[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dont know what to do guys, I just dont know. Im currently a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
I dont know what to do guys, I just dont know.
Im currently a majorless freshman at a community college. I want to be a teacher. I just talked to my counselor, she said, being that Im a guy, I would have the best chance at finding a job if I go into math/science.

The thing is, I hate math and sciences. Ideally, Id want to teach history, but when it comes to secondary education it is apparently better to dual major, I want that secod major to be something that has a good job outlook if teaching doesnt work out.
Right now Im heading down Biology, but Im not sure thats what I want.
I dont know what to do guys, this is my future here, I cant fuck this up.
>>
Your counselor is sexist. You can be whatever kind of teacher you want.

Just try classes all over the board (within reason) and see what you find most interesting. You can't force a long-term interest. It will eat at you if you do.
>>
desperate bump
>>
>>16942516

The worst thing is to study something you hate. Then the odds are against you and even if you finish it, you will hate your work too.

If you want to study history with teaching in mind, combine it with something similar or with something else you like.

> I hate math and sciences
> Im heading down Biology
You gonna hate it after 1 semester.

Try to find online how many jobs for teachers are currently open in your country / location. This can give you clear idea which path can pay off when you finish study.

Don't study something what you hate.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.