[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do men have to do all the work in dating? Adv loves to talk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (70 KB, 440x470) Image search: [Google]
image.png
70 KB, 440x470
Why do men have to do all the work in dating?

Adv loves to talk about how badly girls want a relationship but you never see them do any heavy lifting.
>>
>>16942986
i like it, it gives us control and allows us to separate ourselves from the beta faggots that suck at it
>>
>>16942992
But suicide rates among beta faggots is on the rise and that's really bad for the economy in the long run.
>>
File: tmp_15597-images(2)-1007752824.jpg (14 KB, 266x190) Image search: [Google]
tmp_15597-images(2)-1007752824.jpg
14 KB, 266x190
>>16942986
>Why do men have to do all the work in dating?
To filter out the men who won't do any of the work in the relationship.

But you already know that, don't you, boner-boy? It's what you've been told literally hundreds of times, as you've serial-reposted the same damn question here every day for months.

Or did you think I wouldn't recognize you? I'll give you points for a slightly greater deviation from the norm for your question, but you're going to have to do better than this.
>>
>>16943005

Not even him but are you some volunteer janitor?

>I care deeply about the thread quality on boards.4chan.org
>>
>>16943005
>it must be only one person
That's kind of naive to assume. New dating standards are bullshit, guys are pissed that social media has turned most women into uber-cunts.
>>
>>16943023
No just >le xpert advicer man
>>
>>16942986
>Why do men have to do all the work in dating?

Like what? The initial approach? Plenty of good women willing to reciprocate, I don't waste time on those who don't.
>>
Your tha man. Why DO you have to do everything?
>>
>>16943002
You know what's bad for the economy? Them existing in the first place and using up valuable resources meant for the living and successful.
>>
>>16942986
its quicker and more efficient this way. if we let women do the work, it will be done poorly and we will just have to go back and do it again anyway.
>>
Define "heavy lifting". What sorts of unfair double standards are you referring to?
>>
>>16943263

Not OP but lots of guys hate how women want men to do all the initiating. Not to mention things like paying for dates etc.
>>
>>16942986

Women enjoy being pursued. That's just science, bitch.
>>
>>16943289
I agree that paying for dates and stuff should be divided more evenly between people that are dating. Women should also be encouraged to have more confidence in initiating romance, but I can understand their hesitancy compared to guys.

It seems like things are gradually shifting in this direction, though. At least in terms of social norms. Completely anecdotal, but I certainly wouldn't have the relationship I'm in right now if my gf didn't initiate things.

>>16943294
>Women enjoy being pursued.

It's flattering for someone to be interested in you regardless of your gender. Assuming they aren't being assholes about it.
>>
>>16943054
>actually having women reciprocating your advances
Must be a good feel
>>
At first we want to be wooed, after that reminded of the affection. Nothing wrong with that considering we have a little less time to find someone who really cares to have a family with (eventuality but whatever)

Also girls do a lot in the relationship itself, it isn´t always rewarding at all and sometimes we need to be assured beforehand it´s worth it.
>>
>>16943354
>I agree that paying for dates and stuff should be divided more evenly between people that are dating.

I'd consider it as more of a common courtesy for the person who asks for the date to pay the bill since they where the ones who asked. Yes even if the person asking was the girl.

>>16943289
And a lot of guys would get freaked out if woman were to ask them out, some of them could even go as far as calling her slut for being so assertive. Some men would consider it as a heavy blow to their pride if they where to accept the date.
>>
>>16943641
>Also girls do a lot in the relationship itself
What do women have to do that men don't?
>>
>>16942986

Women desire masculinity. It's masculine to "pursue" the woman.

It's like catnip for chicks.

This is just the initial shit, men and women both "work" at dating, mostly because most relationships are shitty and they both need to work to stay together.
>>
Funny that most guys only want women to be more stereotypically masculine and "equal" when it benefits them, but loses their shit over feminism so often.

But IDK, where I live (Scandinavia), the person who invites usually pays, or I'll pay for dinner and he'll pick up the drinks. We often just split the bill, I know no women who expect the guy to pay just because they're out on a date. I usually take initiative to plan fun things and take people out on cool dates. I'm also usually responsible for at least 70% of the bantz in our conversations, but I'm a very extroverted person. So I honestly don't recognize the picture you paint at all, but maybe you pick boring girls, or you live in a backwards country (which the US still is in many ways imo).
>>
>>16943693

No guys want women to be masculine, unless they are gay.

The problem is that most women want to be equal, but they still want men to be masculine.

It's true in Scandinavia, your women are just repressing whatever feelings they have. I bet a lot of your women cheat with alpha guys. Why?

Women desire masculinity.
Men desire femininity.

Science.
>>
>>16943709

Well, I don't think it's masculine to take initiative or pay for dates, hence the "stereotypically masculine", and I think a guy would be considered very fragile if he felt emasculated for splitting the bill with a partner.

I want to have equal rights and be considered an equal. I don't repress any feelings and I feel completely satisfied with the current situation her. I'd feel like a child if a man wanted to do all the "heavy lifting", like insisting on planning dates or paying for me. My mom is also the sole provider of our household while my dad is a musician and homemaker, they have the best relationship I've ever seen. The thing about cheating with "alpha guys" sounds like some fucked up r9k-esque projection. What is an alpha guy according to you?
>>
>>16943728
>Well, I don't think it's masculine to take initiative
You are in the minority around the world.

Your father is a musician, so that satisfies the "masculine" desire your mom has because it's an achievement. Part of the attraction women have to men and masculinity is accomplishment and skill.

> a guy would be considered very fragile if he felt emasculated for splitting the bill with a partner.
Agreed.

>I want to have equal rights and be considered an equal.
As would most women.

Women crave masculinity from a sexual standpoint, as well as equality from an intellectual standpoint.

It's a balance.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 598x617) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 598x617
>>16943693

>swedecucks
>>
>>16943739
>Women crave masculinity from a sexual standpoint, as well as equality from an intellectual standpoint.

This comment, btw, explains the internal conflict modern women have; and their lack of achievement of such balance will make them very unhappy.
>>
I've never done any work in dating.
I turn up and talk but that's an equal effort. Girls have made me cute things, I don't make that much effort.
>>
>>16943709
Yup, this one heterosexual American/West European male and college dropout figured out the entire human race from his office chair.

Seriously though, do you ever actually hear the things you say? Post sources or GTFO.
>>
>>16943709
>It's true in Scandinavia, your women are just repressing whatever feelings they have. I bet a lot of your women cheat with alpha guys.

Don't know about Norway but as Finn I can tell you that there are no alpha guys don't exists in Sweden.

In Finland the girls are the alpha's and we men are too drunk to care.
>>
>>16943796

Yep, I genuinely don't know what this dude is talking about (I'm from Denmark). Here, it's normal for men to be sensitive and treat women as respectful equals. I don't understand the concept of "alpha" and "beta", but I also respect men as human beings and I think categorizing people that way is mean-spirited and dehumanizing. A man is not a "beta" for being sensitive or introverted. To me, a "Chad" sounds like a ridiculous American high school stereotype. All my female friends seek out sweet, respectful and kind partners.
>>
>>16943092
>Classcucks falling for this liberal bullshit
Capitalism will keep producing a binary situation of exploiters and exploited. It's not masculinity, it's economics.
>>
>>16942992

I can almost feel OP screaming
>>
>>16943810
AFK moving to Denmark.
>>
I think the true moral of this thread is men don't always do ALL of the work and there are plenty of instances where women participate equally, if not more. No one is saying this is the majority, but it's certainly not uncommon.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.