[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First: Pic is unrelated, I thought it looked cool. I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1419452169336.jpg (22 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1419452169336.jpg
22 KB, 250x250
First:
Pic is unrelated, I thought it looked cool. I don't know if my question is right for this board or /mu, but I'm going to post anyway.

I'm a design student currently getting into cover design and trying out various different styles. There's a musician, with a pretty big following on soundcloud, I like and who I'd really want to create covers for. I've finished a design of one of my fav songs as I thought, that would be a good way to show him my skills, rather than linking to my instagram.
My question is: How do you write such an E-Mail (short but filled with enough info so I present myself good) and how do I send him the cover, since I myself wouldn't just open random mail attachments from strangers..
>>
Musician here, look at his SC bio. If he's a small thing on SC sending an email saying what you want and telling him your appreciation for the music it will just be flattering. Just do it, I'd love for something like that to happen to me
>>
>>16916838

>How do you write such an E-Mail (short but filled with enough info so I present myself good)

You're overthinking it. Just send him your art with a short, friendly e-mail and if he doesn't answer back or isn't interested move on to the next project.

If you spend all your time analyzing every approach and every word you expend in trying to pursue your dream of art design you'll narrow your focus too much and not cover enough ground.

If you're confident in your art and your product it will speak for itself and you won't need a calculated speech and presentation to get people to notice you.

Short, to the point, link to the art. That's all.
>>
>>16916850
he has gotten a lot of momentom lately so he's got 60K now.. But thanks, I guess I'll try it like that
>>
>>16916859
I just thought, if I don't have a deadline or I got asked for a first concept or something, I decide when and how i want to write, because in other occasions I cant do that.
Good advice though, the cover ground thing is something I hadnt thought about, thanks
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.