[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My boss is upset at me for calling out of work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
I have never been late or called out before, only today. I donated blood at the Red Cross and I had a pretty nasty reaction to it. I threw up, sweated, fainted twice, etc. all over one pint of blood loss.

I called my boss and told her I am probably too sick to make it (I work at an airport and am on my feet at the check in for 5-6 hours at a time, no break in between).

I feel like she is mad at me. I WANT to go in, and I don't go out of my way to fuck things up, but I feel like I just got hit by a truck and I know that the airport is very hot, has lots of lights, and lots of people. I just can't do it today.

Do you think she will get over this? Should I just get over it and go in so she'll see that I'm sick? Even the thought of the commute makes me sick.
>>
She's probably annoyed right now because it's an inconvenience. It means she'll have to figure out how to run things smoothly without a worker. It's a natural response.

She'll get over it.

Stop being a dweeb.
>>
>>16949695
This, pretty much. Maybe there's noone on-call that she can request right now, because he/she called in sick as well? Lots of possibilities, don't worry about it. You are sick and can't work, you called in advance, not your problem anymore.
>>
>>16949689
Here is how bosses work if they are normal and not openly an asshole.
>You call, boss will be like oh...ok thats fine
>Hangout and your boss will be naturally flustered trying to fill your slot
>Get kinda mad but not because of you but because of herself and not being able to fix a small issue that should be foreseeable to happen once in a while
>If she is a normal person she will get confused with the emotions and blame you but never say anything
>This will pass in a day so next time you go in it'll be fine
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.