[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Late 20's here. I've been dating a girl for over 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: How_to_break_up_thumb[1].jpg (20 KB, 300x317) Image search: [Google]
How_to_break_up_thumb[1].jpg
20 KB, 300x317
Late 20's here. I've been dating a girl for over 4 years now. It's been a perfect relationship until last year. She was diagnosed bipolar and has spiraled out of control with a lot of out-of-character behavior.

The relationship has become more like a concerned friend/dependent. We decided this was toxic to both of us, and we're taking a break but still remain committed.

She was my life and it's agonizing to go each day without hearing a peep from her. I try to check up on her about once a week over lunch, but it seems like even this is just annoying her more than anything. I'm doing everything I can to keep myself occupied, but that's just ending up in a lot of impulsive decisions and lots of wasting money.

What's a reasonable amount of time for a break like this to last? Anything I can do to make a positive impression the next time we consider getting back together? I've already joined a gym and lost 15lbs, new wardrobe, redecorated the house, etc.
>>
>>16912094
being in a relationship she is going to let her guard down and be totally dependent from time to time, and probably a bitch.

Depends on how serious you are really.
>>
>>16912097
Four years of seeing each other 3-4 times a week. We are both working professionals, shes finishing up grad school, and we're each other's best friend and share everything with each other.

Of course we're dependent on each other, but her bipolar diagnosis has seemed to throw her off the deep end recently, and shes been showing a lot of out of character behavior. New groups of friends she won't go into detail about, piercings, heavy marijuana use, etc. I know that smoking weed is likely exaggerating her bipolar symptoms, but she refuses to admit it and regularly misses her therapy sessions.

She claims she's always been so focused on her school/career that she hasn't had much fun in her youth. She says she's anxious about this being her last semester before getting her master's, that it's her last chance to get all of the typical college reckless fun b/s out of her system before becoming a serious professional. I've always made sure to do anything she's ever wanted to, from vacations to concerts to expensive meals, so I'm not sure where it's coming from unless she's just getting tired of me.

I'm hoping its just her bipolar symptoms going through a cycle.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.