[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I love myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1356818479152.jpg (657 KB, 1920x1440) Image search: [Google]
1356818479152.jpg
657 KB, 1920x1440
I can't understand this at all, in fact, I've never been able to understand how one could love themselves at all.

And yet if I want to like and love and fall in love with anyone, I have to love myself, and I don't know how to do it.

I need help and advice with this since I've never done something like this in my entire life.

Note that I suffer from depression.
>>
I'm not sure how it works for other people, but for me, I love me because I'm greatly loved. My husband, my dog, my bff, my parents, my family.

But that comes with its own pitfalls--like people pleasing.

Start with a dog. The love they give makes the world bloom.
>>
I love me cause I've learned things I like about myself.

It's so easy to focus on the negatives and things you hate about yourself. For example, completing a piece of art I always thinks it looks awful, but I also realize I spent a lot of time working on it. First thing I do is show it to a friend who I know will give me positive feedback.

Obviously you can't do the same thing in every situation but if you are sitting there thinking "I'm so stupid" there could be something to counter that (ex. you're really good at carpentry or something)

I think the more time you spend by yourself, attempting to do something productive, or at least focus on the positive aspects of yourself (which can take a while to find and agree upon) the more the love will come.
>>
Loving yourself is coming to terms with your flaws, and becoming something you are proud of, while living without regrets.
>>
>>16960190
I just flex my muscles and dance in front of the mirror (naked of course). Other than that I lay down in the sun and smile. Smiling a lot makes my feel great. Also think less of you have negative thoughts of yourself and lie to yourself if you want
>>
>>16960190
you need to do something, something you love.
"loving yourself" is a stupid term, it suggests this abstract thought you inject into your head and then boom you love yourself.
but basically if you're dependent on other people for your sense of self-worth then you'll forever be a slave to other people's opinions of yourself, and you won't really be yourself, you'll just be this empty vessel for people to project whatever shit they have onto yourself.

i think a better way to think about it is how to be self-sufficient. start doing things you enjoy on your own, hang out with yourself so to speak, be your own judge ignore the assholes and retards but at the same time listen to the few who you trust are out to help you.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.