[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Helping girlfriend with body confidence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1431578239136.jpg (126 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
1431578239136.jpg
126 KB, 1024x1536
My gf used to be heavier, and still has confidence issues about her body. I think she looks great, but she always hides her body because she's self conscious about it. Anything I can do to help her feel good in her body?
>>
Don't. She will leave you once she gets more confidence. You will regret it I promise you.
>>
Usually when this happens with people, it's because they aren't really in their new body yet. They look in the mirror and see the old one. The best thing to start off doing is helping her get new clothes. Don't shock her with a ton of stuff but she needs to find a few new things that fit her to let her new look sink in. I was there a few months ago, I was wearing baggy clothes because that's what I had and anything with a bit of form was scary to me.
>>
>>16934564
Pretty much takes years of telling her she looks great. Don't be shy about doing stuff like taking pictures of her. Get her skimpy outfits that show off her tits and ass and ask her to wear them around and compliment her.

>>16934566
only if she perceives you as a loser. You can compliment her without suggesting that.
"You look great" is good.

"You're so hot I don't know why you're still with me/I'm so lucky to have a hottie like you" = bad.
>>
>>16934638
>only if she perceives you as a loser
Nope, she simply realises she can do better as more attractive guys are now giving her attention.

You can say what you want to her, that doesn't change anything but your girl is going to be getting new attention from very attractive men, something she isn't used to. Her confidence will fly through the roof and yours will sink.
>>
>>16934648
>new attention from very attractive men,

I get it, you perceive yourself as unattractive and you're convinced that the only reason OP/your girl is with you is because she perceives the same about herself.

Sucks to be you I guess.
>>
>>16934674
Wow. You've suddenly become extremely defensive and are now throwing personal insults at me? I'm trying to help you.

The fact that you're now attacking me specifically calling me unattractive only displays your own insecurities, friend.
>>
>>16934697
>your own insecurities
that's fucking hilarious
You're the one so terrified of your own inferiority that you insist it's a bad thing to help a girlfriend feel better about her body.

And I'm the insecure one. gj, you just got me to laugh out loud. keep it up.
>>
>>16934707
You're so far off the mark.

You're talking to a gay male who's been in a loving long term relationship since he was 15.

I have more female best friends than females you've met over your entire life.

But keep insulting me, it's doing you so much good.
>>
My girlfriend has the same problem. I've always found her attractive and do everything I can to make her feel good about herself. She eventually got her stomach stapled and lost tons of weight. One year later and she STILL has a bunch of issues with her body image.

I don't have an answer, amigo.
>>
>>16934714
it just takes a long time. She lived with her fat body for years, it doesn't take weeks or months to shake those feelings about herself.

You really just have to persistently communicate to her that she's sexy.
>>
funfact, once fat cells are created they never actually go away they just get depleted as you burn off fat so that means someone who has been fat and lost weight has a much easier time putting it back on than someone who was never fat
>>
>>16934564
I love siri. She has the perfect level of chub it's great.
>>
>>16934564
You can't fix damaged goods. All you can do is not buy them.
>>
>>16934566
>>16934648
>>16934711
Yo Newfag you realize you're not actually arguing w/ OP right? And the another Anon is right, you're being a douche by grotesquely generalizing all men and all women. Which suggests you prolly do have insecurity issues especially when you make absurd statements like that you have more best friends of a gender than the other Anon has ever met. Either you're so desperate that everyone you know qualifies as a BFF or you're a delusional douche.

Don't listen to this lunatic though OP. For to grim an outlook at life for someone as clearly compassionate as you are to have... =)
>>
>>16935061
I think we can all toast to siri
>>
>>16934707
Damn rekt by a tripfag. That's like being a bitch's bitch
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.