[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I really need to look at this from a different angle and I need
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: itsover.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
itsover.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
>get an assignment for a paper
>do nothing but procrastinate
>anxiety builds up day after day
>cram everything at the last few days
>all nighters galore

This has been my routine for almost four years now, and I think there's something wrong with me. I feel shit and want to off myself everyday for not doing stuff like I'm supposed to be. It feels like I've grown addicted to the feeling of utter hopelessness or something, and it's starting to take its toll on me.

Right now I'm cramming on a paper I'm supposed to pass and get checked before a defense on Tuesday even after being given two whole months for preparation, and I'm at my wit's end, as usual.

What's your take on being prompt regarding your duties, and how do I stop myself from creating these self-destructive situations?
>>
I know the feels man, I was in the exact same situation as you a few years back.
Nothing worked for me, no study plans, penalties etc, I am sorry to tell you this but you just need resolve.
>>
If it's working, meaning you're getting good grades and accomplishing the things you would otherwise accomplish, then why change? If it's not working, then like the other anon said for only thing that will help you is resolve. There's no magic trick to it, you just have to work on shit and get it done during the day.
>>
Im currently in college and just got over over procrastinating the way that you do. I dont know how I did it other than just deciding that what i was doing was retarded and that i should work towards not procrastinating so much anymore. I know it feels like an impossible obstacle to get over, but its really just a gradual process of eatablishing new habits and getting over your old ones. The more you engage in these new habits, the more they become natural reflexes over time. Its never too late to start either, so dont let your anxiety tell you that you cant do it. What i think about that helps me a lot is that if i just get it over with now, ill have plenty of free time to relax and not worry about it later, plus ill feel proud of myself for actually doing it. Over time you look forward to that pride and it just becomes a natural routine for you. Think of it like a brick wall blocking your path, that you're taking apart one brick at a time. At first ittl be a slow process and youll only want to take down a few bricks at a time. But after a while it becomes easier and youre taking down multiple bricks each time you try with increasing ease. Then eventually the wall will completely gone and you can move forward on the path that is your life, or something like that. Either way, you can do it and i believe in you OP.
>>
>>16953909
Not OP but it gaves me some hope.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.