[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So today after eating, my wife's alarm for birth control
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 1455770574551.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455770574551.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
So today after eating, my wife's alarm for birth control went off. Her and I have our phones schedule to ring at 9 pm everyday. When the alarm went off she was playing with our dog taking pics with him on snapchat. I told her to take the birth control once she was done. I then went to do the dishes. We laid down to watch a movie but I knew that she might of forgotten her birth control because she just kept on playing with the dog. I told her " did you forget anything" she just went silent for like 5 minutes and then went to take it. I got furious and decided to just turn off the TV and go to sleep. It is 4 am now and it is still fucking bothering me how irresponsible she is with this type of stuff

It is not the first time either. A week ago her birth control was about to run out. I reminded her 4 days in a row to go to the pharmacy and get the new batch which was ready to be picked up. But guess what? Her alarm went off the day she was supposed to start the new one and to my disbelief she hadn't gone picked it up. I got really pissed off at her and started calling her a little girl that needs me to hold her hand ect.... she got pretty upset at my words but I apologized because I realized I kinda went too far. It really pissed me off though because she didn't have work or school those 4 days and she still didn't get that done, the day she was supposed to start her new batch I reminded her in the morning to go pick it up but she just stayed inside all day watching Disney stuff.

So reddit, am I being an asshole? Or do I just need to handle my situation better? How do I stop looking after my wife so much? I feel like since I am always on top of her things she doesn't learn from her mistakes.

Tl;dr: wife is forgetful and I am growing very resentful from her fuck ups. How do I deal? Should I back off?

We are in our 20's
>>
>>16925171
Make her change birth control method, if she's THIS forgetful.
IUD would need to be changed once every three/five years.
I am VERY forgetful and I never took the pill because of it.
>>
>So reddit, am I being an asshole? Or do I just need to handle my situation better?

Yeah, regardless of whether you have justification to you be annoyed (which, I think you do to a degree, but not at all to the degree you're exhibiting, and you also married to chick and knew all that going in), the truth is you're kind of being a patronizing asshole.

Even your tone in this post screams condescension--you're not talking to your daughter (even if you were, that's fucking horrible) you're talking to your wife dude. Treating her like a child won't get you anywhere.

My advice, get her to get an Implant. Basically the same thing as the pill, but she doesn't at all have to pay attention to it--except once every 3-4 years when she needs to replace it.
>>
>>16925189
Her gyno told her that if we had rough sex it could fuck up her insides or go out of place and that to replace it is on us.
>>
>>16925171
install gentoo
>>
You're being a prick for sure. Mostly because it's not a huge deal! There are protocols for what to do when you TRULY forget 1 pill or more (by truly I mean 12 hours later than intended time), and, worst-case scenario, they can be used as EC. Princeton has tables for each pill. You're making a big deal out of something that isn't, in and of itself, a huge thing.

If you feel like being on top of her is why she doesn't learn from her mistakes, stop being on top of her. Why is YOUR phone scheduled to ring? If it's just for HER pill, you're an overbearing asshole. I don't care if she's super irresponsible. That's weird as all fuck.

I'm guessing there is more to this than minor BC usage stuff...but I'm also guessing I'll think you're an asshole no matter what.
>>
>>16925171
As a self respecting woman, I'm shocked you have anything to do with your wife's birth control. If you want birth control in your hands wrap it up.
>>
>>16925217
The implant doesn't go in her vagina you retard
>>
>>16925217

IUD =/= implant

fuckwad.
>>
Also, I don't think this constitutes "very forgetful"

For me, with BC, "Very forgetful" would be like...takes an average of 1 pill every 4 days making the whole thing useless. This isn't "very forgetful" this is pretty normal...well..."normal usage!"

Are you this far up her ass with everything in her life?
>>
>>16925217
That sounds like she's bullshitting. Did she say that the gyno said that, or did you actually hear them say that?
>>
>>16925228
Yes it does you moron haha what the fuck do you think you do with it?? Tape it on your arm?
>>
>>16925223
It actually is pretty important that you take them at the same time every day
>>
>>16925250
The hormonal implant actually does go in your arm. An intrauterine device (iud) goes in your uterus.
>>
>>16925250
K-kind of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraceptive_implanthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contraceptive_implant

IUD is the intrauterine device and it goes in her uterus, as the name suggests.
>>
>>16925250
IUD = intrauterine device
Implant = hormonal stick that actually yes does go in your arm.
>>
File: fuck.gif (30 KB, 322x421) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
30 KB, 322x421
>>16925253
It's ideal and I think it's what people should try to do. But a difference of 3 hours either way isn't going to lead to a big dip in blood hormone levels enough to allow ovulation.

>>16925250
pic related
>>
>>16925223
>It's not a big deal!
>You're making a big deal out of something that isn't, in and of itself, a huge thing.
>Having a child
>Not a big deal
Spotted the single mother trailer trash with 8 kids

>>16925227
>I'm shocked you have anything to do with your wife's birth control
This kind of thinking is why men are mistread in custody cases. As it only takes a woman to make and raise a child.

>>16925189
>Treating her like a child won't get you anywhere.
My thoughts exactly. Be firm but understand, not a dick. Maybe she secretly wants a child too? It seems odd to me that she's so nonchalant about "forgetting" her birth control. Ask her if she'd be interested in a IUD, or get a vasectomy and freeze some sperm.
>>
>>16925247
I was there when the gyno said that
>>
>>16925223
Are you stupid?

Of course her alarm goes off at 9 pm too
>>
>>16925171
force feed it bro.

and honestly i wouldnt mind being called a child whos hand needs to be held, because i am and i cant even keep up with my iron pills
>>
>>16925171
>So reddit,
what
>>
>>16925360
Wat
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.