[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello. I have Aspergers. How do one deals with immaturity? Those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 4488.png (204 KB, 373x309) Image search: [Google]
4488.png
204 KB, 373x309
Hello. I have Aspergers. How do one deals with immaturity? Those immature young or old people at your job for example. What is done, step-by-step? I lack the proper reaction to others immatureness where i can't be strict, like in a workplace i'm not in a position of power, or in the army(in my country you only serve for 2 hours a day in the instructions).

For example, there is a group of 3 to 4 guys who like to continuously pronounce my name for no reason in ''different voices''. It makes me cringe hard. Those are in the army, with people sometimes fresh from highschool/start of college and sometimes even students. I'm sociable and virtually everyone likes me, probably even those guys. But i don't react to this, i only once looked at one of them and smiled because i just wanted to know who was doing it out of curiosity. That's the only reaction i had.

However, in this situation, and in other childish jokes(like pretending someone is calling me, or doing it with a guy pretending to be me), i simply don't know how to react, and i had this feeling of ''i should have reacted better'', but i can't think of how i should have handled it. I mean, i see no humour in this, i'm terrible at pretending to laugh, they're noisy and annoying (although i don't feel threatened or any major annoyance enough to disturb me a lot). I expect this kind of behavior from a child, not from young adults. So, what do you do once you come in contact with immature/childish people?
>>
Have you tried punching them in the face?
>>
>>16948810
You don't need to "deal" with it. You don't need to respond at all.
>>
>>16949226
I always have violence as a last-ish resort. However, some of those kinds of people are in the military, and i'd rather not commit a military crime around here (assault during lessons/inside the HQ are classified as such).
>>16949271
How so? By outright ignoring(i'm not being ironic, it's an actual question, i'm legitimately an aspie)? Should i retain my then-current facial expression, paying no mind and pretending i'm not listening? When such behaviors happen, they do annoy me a bit.
>>
Because fuck people trying to joke around with you and be your friend.
>>
>>16949349
I can recognize friendly joking, it's easy for me to make acquaintances and friends. What they're doing is childish and annoying. I don't even know if it counts as bullying because i'm not suffering or anything, but still annoying.
>>
One more bump.
>>
First:

Stop using your aspergers as some kind of reasoning on why you act like a fag

I've been diagnosed with depression many times, and I'm depressed as fuck, but I have never, EVER, said "OH WELL YOU KNOW MY DEPRESSION HERP A DERP DA DERP"

Aspergers isn't a real fucking disease anyways, fucking get your shit together op
>>
>>16950335
>Aspergers isn't a real fucking disease anyways, fucking get your shit together op
Sensing a shitstorm coming...
>>
>>16950348
Because stupid retards think their lack of social skills is some kind of disease

You know I'm right dude. Idiots like op just use it as a scape goat because they don't like to admit that they're just social retards who never learned social skills because kids were out playing and having fun while op was sitting inside playing StarCraft
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.