[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you get over the anxiety of hanging out with friends because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 1445286290497.jpg (163 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1445286290497.jpg
163 KB, 1200x675
How do you get over the anxiety of hanging out with friends because you worry they will get bored of you, or realize how much of a loser, pervert, fuckup, etc. you are?

Thing is I am pretty much alone all the time, and don't have any real hobbies or money to do niormalfag things. I have opportunities to meet up with new friends and reunite with old ones, but am anxious as I don't know what we would do except eat out and go for a walk together.
>>
>>16933417

by doing it anyway. all great things were accomplished despite the anxiety, not due to a lack of it.

if you think yourself a loser, than fix that. its a long process, but you make friends along the way. if you think you are a pervery, reign in your perverted remarks, but own the ones you do make. dont be embarrassed, but dont be obnoxious. i once met a guy who could play off liking scat because he was calm and collected. gross, but calm.

>fuck up

stop fucking up, but you can just make other fuck up friends.

>no hobbies

invest in this. if you can have fun alone, you can have fun with people after all.
>>
>>16933417
Kids shows can help with this. My kid watches Daniel Tiger. They have one song which is simply
>I like you. I like you. I like you just the way you are.
When you get down to toddler level you realize that true friendships are just about being able to get along together. Not about where you can go or what you have or what you can do, just about getting along.
And it goes back to that tired cliche, you can't be loved until you love yourself.
If you don't like or love yourself, you will constantly be second guessing the people who like or love you. You will never be content to trust in the fact that people like you for who true and nothing else. So you will always end up inadvertently sabotaging yourself. You eventually teach people how to treat you, if you put up with shit, then they continue treating you like shit. If they treat you nicely, and you are weird about it, then you make them feel weird.

People don't like it when they feel weird.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.