[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stress
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
How do I go about getting help dealing with stress?
I'm convinced stress is making my acne worse, but I can't just not get stressed. I feel like I need to overcome it on a deeper level. I hope that doesn't sound ridiculous.
Do I see a doctor first? A psychologist/psychiatrist? Or just try harder with meditation?
>>
File: B&A.png (2 MB, 3200x900) Image search: [Google]
B&A.png
2 MB, 3200x900
>>16931709

if you arent doing guided meditation, you probably arent meditating very well at all, so much as sitting there and thinking about what you are stressing about.

each person is different so try different things. take a yoga class if you arent. im not gonna recommend pillates or a harder workout cuz tbqh they ultimately add more stress to my life whereas yoga was soft and just kind of relaxing.

as for acne, stressing about it will make it worse. try accutane. pic related is me. yeh? taking the pill will make you think less about acne cuz it will cure itself after a month or two, and then you are no longer stressing about your face for half the day.

combat other stresses by making lists. whens something gotta be done? make a list of all the steps, what day to do em, cross em off as you go. making a list of what to do tomorrow helps right before bed, as it confirms to your brain that you know what to do and can relax.

a beer in the shower is the best way to relax imhotbqhfampai.

psychologist and psychiatrist if a therapist recommends them, but you need someone to vent to and get advice from, not over analyzations about your mental helath
>>
>>16931740
>psychologist and psychiatrist if a therapist recommends them
what kind of therapist? I'm not sure exactly which profession is the first port of call

>try accutane
I have, 3 times! - 6 months at age 17, 6 months at 22, and 4 months at 25. Each time it worked for 1-2 years but it keeps coming back. I'm 30 now and my acne is only mild, but it's cystic and painful. On the third course I had a bad reaction so had to stop early. I'm open to possibly trying the lower dosage version of the drug, but am also worried about whether a fourth course would do long term damage, since I'm not aware of anyone ever needing a fourth course
>>
>>16931832

idk mate, im not a puss. just go to google and type in 'therapists in XX' wherein XX is your general location. read what you find and book an appointment.a 'genera' therapist should be fine, just someone who listens to peoples problems and helps them.

yeah 4th course sounds pretty intense. the best i can recommend (and sorry if you heard this before) is retin-A in the morning applied to the face. its literally just accutane applied to the face so it doesnt effect your liver (but it also doesnt have long term results). it sucks but you might have to apply it for the rest of your life.

after that, erythromicin gel. antibiotic, apply to face at night.

it kept my face pretty clear, one pimple here or there.
>>
Suana, the beach, creeck woods, cleaning
>>
>>16931709
>try harder with meditation
trying harder is why it doesnt work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvrIUmUbqw
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.