[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't been drinking for the past six weeks - originally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: graphics-alcohol-630122.jpg (30 KB, 284x400) Image search: [Google]
graphics-alcohol-630122.jpg
30 KB, 284x400
I haven't been drinking for the past six weeks - originally the plan was to do it for 2 full months while I was on a diet, where I set a goal of hitting 165 lbs. I'm at 166, and I was going to try to stretch to 160... but I'm so fucking bored and all of my bosses are gone for the weekend, and I'm out of work early. It's super nice out and everyone is having fun, and I'm just going home to sit around and play videogames unless I go out with my mates.

I've lost most of the weight, the goal is almost done... but I'm an alcoholic and staying off drinking a little longer is good.

But, I'm SO BORED. Should I just say fuck it and go meet up for drinks?
>>
>>16956977

boredom is the worst excuse ever to drink. you should focus on finding ways to enjoy life, so that when you do drink it is only an enhancement, not an escape.

drinking is not an activity or a hobby. thats why they drinking alone is unhealthy (Though imo that actually varies).

if you are bored, try to find something fun to do. my advice? laser tag. instead of spending the evening packing on calories and slowing down your metabolism, go out and do fun fucking cardio with a bud. its really fun.

if you must drink, go for vodka.
>>
>>16956990

I'm not talking about coming home and cracking open a 30 rack like I used to, I'm talking about going to a bar for a drink with my friends, which is what they're all doing.

I don't really have any friends that are doing any cardio on a Friday night. They're all out socializing, which is what I want to do. I could go for a bike ride by myself.

Laser tag isn't an option solo either. It's "go to the bar and have fun," or "go home and keep yourself busy."
>>
>>16957022

>lasertag isnt a solo option either

it is, you just wnat to cheat and give in and drink.

>none of my friends are doing any cardio on a friday night

invite them to. drag a friend along hardcore. they'll find out its fun. all of my friends are within two years of 30 and they love lasertag. they also love booze. the two arent mutually exclusive.

if you wanna give in and drink thats your call, but dont act like we should give you the advice to fatty fatty mc fatter face.
>>
alcoholic here. don't. i used to drink for months at a time. and now 2 of those times were because i took one drink. if you want to stop, don't go. or learn to make the bottle bubble without taking any.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.