[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to create things so badly, but I don't know why,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1454294769011.gif (2 MB, 390x520) Image search: [Google]
1454294769011.gif
2 MB, 390x520
I want to create things so badly, but I don't know why, and I don't stick with anything.

I've tried drawing, painting, writing, even coding, making games. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>16938194
you tried some ways to create stuff and they didn't fulfill you, next logical step is to try other ways to create stuff
>>
>>16938194
Try your hand at other things besides in-house things. Try woodworking. Woodworking for me was one of the most rewarding hobbies I have ever had. You spend countless hours working on one thing, never overlooking one single detail, and the outcome, regardless of whether or not it came out exactly as planned, will always leave you with a sense of great pride and fulfillment because it is something you created entirely from scratch and saw through to the end. I built a small and intricate vanity chest for my mother for Mother's Day, and spent almost 2 months before building it. She was ecstatic over it, as was I. That's my suggestion.
>>
>>16938206
Like what? I'm inclined to digital stuff.

>>16938209
I have zero interest in woodworking unfortunately. My grandfather loves it though.
>>
>>16938224
ask your grandpa to show you the ropes
he'll be happy to see you show interest in his hobby and it might even surprise you and be actually fun

>work with clay
>start knitting
>get into cooking
>start building little ships in bottles

hell there is so much niche stuff you could do if the stuff you mentioned didn't strike your fancy
forget stereotypes and just look for something you enjoy
>>
Can you write? What are some fandoms you're into? You can write fan fiction for it.

(If you have problems figuring out where to put them, or where to find prompts, I'd suggest looking for a kink meme for the fandom. A lot of it is smut based but there are always some no sexual "gen" prompts.)
>>
>>16938241
>>16938224
Seriously, even if you find you don't like woodworking, you'll be working with tools and may find an interest in something like that...potentially with metallurgy or something of the sort.

I've run into the same problems recently, anon. Nothing I create is good enough for me, and it all seems so petty (handmade notebooks & wallets).
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.