[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Volunteer firefighter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
File: serveimage.jpg (242 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
242 KB, 1600x900
Crossthread from /fit/ for more application-based advice

My local town is looking for volunteer firefighters, and this is something I very much want to do. I'm 6'5 and large, I want to give back to my community and be of service to others. To do what Woods said, to be willing to do what others cannot.

I have a good mindset for this position. I approach things very tactically and with energy directed where it's needed- a real almost polarized 'N' type- and many people confirm that I'm one of the best drivers anyone's ever seen at 18, good ability at knowing the situation around me and seeing what could go wrong. (From flight sims for the past 11 years.)
I'm very good at supporting others so that they can achieve their own assignments faster, and building everyone else up for better performance. And I'm anal about communication, good at it.
(I'm pretty sure I can get a reference from my old Sup, who I'm on very good terms with, as to these things. He was ex-military, and I'm probably close to military in my mindset.)

What kind of fitness requirements do you think they will require for me to be available, and how hard would it be to get there? I'm wanting to start training very soon. I'm strongfat right now but I do a lot of physical work for a living, 5 days a week, 4.5 to 5 hours a day. Cardiowise, I think I'm probably close.

Thanks.
Pic not related
>>
>>16942004
Well in my country the basic fire fighter test is 2km run pull ups and push ups .
>>
>>16942004
pretty much, could you pick up someone with equal or more body weight than you?

but i would do a little research...
>>
File: 1441945420520.jpg (52 KB, 575x556) Image search: [Google]
1441945420520.jpg
52 KB, 575x556
>>16942353
If I had to.
I have done research but never found specifics, that's why I'm here.

>>16942081
>2km run pull ups and push ups.
You don't sound very coherent.

From this it
>implies
that the requirements are that you be able to do a pull up and a push up.

This is murica, I don't think it's that bad. I've heard from /fit/ there are volunteers who look like walking heart attacks already, the dept. was desparate enough to put out a big banner for recruitment.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.