[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started a thread about this some months ago and got many interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6
File: 131210_1.jpg (143 KB, 685x457) Image search: [Google]
131210_1.jpg
143 KB, 685x457
I started a thread about this some months ago and got many interesting responses, so I'm trying it again.

Have you ever been bullied and/or bullied someone else? Were you ever able to stop the bullying? Are you still affected by it?

Tell me your experiences with bullying /adv/.
>>
>>16950773
Follow my posts for a bully blog
>>
I remember bullying this one kid at school. Must've been maybe 10 at the time? It was weird. It was a private school in England, so we all came from pretty well-off, middle-class families. Save this one kid, whose family were really weird and, to be fair, so was he. But he got bullied by everyone, even the teachers. Like one day the teacher made him sit at the front of the class and gave him some colour pens and told him to just sit on the floor drawing while she continued the class, and that he wasn't allowed to get involved or anything. I dunno what he did, but it was pretty fucked up. She was a cunt though.

So as a kid, it was natural for me to think "There's something wrong with this kid, I'm going to join in the bullying." The only thing I really remember about it is saying/doing something to him and seeing him just get really upset by it. I was with a group of friends at the time, and when they left I was like "Yo shit man I'm sorry". Like just seeing how upset he was made me think "No, fuck this, why am I joining in picking on him just because everyone else is? Sure, he's a fucking weird kid, but that's just jacked."

I remember going to secondary school, and I was like 14 at the time and this new kid joined the school. He got insta-bullied purely because he had curly hair. His surname was Harris, and whenever he turned up for school they'd all start chanting "Hazza" and chase him. That school was even more posh than my first - as in the tuition fees were about £3000/year. Nothing but a bunch of spoilt rich kids. The shit they did was savage, despite it supposedly being a "good school."
>>
I used to bully this kid named Mike in middle school. It was bad enough his parents moved him to different schools. I felt really bad about it later on in life and spent a lot of time and some money trying to find him and apologize.
>>
I got bullied and it made me who I am today, so I'm not particularly sad about it because I like most of who I am.

It also, separately, gave me an ability to literally lose all emotion apart from a desire to hurt. I'm not pleased with it and I don't like it, but it's very useful and very reassuring.

Pros and cons, ya know. In general I wouldn't advise being bullied though, it's a bit shitty and in even slightly different circumstances my life could've been much worse.

Advice to those who are young and being bullied at school: hurt the bully. Ignore his henchmen, ignore his superior size and strength, ignore your own pain. Wait for a provocation, give him a fair warning and then actually hurt him. I can go into more detail about why this is a good idea but the gist of it is that bullies will be much less inclined to bully if they might get hurt. It might get you in trouble too, so be prepared for that. It's also likely to backfire, in the short term. You'll probably get beaten up by him and his friends once they regain their composure but most of the time that'll be the start of a long period of a peace.

If not you need to hurt him more.
>>
>>16950773
My parents used to tell me that I should treat others with respect and kindness and all that shit. In school I noticed how little the other kids cared about those things. My attitude and my inability to make friends made me the perfect target. I was bullied throughout my school years and it got so bad, that I tried to kill myself. The one time I hit back, I actually cried later on, because I felt bad about hurting another person. That's how much of a pussy I was at that point.

It's like those people broke me. I still think about it all the time and I started talking to my therapist about it. I still live in my hometown and sometimes I see these people on the street. They moved on and now they have well paying jobs and successful lives, while I'm still stuck because of what they did to me. They probably don't even remember me.

Sorry for the /r9k/-tier post, but that's the way it was.

Don't bully people!
>>
File: 1437698454750.jpg (110 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
1437698454750.jpg
110 KB, 500x368
>>16950773
I was a bully without even realizing it for a good while, but I had an epiphany of sorts and then mostly stopped. Used to beat up girls man, I was a fat little shit.

>new kid in private christian school
>there was never actually any strong bullying as far as I knew, whole class was friendly
>for some reason we decide to mess with this kid for a bit
>surrounding him threatening wedgies and stuff
>in my mind it was all in good fun and we'd never actually do that
>new kid clearly didn't think the same
>one day he's sitting down cowering while we do the same
>I'm a little more pushy and he ends up kicking my leg
>I get mad and stand on his leg (was like 80kg)
>he tells on me, get lectured, start behaving
>it dawns on me that while I thought it was all friendly banter the kid actually looked terrified
>feel like a piece of shit

And that's how I learned empathy, even though I was not strong enough to talk to him and apologize for everything, instead I just ignored him until graduation then never saw him again.
>>
I have some bully memories that still makes me cringe.

We were a bunch of girls in 8'th grade at a birthday party. Some of the more popular girls suggested we do some phone pranks, so we call up a guy from class.Someone knew this guy had a crush on another girl at the school, so she called him pretending to be the crush. It went something like this:

>Hi anon it's _____. I've heard you like me, and I kind of like you. Do you wanna go out together?
>Prank victim in an genuinely excited voice: Yeah I'd like that!

I don't think anyone of us thought he would actually believe it. I could see in the faces of the others it wasn't part of the plan. Two of the girls ended up just shouting "IT'S A PRANK!" and slamming the phone down.

It was such a shit thing to do.
>>
I remember bullying a kid in elementary. My classmates thought he was annoying and so he was the butt of all the jokes. I called him it.
>>
>>16950837
Sorry they bullied you anon. Good thing you started talking to someone about it.
>>
>>16950773
I'm a tall guy (6'8" now) and I was always tall and lanky as a kid, my dad used to have to take my birth certificate places so he could get toddler discounts and stuff for me, anyway, I used severly picked on in school right through to the end of high school, I got all different names, Daddy Long Legs, Lurch, Slender man which doesn't seem that bad now, but hearing that all the time as a kid, it fucks you up, I felt like a freak, and of sorts I still do, I'm 22 now, I have a girlfriend who loves my height, she brings it up all the time, but when she does it just reminds me of the 12+ years of constant ridicule for being slightly different.

I got past it by getting into fitness,I started doing Jiu Jitsu a few years back and working out at home, and at the moment when I was at the beach with my Mrs and like the girls I used to think would be way out of my league started looking at me was when I stopped giving a shit, people still call me Stretch or Big Bird and stuff like that, but, I don't know, look good, feel good, I don't care, because at the end of the day I get to climb into bed with someone who loved me before when I looked like Slendermans anorexic cousin and loves me now (and is obviously more physically attracted to me in the bed room, just doing shit she has never done before, just like feeling my chest and shit) so eh. I'm still this tall guy, and the bullying effected me, but it effected me in a way that I thought "fuck I need to do something about my body"
>>
>>16950936
Another one I was a silent observer to, took place in 1998 I think. In 4'th or 5'th grade a muslim girl who wore a scarf started in my class. We already had several non-Caucasian kids and muslims, but none who wore a scarf. Her clothing was weird, she had an accent, the other muslim kids still ate swine and didn't have very religious parents, so she stood out and was bullied a lot.

She didn't have any friends, no one wanted to sit next to her in class, the other girls talked about her behind her back. People intentionally mispronounced her name (Fatima) She did nothing to deserve this. The only reason was that she was different.

One day the class was going to see a farm. Some kids gathered around her and started accusing her saying 'You know there's going to be pigs there right?" *Fatima can't come, she hates pigs and animals!" "Your sandals are going to be full of pig shit, you can't wear those to a farm!"

They were all laughing standing around her in a circle. She ran out of the school crying and never came back in class again.... I felt bad for not saying anything.
>>
>>16951024
Good

Mudslimes should get gassed
>>
I remember when I finnaly broke when this one kid got me in a choke hold from behind. He was pretty big, got in a lot of fights, could not take the dude down by yourself, he was a weightlifter too. While in the choke hold I remember telling myself "well fuck it if we can get this violent" so I grabbed a pencil out of my pocket and jabbed it full force into his hand exept he had no reaction to it and while he had me in one arm he grabbed the pencil and crushed it. Doing this didn't make anything better he was so pissed that he was causing me to black out do to loss of oxygen. I remember that my only chance of escaping this dude was to find something sharper. I reached for my pocket and found a pen I then quickly jabbed it in his hand and slit it all over the back of it he then tried to grab my pen but I threw it onto the ground for my other hand to reach, then realized I couldn't reach it, I was still in the choke hold and was crying because this guy was going to kill me. The other students were too scared to approach the guy so they all stood in silence while one girl ran to the office for help. I then see blood drip to my desk and his grip become increasingly weak so I break free when he tries to readjust his grip with his elbow.

Sorry about the long read but this was my only time in my life I ever took that kind of chance, but to be honest I kinda deserved it. At the time I would like to believe I was autistic and was a brony, memer, weeaboo who followed anime pages on Facebook, you know the cringey minecraft kid. This showed me that I can actually fight a little bit so I used my dads weights for about 4 months and in that time I came to a realization, I was a cringey motherfucker.

I tore down my cat posters and said fuck you to my Facebook account. This all happened 2 years ago as a freshman in highschool. I lived life thinking that I belonged to a cult called "the Internet" when I was pretty much the cancer to it. I should thank him one day.
>>
>>16951030
Meh, kids shouldn't be faulted for their parent's choices.
>>
>>16950927
And another story of me being kinda bullied, maybe?

>girl A jokes with me in a friendly manner
>I do sort of a "Oh stop it, you!" and lightly shove her (maybe it wasn't so light, I dunno)
>later break time eating with a friend
>the class's playboy and someone else from another class approach
>"hey anon I heard you pushed girl A, don't do that again, or else"
>stare at him trying to figure out what the fuck he's talking about
>realize it and just burst out laughing right to his face, doubled over and crying laughter
>he turns around and struts away trying to look tough
>turn to my friend, still laughing, "was he serious?"
>looks perplexed "he sounded pretty serious m8"
>never hear from him about it again

Still don't know if that was alpha as fuck or not, but I can say I probably wouldn't have laughed if he wasn't like 15cm shorter than me.
>>
i was ostracized by everyone. every friend i made in school from elementary to high would eventually be turned against me.
these days i have an intense fear of that happening again, and i get panic and anxiety attacks. i think that's less because of what happened and more because i was born as a pathetic piece of shit. i don't even have the balls to kill myself unfortunately, so i'll go on to waste oxygen, money from my family and the government, and food and water and electricity and everything.
when i do make a friendship, it is usually very intense and there are many good times but ends quickly and i regret it and spend hours remembering the good times every day. i have never been in a relationship either, khv.
sorry for rambling on
>>
We had a kid in my class who was a real piece of work. He had a stammer, dandruff that would SNOW from his hair, wore iron-on wolf sweaters to school, talked to himself often, and would cry if the teacher said he got a question wrong. Everyone bullied him.

Poor kid also had a weird vocal tic apart from the stammer. Every 5'th second or so, he would make a strange 'hm' sound, like a little cough, when he got nervous.

Whenever he had to speak in front of the class, everyone would echo his tic. Every time he made the 'hm' sound, everyone would do it back at him and just smile. He got rustled easily. Would turn all red and scram and cry and the teacher would just tell him off, or scold him in front of everyone. Heck I think she got some sort of enjoyment out it too.

It was considered good entertainment at the time. I wouldn't say I really bullied him, but I did join on the group stuff like the tics echo game.

Kids are dicks.
>>
>>16950801
Ever seen the film If..?, toff?
>>
>>16951039
Yea I know that feeling, eyes water because its a reaction when struggling breathe, jeez, a situation like that could probably even allow justifiable homicide. I remember someone on the bus was pinching my arm repeatly(pinching and twisting my skin) non stop and I responded by throwing a barriage of punches at him in a blind rage

I got into submission grappling and basic muay thai stuff to overcome bullies, and then i started doing some gi Brazilian Jiu jitsu.
>>
I was bullied up until i moved to a new school. But i still lived in the area i was bullied, so eventually i had to cope with my bullies. To make a long story short, i brutally beat them with a baseballbat, then i threatened them to death. My parents had to pay the state for it, then they never fucked with me or any one i knew again.
>>
>>16950816
Yea I know this may sound like a heated topic, but yea most schools that have zero tolerance policy stuff where the student who defends himself gets suspended for fighting back. They want students to stand there and get hit not hit back.
But if you ask any police officer or sheriffs deputy or look up your own state laws in the U.S., if the other guy throws the first punch and hits you first your legally allowed to fight back and defend yourself.
>>
>>16952661
Damn how bad did you hurt him/or them? I remember when some girl in my classroom tried to steal my sweater, she or them took my sweater there like 3 times without my permission or consent. I went to her desk to get my sweater back and I cocked my fist back and I was getting ready to punch her in face.
>>
Someone tried to bully me because he was a beta orbiter for an ex-friend of mine. Complete cunt. It lasted one day. First, he approached me out of nowhere (I had no idea who he was) and called me a dyke bitch. I flipped him off and laughed dismissively with an, "I sure am, fuck you too, buddy."

Then he passed by me in a hallway and threw something at my head. Something in me just sort of snapped, I went from 0 to 100, mumbled something about him being a fucker, grabbed that 6' hairy caveman by a roll of back fat, shoved him, and started yelling incoherently at him. I have no idea what I said. He ran. Then I had about ten minutes of cry-laughing. He never made eye contact with me again.

Keeping in mind that I was a 5', 90 lbs female, I'm a little surprised he targeted me to begin with, even if he was trying to get in that girl's moldy cunny. It's generally frowned upon for large men to fuck with tiny women.

Being seen as batshit crazy seems to be a good deterrent.

Earlier than that, in middle school, a boy was picking on me for a while. I ended it by saying something along the lines of, "I heard that you suck dicks for quarters under the lunch tables." He got really insecure after that and stopped bothering me. That's not something I would've usually done, though, my father told me to do it. It felt kind of bad, but it worked.

I wasn't bullied all that much, though. Just sort of excluded. I had a reputation, it wasn't a good one, and most people tried to avoid me rather than start shit with me. Most of the rumors about me were along the lines of 1) me trying to poison someone, 2) me biting off chunks of someone during a fight, and 3) me being a witch/vampire/some other supernatural bullshit.
>>
I suffered from a lot of bullying as a child and teenager. A lot of it was because I am autistic and act weird, so stuck out as an easy target. I didn't have friends or anyone to back me up so everyone could bully me without consequence. I've had bullying as small as whispering and spreading rumors, people refusing to use gym equipment I've used, snapping my bra stap/throwing paper in my hair, fake-asking me out, stealing/damaging my clothes in my gym locker, smearing dog shit on my car's door handle and windows, and even loudly insulting me in the middle of class (teachers DO NOT CARE if socially inept students are bullied). It all only stopped when I graduated highschool because people in the real world don't bully as openly and cruelly as children/teenagers. To be honest I have a huge ball of rage and hatred in my heart and I know that I have it in me to seriously hurt somebody, if I had a gun back then I probably would have gone insane. I am not over anything that happened to me, even if I wish I were, and I probably won't ever have a normal friendship or view other people with anything but distrust. I think about suicide every single day
>>
IWhen I was young my parents had a maid. Where I grew up in Hong kong it was common for almost every family to have a Filipina maid to take care of children. Anyway when I was about 7 we had this one maid with us for a year. She loved my little sister but despised my brother and I from the start. She used to smash our heads together and pour boiling water on our hands when we did something wrong. She told us if we told our parents she'd kill us so we never did, until my dad announced that they were going to hire her for another year before I broke down crying and told them everything. After that whole ordeal I lost a lot of confidence. My parents put me in a judo class but I ended up just getting beat the fuck up by the girls in the class which only made me a joke to the rest of the school. Recesses were usually spent with girls taking turns to beat me with a stick or throw garbage cans at me after that.

I moved to Canada when I was 13 and kept quiet through high school. I remember a few kids trying to bully me there but I would always shut down, like stop moving or talking completely, and once they saw they didn't get a reaction from me at all they were weirded out and left me alone.

I'm glad it all happened because it helped prepare me for the real world. Now I have a lot of confidence and I act morally because of the things that happened to me. Every child should get bullied a little bit. The weak will die off and only the stronger ones will stay.
>>
Eh in middle school i was kind of

Idk bout ya'll but in my middle school 'try hard' was an insult

If you were good at something you had better not care about it, otherwise that was uncool

Quite obviously i was an extremely competitive person and i tried to be good at everything i did, school, sports, music, everything

Because of that it drew the attention of the 'popular guys' who didnt appreciate i was a straight A student and the most athletic kid in the grade

To top it all off i didnt really give a fuck about who they were so i was friends with some of the more unique characters which they also didnt like (i was known even through high school to hang out with really weird characters but hell, they are the most fun)

So because of all this stuff and me not really understanding they were trying to make fun of me when the called me a try hard i kind of got bullied pretty hard i guess
>>
File: 1454043091227.png (341 KB, 525x514) Image search: [Google]
1454043091227.png
341 KB, 525x514
>>16952758
>pour boiling water on our hands when we did something wrong
What the fuck.
>>
>>16952777
Yeah it was pretty fucked. When I told my dad he just called the cops and they showed up and surprised her, and he made sure they deported her.
>>
Some of the older girls two classes above me picked on me sometimes because I didn't wear smart clothes or brands. They'd act fake friendly and ask me stuff like if my mom had picked my outfit for me, why I was wearing those particular shorts or shoes.

I remember one time I was walking with a friend and a group of them were some meters behind us. One of them started shouting our names. Whenever we turned around she would go 'what the fuck are you looking at?'. If we tried to ignore it would begin shouting 'Hey! I'm talking to you! Turn around!' and so on.

We were close to my house so I told my friend we should just leg it. When the bully shouted for us again we began running. I hadn't realized one of them was walking with a bike though, which she of course got up on and caught up to us with, at which point we gave up.

'Didn't you hear me calling you? You think you can just ignore me, fucking smartasses. You don't ignore people when they say your name.'

I remember asking her what she wanted and she pushed me into a bush and said we had lice (very random insult) then told us to fuck off.
>>
I was indirectly and both directly bullied in middle school solely because of how i looked (wasnt the best dresser plus mom was a single parent). It made me who i am today and it taught me not to take any bullshit from anyone.
>>
i was bullied for a few years, really fucked me up, i still feel disconnected from the rest of the world, i dont really like to tell my story but its similar to some of the other posts
>>
Before i tell ya'll my exp about being being bullied i wasnt super Tough or anything but after when I was bullied and out of h.s it helped me grow some thick skin. But I still have the hatred and anger towards the people who bullied me, and the vice principal who didn't do their job.

I remember this one incident as if it happened yesterday, it was 6 years ago back in high school and I was hanging out with my "friend" Justin and his two friends who were siblings Trevor and Chelsea. Now I never said anything rude to them or anything until Chelsea put her hand on me (oh also failed to mention I was a Sr and they were sophmores) and I told her not to do that and I don't like being touched. So she threatened me and I replied back with "I'll just push ya to the ground." And then Chelsea was going on how she had friends bigger than me and her brother who would beat me up or break my legs with a baseball bat. So the next morning at the bus stop the oldest brother Matt calls me over telling me I should apologize to Chelsea though I really didn't do anything wrong and Justin was silent this whole time too. Not saying a word. So I just sure what ever sorry". Then a few days later the youngest brother pushed me around he hall and I told him to fuck off. So the very next morning as Matt was getting off the bus to get onto another buss to go to CDC he just yells at me and threatening me on the bus. I was scared shit less and worried, after he left I just got off and sat in the library at school. The very next day I get pulled into the office with the two siblings, the vice principal asks each of us our side of the story. Trevor the youngest brother lies and says his friends pushed him into me, I get up and say that's a lie and you know it. The vice principal doesn't believe me. And I tell him to check the cameras I the hall and he says "sorry we can't do that" so they got away with a lie and I was left there not knowing what to do. I didn't go to school for almost a week. >
>>
Cont.

So after my older sister learned what happened she found out where Matt and his family live in our neighborhood. She told him off ect and the following mor nong apologized to me. Now a few days later Chelsea saw me come out of my house and I noticed her calling someone from her house, didn't think much of it til I was suddenly surrounded by her and big friends (4 of them) and they were going on how I was the one being bullied and threatening to rip my braces out of my mouth. I just laughed trying to hold back my tears asking why she is even pushing this?

Sorry for the long read btw first time posting on 4chan. Though I lurk here a lot.
>>
>>16950773
I was a bully to one kid in primary school after seeing other kids bullying him. He would just succumb to it and if a bully asked him to come over for a beating he would just walk over and take it. I hadn't seen that kind of behaviour before and it kind of fascinated me. It's kind of strange that I was also friends with the kid I bullied for a short while.

At the start of high school some kids spread a rumour about me and that opened the door for people to start picking on me. I would usually retaliate to some degree but it was so overbearing.. Even the teachers would make fun of me and mostly looked the other way when I was being bullied. I ended up with pretty much no friends.

When I moved schools half way through high school, some kids at the new school had heard the rumour as well. I didn't get picked on at the new school though, but I couldn't really find myself and still felt alone. This led to some early stress and depression.
>>
This guy used to jam my lockers lock into the corner to fuck with me. His girlfriends locker was above mine and they'd make out on it and I'd have to shoo them away to get my shit. I got tired of it after a week and fireman kicked the locker after I shooed them off. Ended up dinting the door, getting the lock unjammed, and freaking out the couple and people around us badly enough that they stopped bothering me.

Also I used to pick on some wimpy kids in grade school. They came across me messing around with some knives I was gifted in high school. I just remember they looked scared and avoided me for the rest of high school. Other than that I beat up one kid who attacked me and I might have vaguely threatened to beat up someone else.

I was kind of a loner in school and I think that made other kids uncomfortable so they left me be for the most part.
>>
I was somewhat bullied at school. I was called names and large portions of my class joined in at times. The teachers had a careless attitude towards it, and I was short and couldn't defend myself physically. I was never beaten or anything so, i've figured it's not something I should worry about, but looking back it changed me on a very profound level. I used to be rather carefree and happy as a kid. I got along with girls and was actually pretty popular in primary school. But at high school I was put in a rather troublesome class, and I wasn't tough at all, I was carefree and wanted to get along. I think this made me an easy victim, and when no one was able to help me with my situation i grew bitter and I shied away from situations I couldn't control 100%. I'm 25 now and I have no direction in my life, and i've been depressed for some time. I spend most of my time actively trying to make myself feel unburdened, and mostly the result is a lack of progression in anything. I feel life is greatly unjust, even though I know justice isn't really a realistic part of this world but more of a fable. If anyone can relate to this, please let me know.
>>
I was bullied by the guys (primarily the quarterback) on the football team because I wrote an unflattering (according to them) story about one of their games. Any time they saw me they'd push me, trip me, check me into the lockers, etc...

Over school vacation my sister passed away suddenly. When I got back to school, the quarterback was the only person in a school of 400 students and staff to come over to me and offer his condolences. No one ever bothered me after that.
>>
>>16952758
god damn dude
>>
I don't know about real bullying, because I've heard of stuff way worse than what I got. I was more just excluded and occasionally picked on, sometimes it got worse though, like it happened a lot. I think I remediated it somewhat in elementary school (a lot of it was probably my teachers) and I probably didn't have it much in junior high because I had actual friends that I hung out with and it was a different crowd and they had more going on. In high school it was again an outcast situation because I went to a different district.
It took me years to completely move past it, probably around when I started college.
It still affects me in that it pushed me towards valuing kindness above almost everything else.
>>
>>16950801
Private school bullying is the worst. They're filled with stuck up rich kids who treat you like shit simply because of the family you come from, and especially if you aren't wealthy/coming from a wealthy family.
There's usually not that many kids so everyone is pretty tight, and if one person starts bullying then everyone else does it too. Everyone dresses and acts the same, it's so fucking terrible.
At the private school I went to, the school itself was considered to be very prestigious and apparently had a great rep, so any kids who did bad shit and got caught were kicked out. But there was so much bullying from the kids who did sports because they were always the top ones in school. They had money, relationships, good grades, ect. The teachers basically let them get away with whatever they wanted just because of who their families were. baka so glad I left.
>>
I was bullied.. Also bullied people a couple times... The whole situation has it's pros and cons..
I blame my Mom for most of my bullied years.. We moved 25 times in 8 years.. She made me wear her old nasty hand me downs despite the fact that my Dad bought me new clothes almost every weekend (which I'm fairly certain she sold all of them). She made me have short hair and I was often mistaken for a boy. She got with some ex coke head dude.. Long story short he got back into it and was mildly physically abusive and very verbally abusive..
So I was always the weird kid in school obviously.. I was isolated and never stayed in one place for long so I never really learned how to socialize properly.. Got outcasted and picked on.. Eventually got sort of violent.. Turned to booze at age 12 and was drunk pretty much every day till age 15.. Highschool wasn't so bad.. Couple kids said dumb shit.. I picked on one kid who reminded me of my younger self..
It left me with some definite negatives.. I've got a bad temper now.. I've got moderate social anxiety.. It's pretty much ingrained into my head now that I'm annoying and often think I'm doing things wrong..
However it also has some upsides.. I like my rage now that I've learned how to control it.. I was isolated a lot so I really learned a lot about myself and derive confidence from that.. Despite feeling like I annoy people I actually like who I am now.. I have a few extremely close friends that I love deeply.. In ways the isolation did me some good.. I didn't really know to follow the crowd and do the same things everyone else did.. And because of that I've done extremely well for myself.. I dropped out of highschool at age 15 and it was probably the best decision I ever made. I've got a high paying career and a close group of friends whom I love deeply and they also love me.. They accept me for who I am both the bad and the good.
Being bullied fucking sucks though whether one grows from it or not.
>>
Not bullied per se but I was pretty quiet and didn't really have any friends. I remember a weekend around halloween, we were around 16 or something and it was a regular friday. The day went by and when school ended I went home and played vidya all weekend, by myself, as always.

When I got back to school on monday I heard everyone talking about this cool halloween party a person in our class had hosted and I found out that every single person in our class was invited except me.
>FEELSBADMAN.JPG

Not really bullying, I guess maybe she didn't invite me because she didn't think I would go anyway (which I probably wouldn't) but it still felt like shit and I still think about from time to time even though it was 10 years ago.
>>
I was bullied (sensitive person), still affected by it, it made my opinions on many things more severe and reactions more emotional. Lately I reminisce about it with some friends, found out they were able to overcome it and become friends with bullies. I wouldn´t be able to be friends with someone, who hurt me in any way.

It made me more socially anxious, I taught myself how to communicate with people of my age better and now can nice-fake it even if I´m not interested (luckily I don´t have to much). Still I´m too sensitive, affected easily by jokes or remarks, overreacting to stuff some would call "harmless fun", getting better, but still can´t help it.
>>
>>16953629
I can relate with the unburdening. Much more happened than only bullying and I´m feeling totally stuck with my life too. Need to sort out at least something before I move on with my life a bit more. Feels just about impossible right now.
>>
>>16953629
> I was never beaten or anything so, i've figured it's not something I should worry about,
A scraped knee or bleeding nose hurts for some days, the insults, loneliness and psychological terror is what sticks with you.

'Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me' is a shit saying imo, because it implies physical pain is worse than psychological and if you aren't being beaten on you aren't 'really' being bullied.
>>
When I was 22 I was verbally abused for eight consecutive hours by three people on the internet. I couldn't remove myself that situation because I was emotionally and physically compromised at the time.

The entire thing made me insecure about my life and invoked some sort of battered wife syndrome. It also sparked a psychotic need to track these people down, something that I accomplished very recently. I don't have the means to confront them in person though.
>>
This small clique of girls in middle school constantly called my best friend and I lesbians back when she was pretty much my only friend.

It was only for a grade but I was pretty upset over it.

At least she didn't actually turn out to be wrong.
>>
A couple of my neighbors used to bully me in middle school (roughly 8 or 9 years ago)
They used to make up rumors that I had a crush on this one popular bitch. They never really physically bullied me though. Maybe shoved me a few times but never full blown beat me or attacked me or anything. From what I remember they did childish shit like take pictures of me, throw stuff at me on the bus and things like that.
Oddly I don't actually remember the moment I told my parents, but I know I did. They contacted the assistant principal and they seemed to back off since they were known assholes and were probably on thin ice.

Jokes on them because one of them is gay with a black man and the other is in jail for life while I just started my mechanical engineering career :^)
>>
>>16950773
>bullied more or less every day from first through eighth grade
>weird fat kid, no friends
>summer after eighth grade my dad makes me play hockey
>discover I love it
>go through a growth spurt
>still kinda fat
>coach decides he sees a goon in me
>he can't make it happen, I won't even check because I'm too afraid of getting hurt
>during whats supposed to be a friendly game, coach directs a bunch of kids a couple of years older to check the shit out of me
>I can't keep my feet
>I feel like shit
>I hate this
>flinch wrong and this scary high schooler just sprawls out
>waitaminute.jpg
>start leaning in
>coach gets the goon he wanted
>get to high school
>still bullied
>still shitty
>still can't stand up for myself
>channel all of that rage and frustration into aggression on the ice
>I'm 14, already 5'10 and 180 pounds
>second semester of freshman year some guys start making fun of me for trying to ask a girl out
>it took so long to work up the courage and now I'm going to cry
>something clicks
>approach slowly, making eye contact with the leader, a senior on the swim team
>"Shut your mouth you little swim team cunt"
>his friends laugh, he sneers, starts to reply
>horse collar and hay maker, just an ugly sucker punch he can't even fall away from, right in the button
>he goes down, I'm still holding on and hitting
>his friends go to pull me off
>takes all three of them
>as soon as I'm off they're moving back because they don't want to be close
>senior is bleeding like Bobby Hall
>no more bullying after the five days of suspension
>>
>>16950773
>Have you ever been bullied and/or bullied someone else? Were you ever able to stop the bullying? Are you still affected by it
No, I was the anti bully. I didn't give a fuck who the bully was; you bully someone, you open yourself up for me to make fun of, simple as that.
>Girl in my history class had epilepsy
>Some fuck nugget started making fun of her
>The look on her face... /white knight armor on
>Eviscerated him in public in class. Made him feel like the retard he was
>Told him in front of everybody that if couldn't handle it to keep his mother fucking mouth shut about people with things they can't control
>#he should understand that because he's a retard
The girl messaged me YEARS later telling me how grateful she was, that she still remembered. It felt great.
>Varsity football roid idiot going off in class about something idiotic
>Started yelling #ROIDRAGE ROIDRAGE at him
>he got in my face
>asked him to his face if he wanted to settle this with a fight?
>offered my chin, told him I honestly hope you hit me so I can lock your stupid ass up... see how tough you are when cops are beating your bitch ass down, etc.
>yeah he sat the fuck down
>came at me at lunch
>boxer friend of mine literally walked up to him and laid his ass out with one punch
I laughed in his face and told him to never talk to me again or he wouldn't see me coming and next time it would be with a knife
>My other varsity football friends came over and asked ME if *I* was OK lololol
He never spoke to or looked at me again

Don't open your bitch mouth around me. I don't give a fuck. You stay in your fucking lane and leave people alone around me or I'll fuck you up one or the other.
>internet tough guy
>>
>>16954722
This thread has me riled up and now I want to tell more stories WOOOO! I've never liked bullies or bullying because, even at a young age, I knew they were all fucking pussies.
>Elementary school
>Art class
>Drawing something for my mother for mother's day dawwwwww
>Black little shit stain doesn't like me because I ignore him
>Fuck you nigger, I don't give a fuck about what's coming out of your pumpkin lips
>Tells me he's going to paint over my mother's picture.
>"Don't do that."
>He did it. He fucking did it.
>Jumped up on the table, it was one of those large black low the ground tables
>He looks up at me scared shitless
>Punt his face like a football
>He falls over, blood spurting out of his nose
>Jump on him, start ground and pounding his face (UFC obviously didn't exist then)
>Art teacher is a little grey haired lady, runs over and throws herself on me
>#oh shit I don't want to hurt grandma
>stop
>.... almost get expelled
>...principal screaming at me but didn't call the cops
>.... nig nogs mother invites me to his birthday party. he still has a black lip
>I go
>she takes me aside and privately thanks me for teaching her son what happens to bullies
>I stay until the end and play video games with him until my momma gets me
>Huh. Alright!
>>
I got bullied and was bullied by others.

I got bullied because I didn't fit in and was depressed, making me a good target and others could use me as an example to move themselves up the social hierarchy.
Generally socially vulnerable people did it, not the secure jocks who I got along with fairly well.
Being socially vulnerable myself (my parents basically raised me by bullying as well) I did the same to other students.
>suck-up, overachieving, effeminate and probably gay kid
>socially oblivious kid who knew he was better than everyone else but couldn't understand why nobody liked him
>disgusting poor kid whose family had lived in caravans for a couple generations.
>disgusting lanklet emo kid
This is how they seemed.

I don't think being bullied affected me too much, except for making me inclined to thinking the world is a dog-eat-dog place. The things that made me get bullied probably affect me more: depression and social anxiety/paranoia are still present, it's just that adults are more tolerant and I can manage it now.
I had 2 very bad friend groups that deliberately lied, manipulated and randomly ostracised me for their own fun, and this has made me less trusting of people.
I think I stopped getting bullied when I became more popular than the bullies.

Bullying others affected me.
I'm hesitant to get into relationships because I think I'm sort of a social predator.
I'm always checking what I say to prevent nasty shit.
I'm not as socially assertive as I could be, because I don't want to pressure others but other times people lament my social assertiveness.
I'm not going to have children so I don't bully them like my parents did me.
I'm filled with a profound sense of regret and powerlessness that I have potentially ruined lives but can never really undo the damage.
>>
When I was in elementary school there was one girl our group disliked a lot, so she was always excluded from recess activities and things like group photos. I think everyone eventually grew out of though because we were all on good terms during middle and high school but I felt guilty about being such a snot to her when I was younger.

As for a personal story
>senior year hs, taking bus home after school
>always sit alone because I have music equipment
>I'm the oldest person on the bus and keep to myself
>there's a substitute driver and they go past my bus stop
>stand up in my seat and tell them they need to stop the bus
>while walking up the aisle a girl I've never seen before stands up and gets in front of me
>"HEY, WHY DON'T YOU STOP ACTING LIKE SUCH A RUDE BITCH"
>bus goes completely silent and EVERYONE is staring at me
>stutter a reply to the girl and walk out as quickly as possible
>the next morning a bunch of younger students ask about why she was trying to call me out, tell them I didn't even know who the fuck she was
>>
Psychologically torture the person physically stronger than you, but never get found out. The man behind the curtain holds the power.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
I got bullied lots and it ran me into depression
Then I started bullying and getting revenge on the people who did it

But always make sure you never start the fight
>>
I moved to a new school in grade 5, and was bullied for being poor/looking poor/developing faster than other girls and not knowing I should wear a bra. I took it out on this other quiet girl who, every time I bullied her, afterwards I would go to her and apologize and we ended up being really close friends for a few years. We used to hang out every day.

>getting checked for lice
>"wow anon, you have a lot of dandruff"
>quiet girl says "dandruff is caused by shampoo! It dries out your hair"
>I say "No it's not, how could that even be possible you MORON"

Still feel bad about it to this day and wonder if shampoo actually can cause dandruff
>>
I was bullied in elementary school, since day one basically, by the same guy. Both verbally and physically.
I was always this guy who was into reading and music, so perhaps that's why i was a target. It stacked with home abuse from my dad, so i wasn't feeling safe in school or at my home.
By 6th or 7th grade, i got really into punk music, and it gave me this "fuck you, i ain't taking your shit no more" attitude.
I remember getting bullied one day, deciding i've had enough over the years, so i took a chair and beat the guy up to the point that they were discussing calling the police.
I still am kinda in the punk scene at the age 23, but more because it steered my life in the right direction as i'm more confident and insanely extroverted now.

The bullying did fuck me up because i have some trust issues now. Before we finished school, we went on a school roadtrip for a few days, and the guy who bullied me insisted he wants to be my roommate and make it up for me. I wasn't sure if he was sincere about that or just wanted to bully me again. I'll never know if he really wanted to apologize and be my friend, i was so cautious about it
>>
>>16955483
>I'll never know if he really wanted to apologize and be my friend, i was so cautious about it
That's bare minimum caution. You'd have to be stupid to agree to that.
>>
>>16955498
>You'd have to be stupid to agree to that
Eh, it was only for a few days, and my young self thought that maybe we got older, and the whole thing should be put behind us.
He was actually really nice to me the whole trip, and we had some fun, but there was always this feeling in the back of my head that he is doing this for the laughs. My self-esteem was shit back then
>>
File: 1437130974700.jpg (30 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
1437130974700.jpg
30 KB, 600x395
I was bullied a lot when I was younger, and it took me a long time to realize I had built up this huge defensive shell around myself, and it's why I was continually alienated by other people. I acted like and still do to an extent that everything was out to get me in some way, so I became incredibly reserved. I stopped initiating conversations, I would respond curtly with other people and never follow up with a reply, I would constantly assume people were judging me for basically everything I did, basically close myself off from the world and live as self sufficiently as possible.

To top this all off I started adopting some ascetic spiritual views about life and tried to basically destroy my self. I reached a point where I simply wanted to live as a non person, conforming to life around me like water, hurting nothing and being hurt by no one. I didn't take opportunities to advance myself or develop as a person, I didn't contribute to anything because I felt like I had nothing to say.

To sum everything up briefly I turned the bullying inward. At this point I am still fucked just more self aware and attempting to be more empathetic and responsive to people, but I have a very stunted emotional side as a result of the above so I feel pretty damn autistic.

10/10 would try again.
>>
>Have you ever been bullied and/or bullied someone else?
Yep. Had to deal with it twice.

>Were you ever able to stop the bullying?
One required a fight that I still laugh about to this day, the other situation was on the bus. Our bus driver was legit and took care of the situation.

>Are you still affected by it?
No not really. Highschool fucked with me, but it was more about friendships blowing up in a bad way. Bullying was never a major concern. Growing up as a big kid probably helped a lot in that regard.

>>16951024
>She ran out of the school crying and never came back in class again
Jesus christ. When I hear stories like this I wonder if I just had my head up my ass or if my school was just extremely mellow relative to others.
>>
Wow, I just had a bit of an epiphany and realized that in fact I'm quite an asshole.. I've bullied others quite a bit it seems, although I wasn't seriously bullied myself.

In elementary school, there was a fat kid whose mom was friends with my mom. However, my mom always talked shit about the other mom to me, and she would literally call that kid a fatass casually when referring to him all the time.

Now, be me, first day of first grade, my mom and the other mom send me and the fat kid into the school together, and we sit in the classroom at the same desk. We both have helium balloons since it's a regular "present" for first graders, they are tied to the desk. I ask to go to the bathroom and tell the fatass kid to keep watch over my balloon, then go out of the classroom. When I return, my balloon is popped :( I blame the fatass, and he admits guilt but says it was an accident, and keeps saying sorry. I sorta forgive him, but still, this incident leaves me with a bit of mistrust for him.

3rd or 4th grade, I'm sprinting around in the hallways for some reason, and then just as I'm passing by the fatass kid I trip and fall, it hurts a lot. I instantly blame the fatass, and keep telling him "fuck you". I'm not entirely sure whether he tripped me or I tripped by myself, but I have a huge ego and would feel stupid to admit I tripped by myself, so I keep blaming him. He asks me if I'm okay, and keeps denying it, "sorry man it wasn't me, are you alright?" etc. He sounds genuinly concerned and doesn't make fun of me at all for falling. I just turn away from him and walk away, while whispering under my breath (but still so he can hear) "what a faggot". He follows me around saying sorry and asking if I'm okay, and I start to feel a bit guilty for getting mad at him and walking away like that. Still, I never apologize for this to him.
>>
>>16955807
Cont.

After that incident I think I started joining in with the rest of the class and making fun of him, even though we were sorta friends before (due to our moms being friends). In the end, another classmate whom I get along with well tells me to stop and I feel super guilty so I do. This makes me realize how stupid it is to bully this guy, and I start resenting my mom for talking shit about him and his mom behind their backs. I wonder if I would have behaved the same way if she didn't talk about him like that in the first place.

Another incident is where I joined in with some other classmates in chasing a weird girl out of the school. We ran after her as a crowd and she got scared and started sprinting away, but we kept chasing. She did some dangerous things like running across a busy street to the other side too. Eventually she runs into one of her relatives by accident and this scares away all of us pursuers, so we stop chasing her. Later that day I get a phone call from a classmate saying that girl's grandma is going around people's houses and lecturing the kids, I get scared shitless and come clean to my parents asking them to not open the door when she comes.

Thankfully, she never comes to our house. However, and this is what I really feel guilty about, my parents years later tell me that they talked with that girl's grandma at some point about this incident and she said she didn't believe her own granddaughter that I chased her around because I was such a well-behaved kid in school and had the best grades in the class. So basically, I got away scot-free.. and this isn't really a good thing, because I think it only reinforced my ego.
>>
>>16955809
Cont.

Later in middle school I make friends with a guy who was adopted from an orphanage, and obviously he is a bit of a troubled individual. We are both also friends with some small kid from Iran, however as time goes on orphan kid starts to make fun of him and I join in. I remember at some point we all went into the bathroom and dumped water into the stall that kid was in, soaking him. A female teacher even came into the boys' bathroom because of all the noise, but when she saw all the water spilled on the ground we, including the Iranian kid, denied that any of us did this. I never apologized to him but he seems to have gotten along okay in HS, at least he didn't become an autist like me and had some friends.

But it's interesting how often it's "friends" that bully each other. I was sorta friends with a kid in elementary school as well, he was the biggest troublemaker in the classroom and had terrible grades, but had lots of friends although I'd say none of them were true friends.

Anyway, that guy would sometimes just punch me in the chest or stomach, not super hard but it would knock the breath out of me. In response, I would just push him lightly, as I was pretty weak physically. However, after this he would always be like "wow dude, holy shit, you are so strong, you just lightly pushed me but it felt like it almost crushed my bones! How are your arms so strong?". Basically, he'd act like I was strong even though we both knew I wasn't, and I would just play along and be like "IDK man, just how it is". This went on for a while but I never did anything about it, I guess he didn't really punch me that hard. But it was still a bit too hard to consider it a friendly type of punch, you know. Oh well, eventually he just stopped caring about me.
>>
>>16955811
Cont.

And then another time I was picked on was on the bus in high school. I always sat in the back and stared out the window, and also put my backpack on the seat next to me, as I felt really awkward if someone sat next to me. Some senior seemed to really not like that as he was CONSTANTLY talking trash about me while I could hear. I just kept ignoring him and staring out the window, but it was pretty annoying and distracting. Was too much of a pussy to confront him about it though, and still am :/

Also lol holy shit this turned out long, writing out my life story here :P Interesting thread though, enjoyed reading all the responses.
>>
Never been bullied here.
>>
I was the weird dumb kid when it came to social situations, always doing odd stuff and saying stupid things so I got ripped into more times than I can remember.
At first I thought responding would make me the same or worse than them so I didn't, but it never got any easier.
As a result I never had any friends in school, although in hindsight some people thought I was ok, which is a small comfort I guess.

Anyway, today I don't really have a high opinion of myself because I jumped the gun and screwed up so many times in high school, and sometimes I wonder if all I'm doing right now is to run away and stop being that dumb kid.
>>
>>16950773
My rather odd story
>In 6th grade started riding the bus rather than being driven
>On the bus there were these 3 boys who would try to taunt me, just 'you're a faggot' and 'you so ugly'. I ignored it and after a few weeks didn't really even hear them anymore
>In 7th grade a teacher pulled me aside and asked me about bullying. When I insisted I never bullied anyone she said 'no, I mean about the bullying you are going through'. I was baffled, told her I never felt bullied.
>*th grade a counselor told me I would be meeting with her every week to 'cope with bullying'. I told her I wsan't a bully and wasn't being bullied. My parents got a note that I was refusing to cooperate with the counselor. My dad and I talked, he told them to fuck off, whatever
>just 3-4 weeks before the end of the year I got on the bus at school to head home - the driver was off doing God knows what.
>One of the kids who tried to insult me sauntered up to me holding a paper wad and with a smirk on his face and said, 'You're going to eat this paper wad of I'm going to beat you up'
>I grabbed him, threw him onto a seat on his back, punched his face 3-4 times, grabbed the paper wad and jammed it into his mouth, then punched him a few more times, then stood there
>He got up, tears in his eyes, nose all bloody, spit out the paper, and sat with his friends
>I sat down. We went home
>Next day whoosh! I am back in the counselor's office
>'If you had let me deal with the bullying you wouldn't have been in that fight'
>'I had no idea that a couple of stupid people calling you "faggot" was bullying. I had ignored them for years until they wanted to fight.'
So - I *guess* I was bullied. Other kids told me they thought I was being bullied and the teachers thought so, too.
>>
I was bullied quite a lot at school. I was weird and ugly. It was a small school so I had kids from several years teasing me. It was almost liked they'd formed some kind of bullying campaign to torment me wherever I went.

Things were never physical I'd just have abuse hurled at me one or twice a day as I walked around. With real venom behind it as well, from people I didn't know and had never spoken to.

Because I didn't do anything about it even some of the friendly nice people would call me names.

I probably deserved it a little as I was an asshole to other people sometimes, but I was mostly quiet and kept to myself and I never spoke to the main bullies.

It's only really now that I'm realising what a big impact it had on my self-esteem. For a long time I went around feeling a bit like I wasn't worthy of anything -- that I was a genuinely repulsive person.

It never really struck me as a thought that someone else could find me desirable. When one or two people showed interest I thought they were joking or felt sorry for me.

It wasn't until I got a girlfriend in my mid-20s that I saw how shitty my life had been. For about 3 years I lived alone after university and I would just come home and cry and be miserable. I was facing quite extreme isolation and was just horribly insecure.

I only started dating this girl because we worked together and I genuinely enjoyed spending time with her as a friend. It's kind of embarrassing to think about it because until the last few years I was just so fucking miserable everyday from the time I was about 11 and I really hated myself.
>>
My older brother used to get bullied a lot at school, basically because he was something of a child prodigy, and extremely intelligent. This was looked upon as being "weird" or "abnormal" in some way and he was hounded for it. The school was a typical south London comp, and full of tough working class kids from mainly deprived families (like mine) and where my brother got his brains from i don't know.
Anyway he used to have the shit beaten out of him for not fitting in to the stereotypical layabout that we all were.
It was me who had to go and sort his fights out for him and as he is two years older than me it usually meant i got the shit beaten out of me as well. After a while i got pretty mean myself and a lot of the older kids used to lay off of him because they knew i would show up looking for revenge and would probably have a couple of mates in tow who would help out.
Some of the beatings he got at first were quite savage, and the fucker never used to defend himself ever. Thats what i always found strange, that he never had a point where he would snap and look after himself. I used to explain to him that if he fought back a lot of the fights would stop and as a consequence i would have less trouble as well dealing with his tormentors. He just wouldnt or couldnt seem to understand and was and is quite passive.
He went on to university and is now a master at Cambridge university and has done really well for himself. He isnt scarred by the experience's he had, just looks back on it objectively.
Our parents knew that some of it was going on but had the attitude that he should either sink or swim, and as ai was a bit of a rough and tumble kid then it was expected that i got involved as well. It was all just part and parcel of growing up where we did and was considered normal.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.