[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My girlfriend left me about a month ago because we had a few
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1457206102553.png (260 KB, 640x535) Image search: [Google]
1457206102553.png
260 KB, 640x535
My girlfriend left me about a month ago because we had a few issues. The issues were on her part, she wouldn't put enough effort into the relationship and she admits this. We talked about getting back together and planned to sometime soon until last night when she tells me she's back together with her other ex. I'm heart-broken and don't know how to deal with this. My other problem right now is that she was my life, even after we broke up she was still my life. So now that I know shes gone for good with no chance of having her back to myself I don't know what to do with my life.
>>
Try growing a pair.
>>
>The issues were on her part
Yeah okay
>>
This reasoning might seem a little weird, but please keep reading, I believe it will offer some small consolation.

In a few minutes, this whole thread will be full of different versions of "It gets better, let time heal", but how can they be right? Well...

>she was my life, even after we broke up
I'm sorry, but even if you decided to focus on a special one every day of your life for 20 years, everything you felt, learned and said is still yours and yours alone. Now she's left and it HURTS, so most people's first reaction is to throw away all that experience, because that time has been "wasted", a non-renewable resource spent... but again, this is far from true.

She wasn't your life; but you shared it with her, and now every memory of her feels like fire; but every time you felt joy, love, happiness still remains as yours and yours alone. Treasure those feelings, that's what you've left of her; treasure them as a form of respect towards yourself if nothing else. But those feelings are not a unique result of something special. Options will come, things will change - and they may get either better or worse, but new waters will wash over you nonetheless. Let it cleanse you.

>inb4 I'm a faggot/SJW for not being edgy
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.