[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't hold a minimum wage job
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: DCdiNDR.jpg (62 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
DCdiNDR.jpg
62 KB, 500x364
I'm 19, unemployed, and so far have been fired from basically the 3 easiest jobs on earth, unloading trucks, stocking shelves, stocking produce.

The first two I lost within one week of working because at both of them I was given 50 hours in my first week, and was 90 pounds overweight at the time, which led to me not even being able to stand up at the end of the third day at both jobs. Since then I went a full year unemployed because I couldn't find anything, got a job stocking like 20 hours a week, lost a shit load of weight, and although I didn't have as much trouble physically it turns out that wasn't the only problem and I also have intense motivational issues, no desire for money, an atrocious work ethic, a shit attitude that my boss hated, depression issues, and in general I underperformed really obviously. I held that job for just under 2 months before being fired.

At this point I'm aware of all my issues, but it is ridiculously difficult finding a job when you have been fired from 3 jobs because I'm a bad employee, I have no positive references, no work experience I can put on a resume, and have to lie through my teeth to even get a shot at a job.

I need some advice on how to grow the fuck up and make the best of this situation because I honestly feel like I'm screwed. If I tell my future employer about my history I have 0% chance of being hired anywhere, not telling them is an easy way to get fired later on down the road, and even if I find an employer who doesn't mind at a job I'm decent at my past will come back to haunt me and I'll fuck it up again.

wut do
>>
>>16911522

If you are in the US, no one is going to check your nonexistent work history. Just make up some shit about how you stocked shelves at uncle Billy Bob's house down in Tennessee in the summers or something. Have some relative vouch for you.

If you aren't going to college, consider the military.
>>
Join the Military
>>
I went through a string of crappy jobs I fucked hated between 17 and 23. What's worse is that I was legitimately shit at them as well: I was a weakling, I was terrible with people, I couldn't stand the abuse from co-workers and bosses, and they were just so fucking boring.

The only way out is to move into a career where employers won't treat you like complete dogshit for no logical reason.

It will be weird the first time you work in an office and no one is calling you a piece of shit, workload is easy, and you finish on time every day.

That's not much in the ways of advice because I can't tell you what job you want and how to get it based on nothing. But my point is: shit jobs are shit and they're never going to be not shit.

So don't waste your time. You don't have to wait to get a job where you get a basic amount of respect either.
>>
>>16911548

This is actually a very good answer and something to be aware of. It's mind blowing how shit jobs are when you get something better.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.