[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to sell my shitty art?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: leboem.png (7 KB, 730x627) Image search: [Google]
leboem.png
7 KB, 730x627
I dont care about art, all i want to do is sell low efford shit to rich people so i can become rich too.

Thought about putting it on ebay (starting of 1500$). Best case scenario: I get monnais, worst case scenario: I waste 10 minutes of my life and 3 bucks.

Any other idea how to make money without trying too hard?

(pic related. It displays the struggle of black americans in a society that is 70% white and how the only way for them to make it is stay connected to each other).
>>
Even abstract art has technique, after looking at your pic for five seconds I was able to deduce that you used MS paint, the circle tool, poorly resized the circles and didn't even align the lines properly, if they conveyed something by being crooked fine, but it clearly doesn't.

If you really want to fake it properly, you should at least put some sort of effort into it. That means using proper tools like Adobe Illustrator with a good resolution and print quality.

Next problem is assuming rich people go buying art from complete nobodies on ebay. Banksy had an art sale in new york pretending he was a bullshit local artist and sold his art for 20-80$ a pop, when he revealed they were actually his the value jumped 5000% (bullshit statistic, lets just say a very high number)

If you really want to bullshit people, you need to make a name for yourself and have some sort of standard for quality. Upgrading from MS paint and submitting your art to galleries as opposed to ebay will gain you some sort of noriety, and thus value.

This is coming from someone who just barely understands art, someone who is willing to spend tens of thousands of dollars will scrutinize works even more fiercely, and this is especially because they know for each high-artist out there there's fifty hacks trying to do what you're doing.
>>
Also the definition of that art piece is juvenile at best, you should try way harder.

Have the distance of the lines represent something, maybe have them thinner the more they are apart, to represent stretching or a tenuous grasp, maybe have a bunch of smaller circles together form some sort of pseudo circle, anything that requires some fucking thought.
>>
>>16915052
You're an idiot, go study before talking shit.
>>
>>16915108
Sorry but im already studying something that is actually useful(no bully pls).

The other 2 guys were actually helpful :) Thanks.

And yeah i used ms paint. Lets call it an impromptu artistic expression. Also it is my first "painting"
>>
File: lebensfarben.png (45 KB, 3912x2712) Image search: [Google]
lebensfarben.png
45 KB, 3912x2712
G-Guys i've created my masterpiece! It took me 5 hours and i call it "Lebensfarben" (colors of life - notice the title in another language? BOOM another 5k!).

nothing can top me now

PS:
I still used Paint but now its in ultra super HD.
>>
>>16915451

Colors are okay!

However, the crossing lines are pretty unpleasant to look at, lots of lazy seems.

That orange line in the upper part of the image is hnnnng though, 9/10. My mind is having a hard time figuring out if it's a flat sun, or a horizon, a cut in the image or something else, it's definitely the best part of the piece.
>>
>>16915471

Thanks :)! Yeah that orange line was a lot of hard work but it makes my art look better.

But Paint is an ass in the pain. Ilustrator seems to be nice. Will upgrade and shock art world.
>>
Genius
>>
>>16915052
>>16915451
These are obviously made in Paint. At least draw them by hand.

This Anon >>16915072 is right, it's all about name recognition. One exhibit at the Broad Museum in LA was two brooms standing against a wall. If it were the work of a nobody, would the museum pay thousands for it?
>>
File: absracta.png (9 KB, 558x565) Image search: [Google]
absracta.png
9 KB, 558x565
abstract memes are the way to go
>>
>>16915052
>all i want to do is sell low effort shit to rich people so i can become rich too

Even if the actual art is low-effort, the networking will never be low effort, so this isn't a good business opportunity for your wants. It will require more input than you are willing to give.

If you were willing to use a medium other than digital graphics (especially oil paint), etsy would be something to consider. Obviously, you're not going to sell anything for 5k there, but you're not going to sell art at all on ebay.

But seriously, the art world is all about connections.
>>
>>16916343
thanks. Where do my fellow successful artist collegues sell their art?

>>16916288
10k minimum.

BTW:
luckely there is a shop that sells artist stuff down the road. Thought about buying a 2mx2m canvas. I will then make a single red dot on it and call it "the fireant". Gotta think big baby!
>>
>>16915052
If you're in art for the money, you're in it for the wrong reasons and are a disgrace to artists everywhere, just like that guy that plays Superman now. Get out of here!
>>
>>16916449
>>16916343
this and this
>>
>>16915052
Is that a stickman fucking a stickwoman without legs and arms?
>>
>>16916449
you just dont see the social- and capitalism critical approach of my art. Sorry cant help you if you are to narrow minded for it. Stick to pre 2016 art.

>>16916500
Exactly. The purpose of my art is to make the viewers question the world around them and connect the unknown (my art) with the known. This will generate an expiererence that will shock human beings in their very existence and make them feel unknown emotions in order to brighten their very existence. Too bad not everybody can understand this. But im ahead of my time.

Living as an atist is so hard.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.