[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting the inspiration back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1434873576411.png (21 KB, 176x232) Image search: [Google]
1434873576411.png
21 KB, 176x232
I'm one of those shitty little theater kids and the last play of my college experience is over and I just don't care anymore for the rest of the semester

I get enough guilt to do my work, eventually, and I'm still getting good grades, but I put off work for so long that it's really just plain old senioritis/procrastination

The problem is I'm avoiding doing anything I enjoy or hope to do instead of my schoolwork. How do I get that drive for self-improvement back?
>>
>>16925101

we can give tips and tricks but if your response to any of this is going to essentially be

'id just not do that or find a way around it' then go to /x/ cuz ur not looking for advice, you are looking for magic.

that being said

>make a schedule

schedules help. organize a list. take the time to cross things off. its satisfying.

>buddy system

friend in your class? do the homework together. explain your situation. just having someone there saying 'lets do it' can be a motivator.

>slave system

you give power to someone else. they take away your internet, your food, your fun, your phone or whatever distracts you and forces you to work. gotta find agood master for this.

>reward system

tell your gf to with hold sex unless you submit your homework for her to double check that oyu did it. if you miss class, you miss your next blowjob.

>put up a sign

this helps me. ill tape a piece of paper to the wall and just write 'DO IT' or something more specific about what i need to get done. this motivates me to well, do it.

>put childblocks on your computer
>give roomamte the password
>>
>>16925110
nice advice but the only one that'd work is schedule because

>gf
>roommate
>friends

where do you think we are?
>>
>>16925163

you are in college so assumed you had dormmates.

friends can extend to classmates.

but if you dont have the prowess to get a study buddy then you dont really have what it takes to do college. i mean fuck you're in theater, you wanna pretend you arent on good terms with anyone in that class?
>>
>>16925170
i managed to get a single and none of my friends are also in my major. never taken a class in theater because acting is even less viable than what i'm actually majoring in
>>
>>16925175

>go to class
>strike up a conversation
>bring up study buddies

you're ultimately missing the point tho mate.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.