[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /adv/ I go to a relatively small community college. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1423262044994.jpg (538 KB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
1423262044994.jpg
538 KB, 2592x3888
So, /adv/ I go to a relatively small community college. I'm taking a literature class for an elective. In that class there's a cute girl that I sit next to.

The problem is that with the way the class works, I have 0 time to talk to her in class. Before class she speaks to a friend who usually walks past our classroom. We've spoken, briefly, occasionally after class; however, she's always on her way to her next class, whereas the Literature class is my last one for the day.

What would be the best way to build up to, and essentially say "Hey, you're interesting and kind of cute, I'd like to get to know you better, we should trade phone numbers." in that very small window (2-3 minutes) that I have to speak to her after class?
>>
>>16914896
you sure she is single ? or maybe you don't care
>>
Try to find the most non-mainstrean-but-still-good-movie and invite her
>>
>>16914914

I don't know for sure. It's not one of those things you can flat-out ask without revealing your true intentions so I figure that I may as well just ask for her number somehow and risk the "I already have a boyfriend" bit.

>>16914917
See, I was considering that, she said she wanted to see Batman v. Superman, which is mainstream, but I'd like to get to know her a bit better first and see if we click at all. Or if she's even interested in the first place. Maybe I'm just overthinking things, but an invitation to a movie after briefly talking to someone just seems to be coming on too strong.
>>
>>16914931

If you want to see a movie go to see a great one and not just the traditionnel superhero dipshit

My most succeful date was thanks to birdman the second one thanks to the boy and the beast

And by your choice of movie she will make a picture of yourself
>>
>>16914931
> I don't know for sure. It's not one of those things you can flat-out ask without revealing your true intentions so I figure that I may as well just ask for her number somehow and risk the "I already have a boyfriend" bit.

can't you get a confirmation byfacebook or a thrid party friends?
>>
>>16914970

I have no third party friends with her. Her facebook is super private.

She mentioned having a boyfriend at one point years ago, and there's a guy with the same name, where I literally just found out that she liked a profile picture of his as recently as February; however, this guy hasn't liked any of her pictures (but they're all old), and neither of them have ANY profile pictures (The only ones publically available) with one another. She and her sister, from my limited view, seem to have some sort of closeness with this guy's sister, so it could just be the brother of a good friend. I mean, maybe I'm just deluding myself for some reason, what's your take on that?
>>
>>16914977

Take appart of his friend like " hey mate can i talk to you for a sec" " well , im kinda interressed by anon but before trying anything i want to make sure she has no bf already "

Who knows he might even support you and give you intel about how to proceed with the grill after
>>
what you do is focus on your work. you arent there to fraternize
>>
Put it on 4chan, she'll probably see it
>>
>>16914998

I've been paranoid about that this entire thread for some odd reason.

>>16914988
I've considered doing that, it's a female friend, by the way. I just don't know if I'd be able to catch the friend by herself, and I figure that she'll turn around and tell regardless of the answer. Has that worked for you before?
>>
>>16915005
> it's a female friend

grill like when boiz are trying to be careful
no way she would just ignore you / tell you to kill yourself

unless she is a dipshit

Well im the kind of guy who would ask the girl directly but that requires some balls
>>
>>16915015

I'm in favor of asking her directly. I'm just used to having a lot bigger time windows and knowing the person a bit more. I'm just wondering how exactly I should go about asking for a girl I've barely spoken to in a 2-3 minute window.
>>
>>16915031
just be the most honnest quick and simple bro

Say everything

you acknowledge you dn't really know each other
You find her really cute
You are embaressed to ask her that out of the blue but you don't have any real choice
then ask her if she know this really hype place/bar/cafe in town and whatever the answer ask her out
>>
other replies on this thread follow the obvious, and to me aren't helpful. My advice goes as follows. in order to initiate contact, you have to have a valid reason. In this I mean, while in class ask to borrow a pencil. She will obviously comply as all students do and give you the pencil. After class thank her for the pencil. She will follow up with a sweet welcome, from there bounce right into the next topic. 'so you like this class?' she will give her opinion, doesn't matter. point of this is, next time you see her and say "hey" it wont be awkward, because you kinda know her. Follow up and become closer and ask her for her number. Simple.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.