[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, tech newfag here. I have a PC with an fx-8370 @ 4.5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: Sapphire-Nitro-390-Overview.jpg (112 KB, 1003x522) Image search: [Google]
Sapphire-Nitro-390-Overview.jpg
112 KB, 1003x522
Hey /adv/, tech newfag here. I have a PC with an fx-8370 @ 4.5 GHz, and a gtx 770. I'm hearing that dx12 will improve performance with amd processors and graphics, but I want to be able to play games like Arma 3 at above 35 fps, which probably won't see dx12 support. Should I try to sell my processor and motherboard for an i5, or try to sell my 770 for an amd card to match my processor?
>>
>fx-8370 @ 4.5 GHz
AMD CPU's are cheaper than Intel, but that is the only advantage.
>gtx 770
That is solid GPU

>I'm hearing that dx12 will improve performance with amd processors
You are hearing business talk. That means nothing until proven otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/review/712-arma-3-benchmarks/page4.html
it says here you should have (DX11 Ultra) 48 FPS which sounds good to me.

If you want to upgrade something, start with getting Intel CPU with highest frequency. (more cores doesn't mean better performance for games, frequency does).
>>
Goto into launcher setting and check core usage. Also look into a program called cpucores. Its too convenient to let it reduce cpu priority through the OS and increase priority to the game specifically. There are other free programs but cpucores is just so much easier as a one click solution. Also I have a fx8350 with a R9 290x. I get 73fps. Sounds like you got a background process hogging resources.
>>
>>16943702
Just generally though, it seems like the Intel processors can do shit like emulation better, and is significantly better at CPU intensive games, even at the same price point. I dunno, if I could sell my 8370 and the mobo, and get a 6600k and a mobo for $100-$150 more, is it worth the investment.
>>
stick with your old hardware until you run into something you want to play but cant run.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.