[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone Thinks I'm A Liar?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1452950690991.jpg (23 KB, 494x494) Image search: [Google]
1452950690991.jpg
23 KB, 494x494
This is probably a weird one, but here goes.
Through my whole life, I've always been called a liar, about everything. Everything from taking the last biscuit to calling the neighbour a series of unsavoury names. Growing up my parents always called me a liar whenever they asked me about something, my classmates thought I lied all the time, and every so often for no discernible reason someone will pin some really unbelievable shit on me and really lay into me about how it's true when I know 100% it isn't, and it's usually different people.

It's maddening, I've gone through it so long that I've actually started wondering if I AM lying about things, or if I even said something by accident, but I know I'm not.

Are there personality traits that make people think you're a liar? Body language? I'm so confused and it makes me feel really worthless and has actually gotten me into trouble.
>>
Sounds like it's just a rumor that persists because you haven't replaced it with anything more interesting or positive. People who believe the rumor must not know you very well - I'm guessing people make these assumptions about your personality because you're pretty isolated. In the end, you're the one responsible for your own image.
>>
Perhaps you are a compulsive liar? Or you are just surrounded by shitty people. People who talk.
>>
>>16924449
I'd considered that it could be rumours, but it'd be spanning the best part of 20 years, and among people who, as far as I know, have never met or been in touch with each other.

>>16924463
I have genuinely wondered if I'm a compulsive liar. I thought that compulsive liars were aware of telling lies but just did it sort of automatically and without considering it beforehand?
I guess I do have the rotten luck to get to know people who are very stubborn, so when they wrongly assume something they never back down and would rather reduce me to tears than admit that they're wrong.
>>
Perhaps you have a meek or submissive personality and you have the unfortunate tendency to associate with people who are abusive?
>>
>>16924508
That's entirely possible. I'm a bit of wimp when I let my guard down so maybe people take advantage of it.
>>
Were you ever at any point in the company of scum bags, or dealt a poor hand and surrounded by jackasses? Then it's very possible.

>>16924508
>meek or submissive personality

These kind of folk are literally preyed on. I know, I was for a while. If I wasn't fucked with constantly and I didn't fear loosing my freedom and living situation, I'd probably be in jail for some dumb shit out of retaliation.
>>
>>16924399

Call out to Jesus Christ to rid yourself of your sin of lying

No sin, no matter how great or how small, can land you in the lake of fire for eternity

May the blood of Jesus Christ cover you
>>
OP, it doesn't matter.

Just speak the truth. So long as you think before you speak, then you're fine and it doesn't matter.

If it's you, work on yourself.
If it's them, disassociate and ignore them.
>>
>>16924479
>I have genuinely wondered if I'm a compulsive liar.
You can't be without knowing it yourself AFAIK. Of course, if you were a compulsive liar you'd probably lie to us about not knowing and then wonder what the fuck was wrong with you that you'd lie to the people you just asked for help...

>I thought that compulsive liars were aware of telling lies but just did it sort of automatically and without considering it beforehand?
Correct AFAIK. There's no way you can be unaware of it yourself, compulsive liars just have a bad habit of trying to fix the problems caused by their previous lies by spontaneously telling new lies and so on compulsively.
>>
>>16924399
Prove to me you aren't lying right now. I bet you're making this entire story up.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.