[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IDEAS/BEING ORIGINAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3
File: 1425421477293.jpg (87 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1425421477293.jpg
87 KB, 645x773
Guys,

Is there a technique to come up with ideas?
I desperately want to start a YouTube channel but I feel like it's all been done before. How the fuck do I create original ideas in my head?
>>
Well, for me most cool ideas happen to come when I'm not trying to think of them. Basically don't try to actively come up with an idea for your YouTube channel, just go about your day normally and remember about it once in a while. Eventually, you're going to randomly think of a cool idea while doing something else.
>>
what type of youtube channel do you want to do?

i'm not sure what you mean by "ideas"

do you want to start a cooking channel that focuses on how to make delicious chocolate swans?

or do you want to make a channel talking about your interpretation of video game story-lines?

alot of whats in the world has been done before. there really are only a few revolutionary concepts in the entirety of human existence. the wheel, fire, discovering electricity, the capacitor. i mean look at the ferrari, it's essentially the concept of a wheel with a platform on top of it. someone saw the wheel, expanded on that idea, and made a ferrari.

obviously i've dumbed this down quite a bit, but the point im making is that you don't need an original idea, you just need to improve an existing one. im sure you've seen prank videos, but im sure you've never seen a prank channel dedicated towards pranking aborigines/native peoples.

the best place to start is by taking something you already enjoy, and roll wiht it
>>
File: 1298835409026.jpg (15 KB, 169x213) Image search: [Google]
1298835409026.jpg
15 KB, 169x213
>>16912621
>>16912550

Thank you, guys.
This seems really helpful to me.
I want to create a video game channel because it is my main passion and I know a whole lot more about the topic than 99% of YouTubers who started making channels about games since they became popular to milk them.
So yeah, I'll play with that idea, to modify something that exists already.

Anyone else, feel free to post your recommendations too.
Thanks in advance.
>>
File: 1423376171829.jpg (28 KB, 429x399) Image search: [Google]
1423376171829.jpg
28 KB, 429x399
>keep a notebook on you
>write down decent ideas
>write down random interesting crap
>try new things
>go outside
>listen to music
>read a book
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.