[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to stop being bitter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: Crying.jpg (55 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
Crying.jpg
55 KB, 645x773
Why am I such an awful person holy shit. I grew up in a ghetto environment where you have to be aggressive otherwise you get beat up and robbed. I transferred this aggressiveness into my adult life as a mask to hide my anxiety, but didn't realize until today how disgusting it is.

Here's an example, I beat some guy in hearthstone today, and he insta added me. Here's how the conversation went.

Me 16:21
get fucked kid
you mad?
Yoshio 16:21
You're so bad at the game
Me 16:21
why have to be mad bro?
i raped you even though i don't have legend card back
or gor mok
cause you suck
Yoshio 16:21
Was just going to point out a few things to help
Me 16:22 .
i dont give a shit
stay bad stay mad

Do I add him back and apologise?
How do I fix this adv? I'm not like this. I don't wanna be like this. I'm sick of it.

I have a small circle of friends where I'm not like this at all, but always aggressive with strangers because I'm used to think everyone wants to fuck me over, so that scares potential friendships and gfs.
>>
>>16945454
Conversely, I grew up in a middle-class home and have always been very friendly to people. But, between a shitty commute, a very stressful relationship, and managing up in all my meaningful jobs (all this on top of being a Type B), I've become bitter because of all the times people have hurt me (intentionally or not).

I'm not 100% sure yet, but you for sure have to forgive people, and then the part I don't know is, if separating yourself from the people that hurt you and are aggressive like you mentioned will help.

Still hang around with your friends, make your goal to expand that circle. But all the negative, aggressive assholes, you just don't need to be around them - you don't want to become one of them.
>>
>>16945454
I'm guessing you're only like this behind the safety of your keyboard ?
>>
>>16945674
Hey thanks man, I really should learn to forgive myself and others. I just don't know how to open up to new people cause I'm not used to it.
>>16945707
Not really I wish it were the case, in public I often stand by myself and stare at people who make eye contact. I'm somewhat tall (6'1) and go to the gym so that scares most people and they just look the other way.

I guess I do this subconsciously in order to mask my anxiety and get people to avoid me, but do not want to be like this in the future.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.