[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm currently under chemotherapy. Jesus Christ, the first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
I'm currently under chemotherapy. Jesus Christ, the first shot was brutal, I never felt so shit before. Anyway as a side effect I got an oral mucositis. It burns like hell, so much that I can't even fucking talk and have to write everything on paper i communicating with someone. I just wanted to ask for those that experienced this thing or know somebody who had, how long does it take to get rid of it on average if properly treated.
>>
OP, my grandfather is very stubborn and has stage 3 cancer. He's likely going to die because it's pancreatic, inoperable, and he refuses to change his diet.

You need to start reading about Alkaline diets. Cancer thrives in acidic environments, so it's important to keep your body ph basic. There are lists of acidic and alkaline foods online. Adhere to this absolutely if you want to live. You can also supplement with baking soda in water (1tbsp) 3x every day.

Start eating everything organic, and eliminate all preservatives that aren't salt or similarly natural.

Exercise is very important while you're sick. I know it's hard, and I know you feel like shit. You have to just do it. Get outside and walk for an hour a day, or go for a 20 minute jog. Anything you can do. Spend all the time outside that you can. You should be taking vitamin D-3 as well, in very high doses. D-2 doesn't absorb, and you need to take 50,000 IUD of vitamin D daily. Take multi vitamins as well, and B complex. You MUST take at least 500mg of magnesium if you're taking B vitamins.

Epsom salt baths will ease your pain some and relax the muscles.

Focus on positive things. You must meditate daily for at least an hour. Preferably in the morning. The mind is very powerful- you can heal the body with it.
>>
>>16924552
Thank you fortunately I should make it but getting a cancer at a young age (26) it's quite frustrating. My oncologist suggested a predominantly vegetarian diet.
I will have to go through 5 cycles of chemo.
Do you know how long to get rid of an oral mucositis on average?
>>
>>16924643
It's variable but you can do these things for it-

Sip water for mouth dryness. You can chew sugarless gum or get some scripts from your doctor for artificial saliva if dryness is an issue.
Rinse with a solution of 1/2 tsp baking soda (and/or ¼ or ½ teaspoon of table salt) in 1 cup warm water several times a day. This cleans the wounds and keeps unhealthy bacteria from developing
>>
>>16924496
>You need to start reading about Alkaline diets. Cancer thrives in acidic environments, so it's important to keep your body ph basic. There are lists of acidic and alkaline foods online. Adhere to this absolutely if you want to live. You can also supplement with baking soda in water (1tbsp) 3x every day.

This is absolute and complete bullshit. Your diet can't change the pH of your blood, luckily, because your blood NEEDS to be stable at around 7.4 for your metabolic processes to work, and to keep it at that pH you use bicarbonate buffering system.
The bullshit about cancer thrives in acidic environments is a misunderstanding about Warburg effect, inverting consequences and causes.
Read about it and don't spread lies, especially about cancer treatment.

>>16924496
OP, eat healthy, try to do some moderate exercise and be positive. Staying around people you love will make you feel better.
I did some chemo, it will suck donkey balls, but at the end you'll feel good and it will be worth it.
Oral mucositis can last 7-14 days. I can link you some good guidelines for the treatment, if you need them.
>>
>>16924681
>Oral mucositis can last 7-14 days. I can link you some good guidelines for the treatment, if you need them.
Believe it or not I had to go to a center specialized in oral disease simply because my dumb oncologist wasn't really sure and he just prescribed me just some random mouthwash. In the center they gave me another one today, hope it works.
Some helpful guidelines would be good too thanks
>>
>>16924552
If you have metastatic, inoperable cancer in your pancreas you're gonna die regardless of what diet you're on.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.