[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been dating this girl for a while, and asked her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Cap056.jpg (37 KB, 691x485) Image search: [Google]
Cap056.jpg
37 KB, 691x485
So I've been dating this girl for a while, and asked her to marry me a couple months ago. We're incredibly happy together. However I've been keeping a secret from her. I've never told anyone about this, but a couple months before we started dating I lowered my standards greatly and decided to hook up with a 40 year old woman on craigslist. I'm super ashamed of it, and would like to forget about it, but am I a shitty person for not telling her about it? As far as she's concerned I've only had sex with 4 people including herself. I've been hiding it from her, should I tell her, or should I just live with it, and let it rest in the past?

Pic unrelated
>>
Just let it go. It's like you're trying to bring up drama where there doesn't need to be any.
>>
Let it rest. Does it affect your relationship in any way? What would the benefit be of telling her?
I know the feel. I'm all for honesty and not keeping secrets. I know how it van make you feel separated from one another. But those things have a place and a time. You don't seem to be ready to tell her, so don't force it. Maybe one day you will tell her and you both laugh over it. But now doesn't seem to be the right time. She want's to spend the rest of her life with you. If you hooked up with a milf once should NOT have that much of an impact. There should be enough cushioning of things she values about you to not make her rethink her decision over something so small and unimportant. Tell her when you feel ready.
>>
>>16944682
What happened before you met does not count. Don't ask her about her past and don't tell her about yours.
>>
Couple of months before you started dating?

So long as you got yourself tested for stds then it's fine, no need to ever bring it up.
>>
If this happened before you met, then she had no claim on you. It sounds like hiding this is eating you up inside anyway, so go ahead and tell her, just to take the load off your shoulders. But it's not like you were cheating or anything.

Though I would leave out the bit about lowering your standards. That'll only make her wonder if you still consider your standards to be low, and that way lies relationship-killing insecurity.
>>
>>16944682

Take it to your grave homie

Theres no reason for anyone to know if you dont want them too, so keep it to yourself
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.