[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bro cant get work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1330218881597.png (106 KB, 650x500) Image search: [Google]
1330218881597.png
106 KB, 650x500
My brother got divorced and needed to get get away from his Ex so when his job offered him to transfer cities, he took it. They placed him in a small town, and he got a nice place. However months into it, new management steps in and the transfer is no longer valid. Turned out the boss who agreed to it did it behind everyones back and was also arrested for stealing thousands.

So he lost his job despite everything. Hes been trying to get a new job since and even settled for basic part time shit work hes so desperate.
However my brother has several tattoos on his hands and gauged earings and keeps having people walk out on him during interviews. Hes pretty qualified for most places but the second they shake his hand and see ink, they usually leave him standing there.

Any ideas on work I could get for him? Hes getting depressed and starting to hate himself for his looks.
>>
>>16945336
hand tattoo?
>>
>>16945353
Yeah. He only has one hand tattooed. Hes got a tree and a dragonfly in memory of important people. I think the main one causing problems is a tattoo of his old friend named Osif because people mistake it for a prison tattoo since it looks like 0517 from a distance. Although he has no criminal records so i figure it wouldnt matter ultimately.
>>
>>16945336

>tattoofags BTFO

Do you know why that kind of "look" is considered a red flag in a job interview? It's not just baseless discrimination. It shows poor judgment, shortsightedness, a willingness to throw out long-term goals in an impulsive moment. I don't know what kind of jobs he's applying for, but I wouldn't trust a guy like that with much responsibility at all. I don't think people understand how fucking hard it is to run a business and keep it all from collapsing. When you bring someone on as an employee and start writing them paychecks every week, you want to KNOW that they'll follow through
>>
>>16945373
I get thats a lot of peoples mentality, but aside from expensive tattoo removal, theres not much they can do about it.
I guess i find it odd because growing up with my brother, it seemed a lot of people got tattoos for spiritual or cultural reasons and are actually very nice and peaceful people.
But then I find a lot of idiots with misspelled tattoos on their face and pot leafs on their necks so I get why people view tattoos as something impulsive shortsighted idiots do.
>>
>>16945336
He probably has a case against his old company. Whatever his boss was up to, he accepted the transfer in good faith, and unless they can prove that he didn't do his job, they owe him (at least) his old job back and the costs of relocating twice.

He should see a lawyer. They may give him a payoff just to get rid of him, and that can carry him for a while.

Meanwhile, any new employer has a perfect right not to want customers or co-workers to be faced with someone who will scare the hell out of them, and he may well be limited to the kinds of jobs that don't involve customer contact and that are among coworkers with similar images. At least at the start - if he's good at, say, loading or truck driving, he may impress bosses enough to move up.
>>
>>16945404

>aside from expensive tattoo removal theres not much they can do about it

which is exactly why they dont hire him. becuase he got a tattoo knowing there wasnt anything he could do to undo it but he did it anyway.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.