[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This board is fucking astounding. Normally if you ask for advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: supreme.jpg (328 KB, 2500x1719) Image search: [Google]
supreme.jpg
328 KB, 2500x1719
This board is fucking astounding.

Normally if you ask for advice anywhere else on 4chan, you will get good advice, but on the board specifically designed for it, the advice is cancer.

You tolerated non-virgin women, you encourage marriage, even when to some slut, you wouldn't discourage a man from dating a single mother.

I almost can't believe my eyes sometimes
>>
Anon, not everyone is a cuck. Just because there are some women who browse /adv/ and have self-esteem issues because of the amount of sexual partners they had which manifest in the form of them defending any/all actions a woman takes doesn't mean everyone agrees with them.

I'm more than willing to assert and defend the fact that once a girl has had a certain amount of sexual partners, I lose all interest.

Most people DO discourage single parents from dating someone who already has kids from a previous marriage. There was a thread about it just a few days ago.

Don't let a couple of dipshit "imma proud indepedent women who don't need no man's judgement!" color your opinion to heavily.

Every board has their shitposters, women fill that role on /adv/.
>>
>>16955901
If you've got all the answers and are so sure anyone who disagrees is wrong, why are you here, OP?
>>
get lost, faggot
>>
>>16955901
>you encourage marriage
Of course.
Marriage is objectively good for men.
Married men live longer, are healthier, make more money, are less prone to depression. They also have more and better sex.
Yes, this is for their peers.
The rate of divorce is about 20-25% and there are a number of ways to mitigate that rate.
In some cases, mainly widows, single mothers are certainly a marriage option.
>>
people on this board are actually kind of worthless
there are boards to ask career, financial, relationship, diy, etc. questions
but the people on this board give shit advice about everything
they just kind of suck at life
>>
>>16955966
I bet you're not even an oldfag you retarded tripfag
>>
>>16955966
>In some cases, mainly widows, single mothers are certainly a marriage option.

I accept that they are certainly better than sluts, but even then why would I cuck myself by marrying a single mother.

This is beyond retarded.
>>
File: nug.gif (706 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
nug.gif
706 KB, 500x208
>>16955977
>>
>>16955984
What I find most amusing about the last few months of obsession with cuckoldry is the vast majority of people that use it don't know what it actually means.
>>
>>16956011

I don't doubt you're the fucking expert
>>
>>16955966
It's not that "Marriage is objectively good for men" so much as "Rich men are more likely to live longer, be healthier, be less prone to depression, and be married."

You've got it completely wrong. Marriage does not CAUSE any of those things. The root cause is the MONEY.
>>
>>16955901

Majority of this board is roasties OP
>>
File: 1430393143480.jpg (23 KB, 305x323) Image search: [Google]
1430393143480.jpg
23 KB, 305x323
>>16955966
>In some cases, mainly widows, single mothers are certainly a marriage option.
>They also have more and better sex.
>>
>>16956014
Hey! It is you again!
It is not that I am an expert. I can just use a dictionary.
>>
>>16956020
you missed this part
>"Yes, this is for their peers."
two men with the same socio-economic background, education, work experience, etc., one married, one not.
Statistically the man who gets married will begin to outperform the unmarried man economically as well as having better health, etc.
>>
>>16956042
And you're citing what to make this claim?
>>
>>16956047
Here is a simple summary of some of the rather large amount of research, with links.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/04/02/dont-be-a-bachelor-why-married-men-work-harder-and-smarter-and-make-more-money/
Hell, Feminists complain that marriage helps men so much more than women it is A Problem
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/insight-therapy/201510/is-marriage-worth-it-women
>>
>>16956033
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/13/marriage-sex_n_1422644.html
>>
>>16956207

Nice 4 year old article.
>>
File: 4555427-0826130199-tumbl.jpg (48 KB, 620x429) Image search: [Google]
4555427-0826130199-tumbl.jpg
48 KB, 620x429
>>16956011
The etymology of cuckoldry is based off the cuckoo bird which tricks other birds into raising it's offspring thinking it's their own. I guess you're right, willingly raising a stranger's child doesn't make you a cuck, it makes you either altruistic to a ludicrous degree or it shows that you admit and embrace your inferiority as a man to whoever sired that child. Why marry a single mother when you could have your own kids? Unless, of course, you're too unattractive to get anyone but desperate single mothers. That's not even beginning to address the emotional and promiscuity issues that single mothers usually have.
>>
>>16956214
>The entirety of the socio-economic impact of marriage changed in 40 months; also, I am ignoring the links from an article from less than a year ago
>>
>>16956234
>one (1) article
>huffington post
>the article itself says the data is unreliable
>"Unfortunately, there isn’t conclusive statistical data comparing the frequency of couples’ sex while they’re dating to the frequency of their sex as a married couple."

But please, keep talking like you understand what it means to "prove" something.
>>
>>16956222
>The etymology of cuckoldry
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=etymological+fallacy

"cuckold:: a man whose wife has sex with someone else : a man whose wife commits adultery"
As mentioned earlier, I am not saying 'marry the first woman you see, no matter what' or 'all single mothers are great!'
I said, very specifically,
>"In some cases, mainly widows, single mothers are certainly a marriage option"\
Stop trying to take a narrowly limited statement and critique it on the broadest terms - it just makes you look foolish.
>>
File: 1448374870285.jpg (39 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1448374870285.jpg
39 KB, 478x373
>>16955901
>>
>>16956249
So, what do you have? Anecdotes? A chorus of 'nuh-uh'?
That is what I dearly love about your sort of person. you are very eager to demand citations from others, more eager to dismiss any evidence out of hand, but have nothing yourself or, *if* you do, it is obviously hastily-grabbed google search chaff.
Did you do any of your own searches?
>no
Did you read any of the mentioned research?
>no
Did you ask for more support from me?
>no
Listen, this is an advice board - believe whatever you like, but either up your trolling or move on
>>
>>16956259
>So, what do you have?

I'm shitting on your cherry-picked (and false) data.

>thinks this is a debate
Your evidence is shit. I'm under no obligations to build my argument when you've falsified yours.

Did you never debate in high school/college or is 4chan your first go?
>>
>>16956265
Yeah, like I said - you must improve your game. You went personal FAR too early.
>>
>>16955901
Yeah, I just want to ask this following question:

Honestly, how did this guy (Elliot) not get laid ?

He went to college, had his own car and place and doesn't look ugly (no homo).
>>
>>16956268

Spoken like a recently defeated.
>>
>>16955966
>make more money

I disagree. No reason.
>>
Marriage is a financial tool used by women to steal money and property from men, it's just that simple.

Anytime i see a married man defending marriage, all I can think of is The Royal Nonesuch.
>>
>>16956252
You didn't address the question. Why date a single mother when you could have a happier relationship with a childless woman?
>>
>>16956274
Did you read his manifesto? I skimmed it and he was seriously fucked in the head. I'm guessing he couldn't control his autism long enough to get a girl in his bed.
>>
>>16956274
He was mentally I'll and completely self-sabotaging. Read his manifesto. There was even a girl who was his friend who was CLEARLY into him, but he never noticed and pushed her away because of his belief that all women are whores and hate him.
>>
>>16955901
A fine example of a superior, sophisticated gentleman. Blonde bimbos should be flocking to you and not low-IQ niggers.
>>
>>16955966
>only 20-25%
>>
>>16955966
>>16956758

>Get married
Risk of divorce: "20-25%"

>Don't get married
Risk of divorce: 0%
>>
>>16955901
the supreme gentleman posts from beyond the grave!
>>
>>16955901
Fucking redpillers. Go back to your masturbatorium, creep; your poison is not welcome here.
>>
>>16956274
>Honestly, how did this guy (Elliot) not get laid ?
>He went to college, had his own car and place and doesn't look ugly (no homo).
Because contrary to what the redpillers desperately tell themselves, being creepy has nothing to do with how attractive or rich you are, or how well you have your life together. You barely even have to skim Rodger's manifesto to get a sense of just how creepy he was.

The redpillers are creepy for all the same reasons Rodger was. The only difference is one of degree, and that difference is not large enough to change the outcome.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.