[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I an asshole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 540x644) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 540x644
Friend wants to hang out, but only seems to have time for me when his gf is at work. It seems that he expects me to fit my schedule around his gf time even though they live together. Granted, I don't do much else and could do that but I don't want to, on principle. Rather than wait around I go do some shit on my own and friend gets butthurt that I didn't want to hang with him. Also he texts his gf a lot when we do actually hang. Am I an asshole?
>>
Most shitty people do that. They do nothing but spend time with their SO and only ever bother hanging out with anybody else when they're unavailable.
>>
>>16919065

That's the case here and he doesn't seem to see an issue about it. I don't want to call him out about it but idk what else will do
>>
>>16919212
Call him out on it or he'll never learn. Most people who are in a relationship will make their time with their SO a high priority because that is how you maintain relationships. And they may not spend as much time together as you think, even if they live together.

However, a person still has to balance their time with their SO with their time with their friends if they want to keep their friends around. It's not always easy to learn, but it's a necessary life skill. And it doesn't sound like he's doing it so well.

Let him know you're feeling like leftovers. Maybe make a schedule for hanging out. It sounds anal, but planning ahead can prevent a lot of misunderstandings. Then you don't have to wait on him, and he doesn't have to feel like he missed a chance to hang out with you if you decide to go do something on your own.
>>
Get a girlfriend and then you'll understand.
>>
>>16919057
>Granted, I don't do much else and could do that but I don't want to
> on principle.

Yeah... From some of what you're saying about him getting butthurt, he's sounds like he's kind of a shitty friend, but you're kind of an asshole and being a dumb-ass. On principle... rofl.
>>
Interesting, I am in a similar spot. Except, a girl tells me she "loves" me, and texts me, but never makes the effort to ask me out, she makes plans with other friends, and pushes me to the side to hang out with me, when "she's free". Meaning I have to ask her every fucking time I want to go out with her. Don't know if I should drop her, or what.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.