[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mom and sister are trying to force me to see a therapist for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: j01.jpg (78 KB, 750x564) Image search: [Google]
j01.jpg
78 KB, 750x564
My mom and sister are trying to force me to see a therapist for being noticeably down/frustrated lately.

I keep insisting to them that I'm just bored because I have a light community college course load this semester and am still waiting on some part time job offers and have way too much spare time, but they aren't having any of it.

How do I get them to shut up?
>>
Go out with friends a lot or have a hobby. And tell them what it is that makes a difference yo.
>>
>>16947553
To some extent that's kinda a problem.

I was attending a 4 year school for a while, but it was a shitty time in my life (I wasn't ready and I was emotionally abused so it was a crash and burn, which explains their concerns).

I just moved back to the area, but I haven't been able to reconnect with my old HS friends too strongly since all they care about is getting drunk. They all either just turned 21 or just got their fake IDs so alcohol is the "COOL EDGY" thing for them. Personally I don't really like it much, I just have some beer or wine once in a while for the taste.

I'm hoping to get hired by REI which is supposed to be one of the best workplaces to meet people, though. I've also looked at community college clubs but none really pertain to my interests.

As for hobbies, I'm a tad stuck in that regard too. I love the outdoors, but I'm stuck in the midwest so there are no mountains or cliffs. I just got my Ham Radio license, but I have no idea what to do with that hobby.

I might pursue writing some short story ideas I've had or developing mods for freeware flight sims.
>>
>>16947604
If you have don't wanna reconnect with old friends make new ones. More new unexpected things come out of that.
>tell you're mom your side story.
>pursue that then people want people who are motivated specifically in whatever.
>stay motivated and tell your family things ont happen over night and they're overreacting.

Again show your motivated job Hun and keep productive till you get back on you're feet op.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.