[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lately I have become really lazy mentally. If I try to read a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 2443557324554.jpg (49 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2443557324554.jpg
49 KB, 1024x768
Lately I have become really lazy mentally. If I try to read a book, I just stop doing it after approximately 10-11 pages. My concentration has become really shitty and now I don't have desire to do things I usually liked doing (guitar playing, workouts, reading...). The finals are coming soon but I can't study for shit. What is the most effective way to get back on the right track?
>>
>>16945690
I don't want to play net-doctor or anything, but losing interest in your normal hobbies, problems concentrating - all symptoms of a budding depression.
Maybe take a step back, blank one of the exams for some breathing space, and consider if anything needs changing in your life?
>>
>>16945713
Yeah, I was thinking about the depression symptoms myself. But, besides this ''brain fog'' or whatever you wanna call it, I generally feel alright. Now, there certainly are some things that I should change in my life but I don't know what I should change first. I also don't have much time for self-improvement at the moment because I'm preparing for college, studying and stuff.
>>
>>16945725
Hmm. This might sound really general, and not that helpful, but dealing with depression and being sort of wobbly in the head has taught me that I generally need to strike some kinda balance between pushing myself, and letting go. Beign able to step back, say "Okay, I fucked up, no use in beating myself up." and then chilling the fuck out until I'm ready to be a useful member of society once more.

Not that I think you have depression, but you might jsut be stressed out and getting a little scatterbrained because of that, and it is useful advice in any case. I hope.
>>
>>16945725
I am another Anon and I actually do have a slightly professional background, don't worry about depression. There is more to that.

As a a fellow mentally lazy guy I can recommend doing some exercise etc., try to spend less time just hanging out in front of the computer. Maybe get up earlier in the morning to do sports, change you schedule a bit and go to specific places for specific things (e.g. studying/reading at the library).
>>
>>16945725
Try and structure yourself a little between designated "work"-time and designated "play"-time, so that you can be present in both situations, without being mentally halfway somewhere els.e
>>
>>16945733
>>16945734
>>16945735
Thanks guys. Will try your advices out.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.