[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I organize myself?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Anyone has some good ways to organize yourself? I have trouble studying and keeping track of everything. I need some simple system. Something physical tho, no apps for phone or pc because that distracts me too much. Like, some system to use sticky notes or something.
>>
>>16928510
A white board/dry erase board, or tack board. Hang it up near your desk or by your door, so you pass by it/see it frequently.
>>
You're asking a very general question.

For studying, what is hard? Not procrastinating?

When you say keeping track, do you mean forgetting what you've done? Or what you've got to do? Or both? Or how to allocate your time?

You need to find the problem before you can find any solution. Or at least, communicate it better.
>>
>>16928533
Well it's procrastination kinda. I have a lot of things I need to get done for school and every one of them has different time when it's due every one requires different amount of time to get done, some things I need to practice regularly like solving math problems but I need to keep track of what kinds of problems I'm doing in order to practice all the types of problems evenly. When I look at what I need to do I get completely fucking overwhelmed. I have no idea where to start. And I end up often procrastinating out of frustration or I forget to study for something important that's really close and instead I do a project that's due really long time away, I skip some types of math problems that I needed to practice bu didn't get to them.

I am working on improving myself as a student because I am already behind with my credits. For example I found the Cornell System which helped me a lot with my note taking, I used it because it was kinda standardised and tested for 50 years which imho gives it some merit. But I can't find a similar time tested system for organizing my studies.
>>
>>16928561
How about starting with running list of what needs doing? I know you said no online stuff, but i would recommend an app that can give you reminders - even a simple Google calendar should do the trick.

I really can't say about scheduling time. I would say, keep it simple and do whatever has to be handed in next, but I appreciate variety is the spice of life. If you're doing similar stuff each week can you try and make a weekly schedule?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.