[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I might talk too much about myself. There's a girl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Good Idea.gif (1021 KB, 340x218) Image search: [Google]
Good Idea.gif
1021 KB, 340x218
I think I might talk too much about myself. There's a girl I'm crazy about. I've been trying to talk to her more, I'm kind of shy generally, but I think I've gotten past it with her. Now I have the opposite problem. I think I talk too much. She thinks I'm really funny, which is good, but I never get to anything serious. Only self-depreciating jokes. When I try to talk about a movie I've seen or a book I've read, I worry I sound pretentious because I read and watch mostly classics that she's not familiar with. I figure my best bet is to just listen to her talk about herself for a bit, but she doesn't really do that. Do I just ask her what's going on in her life? Is it that straightforward?

>Pic is how I feel when I think I've botched a conversation.
>>
>>16946964
>self-depreciating jokes

Well at least you get a nice tax write-off.

>Do I just ask her what's going on in her life? Is it that straightforward?
Yeah, that's like normal conversation.
>>
>>16946984
>Yeah, that's like normal conversation.
Aye, there's the rub.
>>
>>16946964

>Do I just ask her what's going on in her life? Is it that straightforward?

Yeah, pretty much. If she can't keep a conversation going though, she might just be boring, dude. She might just genuinely not have much going on in her life, or in her mind, worth talking about. It's not always your fault, or your responsibility to keep a conversation going. I know you're still in the stage where you're trying to impress her, but you should really be learning about her as well, seeing if you're actually going to be compatible
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.