[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you get a ticket, I know it adds 'points' or something
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
If you get a ticket, I know it adds 'points' or something to your license which insurance companies use to hike up your rates, right?

How long until these points go away though, and do insurance companies reduce them down after they go away?

I'm in MI btw. Got a ticket which adds 2 points to my record and I cant take that class to avoid the points because I took it before.
>>
Some infractions come with points, some don't. Check your local laws when it comes to how many points come off per year after the ticket. As for insurance, it's usually for as long as the points are on your license. Your premiums may also never drop back to their original levels.

In your situation, you should consider talking to a traffic law attorney. For only two points, there's probably a way for you to show up in court for the ticket. You can probably negotiate to have the penalty be modified to a higher monetary fine but without points.
>>
I worked as a receptionist for an insurance company and depending it can stick for 3-7 years depending. For example speeding tickets drop in 3 years but heavy infractions like DUI for example will linger for 7 years before the you can legally expunge them. If you really want to tear into this shit I'd look up an "independent insurance broker" in your area and ask them for a free quote, they'll try and hit you with a broker fee if you transfer to them but thats under the condition that they can actually save you money and initiate a change in policy. These guys are pretty try hard and depending on the CSR they'll throw information at you in the hopes you'll sign up.
>>
File: 1455833416319.jpg (121 KB, 532x709) Image search: [Google]
1455833416319.jpg
121 KB, 532x709
read the law u dumbass, it is different state to state. they do expire after a few years.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.