[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Roommates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: sigh.jpg (57 KB, 620x538) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
57 KB, 620x538
My female roommate has a dog who currently lives with her parents. The house we are renting says no dogs (unless tiny, but really no dogs).
She keeps saying that her dog is not that big but its not tiny either. We recently got out of a situation that almost got us kicked out (other roommate left without any explanation which opened a can of crazy).
Anyways female roommate's parents are coming up for a week to visit and only she can watch her dog that they are bringing with them. I'm not a fan of dogs but I tried to stay positive.
Well my boyfriend blew up and reminded me how we just got out of a situation that potentially could've made us homeless. Her bringing her dog for a week would make our realtor freak out on us.
Our female roommate reminded that the realtor did say we were allowed pets to "visit" but not live here and that she and my boyfriend discussed this a while back before we moved in.

Now I'm suppose to be the middle man for this or something.
>Boyfriend wants me to tell her no
>She wants me to remind him that this was discussed or whatever

>I literally don't care but all of this tension freaks me out

I don't know what to do. I guess I just wanted to rant on here before everything turns to shit. One roommate jeopardizes us having to leave and now the other one is too. Fuck everything.
>>
>>16931335

simply say

'why dont one or both of you call the landlord and let him make the decision'

one might chicken out. or they call. you wont go homeless from checking in. you'll lose a brownie point, but its only one brownie point and you can always make more brownies.
>>
>>16931341
I'm just really fucking scare because this is our first place. One roommate just up and left leaving bills and practically all his stuff in his room (he got into weed and became crazy paranoid thinking everyone was out to get him)
Now the female roommate is super adamant on bringing her dog. This house is Victorian and so beautiful that I know this won't fly with the landlord and realtor.
The realtor is coming in to inspect the mess our male roommate made of his bedroom (we've only been here 2 MONTHS and he fucking ruined it). I'm afraid of bring this up, especially since my boyfriend is at the gym right now.

I'm just so tired of this drama. I guess I'll somehow bring this up to her....
>>
>>16931361

you've gotta do something.

the best option is deffering to the landlord. its okay if he says no. that way your bf wins.
>>
>>16931486
Bf came home and quarreled with her. He's texting the realtor about this.
I feel like a kid stuck in the middle of mom and dads argument. I hope this blows over...
>>
>>16931509

say that. make a stand.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 420x564) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 420x564
>>16931517
Bf has to go to work. I'm probably going to try to convince female roommate that her dog can't stay... I'm seriously horrible with confrontation so it might take me a while. Thanks for listening.
>>
>>16931541

>i didnt need advice just to whine

please use /b/ instead.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.