[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here have terrible experiences with therapists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1431048697_tom-brady-article.jpg (90 KB, 467x562) Image search: [Google]
1431048697_tom-brady-article.jpg
90 KB, 467x562
My family has a strong disliking of therapists. I am currently seeing a school therapist at my university, but I haven't told my family yet because I don't want to start shit. This is my third therapist I've seen in my life and things have been doing decent so far. The last two were despicable people.

- The first therapist I saw was when I was 7. Our bio dad had left our family and I was in a state of shock at the time. Had a hard-time eating, getting motivated, speaking, ect. My older brother wasn't nearly as shook as I saw, but he did get more angry at those around him. The therapist that my mom sent to me at first seemed okay. He was fairly nice to me the first visit, but then things took a turn for the worst. I don't want to get into too much detail. I'll just say that he was essentially blaming me, and to a lesser extent my older brother, for why our bio dad left.
>>
- The second therapist I "attended" was actually only for one session. She was a therapist my brother was seeing in his Senior year of HS. She was one of those therapist tied to the Troubled Teen Industry and told my brother that to fix his problems, he should attend a Wilderness Camp. My brother was interested in joining the military at this time and thought this camp would be perfect for him to gain skills he would need for the military and college. Anyways, my brother told me one day she wanted to speak with me. I was a bit shocked as to why she would have an interest in me. Well, turns out my brother had told her about me and some personal details(eg: I had bladder programs, was gay, struggled my Freshman year of HS). Why he was so open to her about me, I have no idea. He must have trusted her. Well, I go in to see her and the first thing she does to me is start saying how my homosexuality was causing my bed-wetting, making me weak, how I need "extra" help to become a more full person. It was awful and this lasted for a good 45 minutes. I left her office in tears. You may ask why I didn't tell my parents about this and the reason is that I was pretty out of it during this time and this was the last thing I needed to hear.

If you have any further questions, please ask and I'll try and answer them. Also, if you feel comfortable enough, please share some of your stories with therapists. I'm curious to see if you guys have gone through similar shit that I have.
>>
I've had a fwe bad experiences but the main one is probably for my gender therapist. Had finally gotten through nhs system after waiting like 15 months and had been self medication hormones for ages, have some appointments with therapist and at this point i'd been living as a girl for about 6-8 months without issue or people guessing was mtf.

2 Therapists at this place, nice guy, weird lady. The nice guy is all cheerful with the "im so happy for you, your doing amazing" and stuff. Time for my decision from them and the lady one just outright says she thinks im not ready for life as a girl and to wait 6 months. Even though she had previously said she can only see a girl by my appearance.
Luckily male therapist was like "fuck her, heres your medication on nhs" but still. Was ridiculous
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.