[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on working on Japanese farms, I can't trust those
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1445735483923.jpg (118 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1445735483923.jpg
118 KB, 1280x960
Redpill me on working on Japanese farms, I can't trust those shilling faggots on /a/.
>>
>>16914100
Watch some Dotchi no Ryori. They go to a lot of farms in Japan.
>>
>>16914100
Well the average age of a Japanese farmer is like 65
>>
File: agiri6.jpg (35 KB, 609x679) Image search: [Google]
agiri6.jpg
35 KB, 609x679
There was only one person shilling in that thread, and it was definitely me. I've worked on a apple and peach orchard for some time now with a group of friends in Japan I connected with during study abroad back in college. It is probably not the 'typical' experience a foreigner will get off the bat, because most people go through services that set them up with families/farmers.

There are lots of old people farming, so the industry and communities are literally dying out. There is a significant movement by the Japanese government right now to get young people working. As such, there are a growing number of young Japanese people that are moving from the city to the countryside because the industry is getting more and more subsidized to generate demand in the job market.

There are a sponsored programs like WWOOF to bring foreigners in to work on farms, on top of study abroad opportunities in universities to do the same for a summer (albeit those are in nicer, more desirable areas). In any case these are not permanent jobs, but if you learn the language, are hard working, and are fortunate enough to get bunked up with some good farmers-- you will make connections and have a better understanding on how to hunt for a job like mine. Nagano is generally the easiest prefecture to get a job working with younger people-- because it is more developed and has good draws like hiking, snowboarding, etc. The companies will likely try to send you to Hokkaido, which is a neat place but not particularly youthful.

I was stretching the truth about tons QT 3.14 college girls working beside you. There are a few, but generally you'll be working with middle-age and up people. Try to get a job in a "U-Pick" type place-- lots of city tourist girls will come your way. The surrounding community may or may not have 3.14 QTs to flirt with, depending on where you are located. Even still, it's not hard to find one.
>>
>>16914183
Do they pay you to shill too?

Thanks though, it honestly sounds like a pretty interesting experience. Any way to influence where WWOOF sends you? I'll probably try a summer program or something once I get a better grasp of the language. The lack of dozens of 9/10s swarming the farmlands is obvious but still disappointing, but I'll take your advice on picking location wisely.
>>
>>16914199
I'm not sure how you can influence those orgs... I didn't use them, but I figure it works a lot like JET where you give them input on where you want to work but ultimately it's up to a lot of luck.

Even still, the programs aren't that long and cycle you around a lot-- so if you're having a bad time in one place I think it's easy to move to the next. And if you hate the entire gig altogether, you can always pack up. Your VISA will end up getting revoked unless you can get another job/internship, though.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.