[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First, I'm 19 years old, female. Engaged to my 20 year old
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1457790901557.jpg (48 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457790901557.jpg
48 KB, 640x640
First, I'm 19 years old, female. Engaged to my 20 year old fiance.
We live in a small town in the Midwest, in a tiny apartment that's around 600 a month total without internet, cable, or washer/dryer.
We're both recently unemployed, the jobs around here are terrible (the town we live in is on a worst place to find jobs in the Midwest list) and we have no way of making rent this month.
My fiance's parents are dirt poor and his dad smokes in the house, I have asthma pretty bad so living there isn't really an option. My moms husband won't let us live with her because he hates me for no reason.
My dad has offered us to live with him. The thing is, he was abusive emotionally and physically towards me growing up and I'm scared. What should I do? Is there anything I can do? I'm so stressed out I'm fucking suicidal and anxious, I want to give up. I am terrified.
>>
>>16940717
Easy there. Life goes on whether or not you're paying rent.

Find a job, any job, even if it's mowing grass or selling lemonade like a five year old
>>
OP I'm sorry to fuck up your thread like this, I really do hope you find the help you're looking for here. But I just have to speak up and say that catposters are ruining /adv/ for me. I just can't look past the stupid fucking sad cat to take your problems seriously.

I guess I project the cat's personality onto everything you're saying, and that's what destroys my ability to help you. It makes me say to myself, "oh, these are just a cat's problems, it's not worth my time to solve them." But you're a human being, OP. Don't sell yourself short by catposting. Don't use an image macro of a sad cat to represent your own sadness. Your own problem is more serious than anything that cat's dealing with right now.
>>
>>16940717
That's a shitty situation. I would say get out of that dead end place asap, looks towards friends or the generosity of strangers. Maybe your dad could help you out with some money?
>>
>>16940739
Honestly that made me giggle a bit, so thank you. And it was the first picture I saw in my files so I just used it. Idk what other image would work
>>
>>16940717
Ask you local welfare office/foodstamp office for help and look up any low income housing programs in your area. Usually there's a waiting list, but if you guys can scrape up enough money to pay rent this month, then that gives you a month to wait for the list and possibly get some help. Hotel vouchers or something. Consider sleeping in your car too.
>>
>>16940746
Unfortunately I asked him for money but he declined. My mom has lent money before but she can't keep doing it. I want to move so badly but it takes money to do that. It's a vicious cycle of small town life, which I bet is why there's so many suicides in my town too.
>>
>>16940717

This might be a stupid idea, but have you considered the military? Even from the most cynical, worst-case-scenario perspective, it's a more productive form of suicide. Or it could actually turn your life around.

Obviously that's not for everyone. but I would definitely say don't move in with your dad if he's abused you in the past. There has to be another way
>>
>>16940771
I'm chronically ill so they wouldn't even accept me anyways. Also crippling anxiety
>>
>>16940751
I will look into that. I'm not very good at asking for help
>>
Can you leave town and find a job else where with your fiance? How does your fiance feel?
>>
>>16940776

Why are you chronically ill?
>>
>>16940807>>16940807
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, intestinal problems (IBS) with chronic stomach pain (I think resulting from the eating disorder I had years ago), chronic migraines, and hypothyroidism. I recently had a blood clot too. Shit has hit the fan recently
>>
>>16940840
Wtf why'd it do that twice
>>
Start a dog walking business.
>>
>>16940840
You've practically lost the lottery of life, it sounds like. Sorry, I don't have much helpful to say. (You could try acclimating to the sedative effects of Benadryl over a few days and maybe the allergies would be tolerable?)
>>
>>16940784
What do you mean?
>>
well, i would say enlist in the US military (airforce) that's what I did to get out of a unfavorable situation... you have to do a minimum of 4 years or make it 6 if you want. but you got these illnesses so you can't get in. I recently got out after 9 years. shit gets harder longer your in. so 9-10 years is fine. basically once you get your masters gtfo. unless you want to slave away all your effort/energy for that retirement.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.