[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become less self-absorbed and narcissistic? >inb4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1457325635798.png (141 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1457325635798.png
141 KB, 300x300
How to become less self-absorbed and narcissistic?

>inb4 kill urself
>>
>>16959577
Tough to say.

The only true narcissist I've ever met, i wish would eat a bullet. Every day, i sincerely hope.
>>
First question: are you really narcissistic or a nice person, who is too hard on him/herself?

Narcissistic people don't often admit they are.

If you notice that 95% of time you think about yourself: your hobbies, your plans, your behaviour AND you only see value in people, if they are useful to you AND all close people call you inconsiderate then you are.
IF that's the case:

Introspect why you act like this.
If it's because of not feeling worthy of acception as I felt, find a good friend/family member to confide in, try to fully accept your flaws.
This nauseous "becoming your own best friend" actually isn't stupid.

Plus put more effort in being nice to people, you'll respect what you did and relationship with those people as a side-effect.
Make thoughtful presents, listen carefully, be more cheerful to them, but don't push yourself too hard.

(formerly) narcissistic anon
>>
>>16959624

I'd say I am narcissitic, just because I'm obsessed with self-image, and social media.

No, I don't really use people like that. I acknowledge that people are more than just means to an end, and I detest those that use other purely for their own gains.

I'm already trying with being genuinely helpful, and lend a listening ear to people or hand, but at the same time, I also know I'm very vain with how I present myself.

Still, I'll take your words, and live by them, anon.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.