew yesterday. What the hell do i even do now? Oh fuck
>>
>>16966211
>has an std
>kissed a baby
You're a girl aren't you? Go to the hospital. Unless it will bankrupt you, then just wait till tomorrow and go to a clinic or doctor or something. You can't spread syphilis from saliva so don't worry about the baby.

And for fuck's sakes, in the future close your legs. Restrict your sex life to protected sex with a monogamous partner whom you trust and is tested for std's. This doesn't come from a moral or religious place but a scientific one. Condoms don't fully protect you from std's, especially not herpes which has no cure. The only safe sex is no sex, or the above.
>>
>>16966224
Oh yeah, I'm an epidemiology student, so while this isn't a professional opinion, I do know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>16966224
Well, i didn't suspect anything yesterday... Ofc i wouldn't have kissed him if i had!
And i have a bf of 6 months. This is going to be very awkward for him since i have always been faithfull...
>>
>>16966211
What are your symptons?
>>
>>16966233
It's 4am atm. I'm going to the hospital in the morning. One more question: how high ia the possibility that me or my bf have already been infected before we started dating and the symptoms are just showing up now?
>>
>>16966253
Also, chill out, OP. Syphilis is a treatable disease, especially in the beggining (the more serious stuff only starts years after the infection). At least in my country, we treat early syphilis with just two injections on the butt.

>>16966259
>how high ia the possibility that me or my bf have already been infected before we started dating and the symptoms are just showing up now?

It depends entirely on what your symptoms are.
>>
>>16966253
It started with tree tiny bumps with clear liquid on my hand. I thought it was strange. I was at a family reunion. (why i kissed that baby goodbye...) i had already planned on checking the rest od my body for similar spots. And when i got undressed i was pretty shocked to find that my whole pubic area was COVERED with those... They don't itch. But they wheren't there when i showered in the morning. And also, my lymph nodes are hurting like hell. I can barely swallow and i can't sleep necause of it. There's still a big chance that it's something else, but thats the one that fits my symptoms the best. I know, selfdiagnosis and shit, but still
>>
>>16966266
Yes, i have read that. But since i had those bumps yesterday and kissed my whole family hello and goodbye, do i have to inform all of them if it really IS syphillis? Gone be awkward as hell.

See below for the syptoms. I know it is jumping to conclusions big time, but i can't help it. I'm just going to get a professional to find out in the morning
>>
>>16966211
No need to go to the hospital mate. You'll only get the really nasy symptoms of syphilis (infertility, blindness, death) if you leave it untreated for a several years - a couple of days isn't going to do you any harm.

Your GP will prescribe you a strong antibiotic (which will make you shit through the eye of a needle for about a week, but it's the lesser of two evils) and you'll be right as rain. They'll want to run tests to see if you've picked up anything else (read: HIV), so they'll take some blood, and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they'll put something that resembles a long cotton bud down your japs eye to collect a bacteria swab. This is exactly as much fun as it sounds, but again, it's better than dying from galloping cockrot.
>>
>>16966211

did you make out with him?
>>
>>16966282
Thanks anon! Sounds like you are talking from experience. What symptoms have you had that made you see a doctor?
>>
Syphilis generally comes as a unique, painless, clean ulceration on your genitals. It doesn't look like that desu. What is the size of these lesions? Do they have pus?

Also, since they don't hurt, I don't think it is herpes, either.
>>
>>16966233
Cool, I'm an epi student too.
But now I'm going to tell everyone that the skill of epi isn't in knowing everything, but in knowing how to find the info you need to know.
>>
>>16966286
No..? But i gave him several pecs and i've read that the liquid inside the spots is HIGHLY infectuous. And i touched the spots to see what the hell they are...
>>
>>16966289
Yes, in the first stage. What i have fits the second stage better. I never had any symptoms that would fit the first stage, but ther's a possibility that it gets overlooked since it heals on it's own.
>>
>>16966289
Oh and they are tiny. The biggest one is about 2 milimeters in diameter. I also have a few on one inner thigh.
>>
>>16966303
Do you have any rashes?
>>
>>16966288
Couple of sores (think they're called shankers or something like that) on my dick, and some swelling under my arms and in my neck. It showed up about 3 weeks after I got laid.
>>
>>16966303
Oh and the second stage would also fit perfectlt with the time i have been with my bf. First stage would start between 5 days and 3 months of getting infected. It lasts about 4 weeks if undiscovered and untreated, so month 4. Then it starts to go over into stage 2, which is various skin rashes and swollen lymph nodes. It's been 5 months since i started sleeping with my bf, so that would be fitting. And yes, we did get tested, but only for hiv since we (atleast as far as i know) honestly don't engage in risky sexual practices and don't have changing sexual partners/unprotected sex
>>
>>16966316
Yes, see
>>16966269
>>16966306
>>
>>16966319
That sucks... Did you have to tell a lot of people?
How did those bumps look like? Do you have to take any precautions now? (besides safer sex ofc...)
>>
File: 1459078973482.jpg (30 KB, 489x700) Image search: [Google]
1459078973482.jpg
30 KB, 489x700
>>16966269
Im a medical student, we cant give you a diagnosis by 4chan but with that symptoms could be herpes zoster, its contagious better go with a doctor if it is hepes there is a threatment, and do not try to burst them because viral content is going to disseminate.
> Im not monogamist but what they told you above its true, it the best way to dont get std and have sexual relationships.
>Use condom
>Do not do oral sex with out condom there is some flavored condoms
If you can upload a clear photo may help to see whats going on because you dont have clinical criteria
>>
File: image.jpg (677 KB, 2446x2112) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
677 KB, 2446x2112
>>16966349
Herpes zoster was my first thought too. But they don't itch and the fact that the main place they showed up is my genital area made me think of an std. This is one of those on my hand
>>
>>16966349
Medical student... herpes zoster... lol....

Herpes zoster is chicken pox you stupid fuck. And shingles doesn't normally present in the genital region. Usually hypochondriac and neck regions are most common to get shingles
>>
>>16966376
Genital herpes is normally caused by hsv2 and occasionally hsv1
>>
>>16966406
Ah, this is getting way too broad. I think i'm just going to show a professinal. But i'm still not sure if it is an overreaction t go to the hospital because of this. But i don't want to wait any longer and i have to go to work again...
>>
>>16966259
>It's 4am atm. I'm going to the hospital in the morning.
you do realize that hospitals are open 24 hours a day right?
>>
>>16966274
im pretty sure you can't transmit syphilis that way
>>
>>16966430
Yes. But it's not an emergency, so why would i pester the emergency staff that's up at 4am, with some non painfull spots? They have better things to do i guess
>>
>>16966439
But the liquid inside the spots is highly contagious. That's why i'm worried. Probably not, but i would not want to risk it...
>>
>>16966449
like what, make sure the drunks that got brought in by ambulance haven't choked on their own vomit?
>>
>>16966459
For example. They don't need a hypochondriac idiot like me too
>>
>>16966466
if you were going to go in the morning you'd still get triaged in the ER, 0700-1000 is prime time for heart attacks over 90% of them happen between those three hours. Might as well just go now since you're so worked up about this you can't sleep.
>>
>>16966478
Nah, i try to get sone skeep now and i would also call the hospital first and probably make an appointment rather than clogg the emergency. Maybe they also tell me to wait till my doc is open again. I'll see
>>
>>16966485
ah maybe things are different in your country then
>>
>>16966494
Might be. Thanks anons, you really helped me call down a bit. Going to catch some sleep now. Oh, and a new symptom has showed up, my stomach is rumbling like crazy.
>>
>>16966534
Eww, looks nasty. I have some slightly bigger and more irregular looking ones in my pubes. At first i thought it might be razor burns, but i only trim them, not shave. Aww shucks, herpes would suck too. What are the chances that my bf is already infected too if it IS herpes? Cause it would really suck if we had to start using condoms from now on...
>>
>>16966565
A janitor erase my content and ban me 20 minutes because the image! Haha it was with educational proposes but haha rules are rules... Be careful with liquid inside them and wash your hand righ after touch this points just use condom everytime, its easy even for kids to get herpes in objects as 'fomites'; but not normal in kids in pubic area obviously. And please take your bf to treathment too to prevent new infection maybe he dont show any points but better check
>>
>>16966398
>>16966398
Look with common but nasty people like you, I do not like to treat but even fools must educate them , read a book or at least an article in scientific journal is free and does not hurt [ http://health.utah.gov/epi /diseases/herpes/factsheet.pdf ] is good, take a look ! ... also there are many different herpes virus as zoster but this is not about you its about who post this theat ... good bye fool
>>
>>16966732
Yes, i already told him that i'm not feeling well and am going to see a doc tomorrow. Will keep him updated and tell him to get checked immediately of anything comes up. I really hope it's just something that can be threated easily...
>>
Update: Called the med phone and the lady there said it sounds like epstein-barr. Having an appointment at the hospital this afternoon.
Reading back i might have been a bit very paranoid. Blaming sleep deprivation
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.